• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Both Shaq and Dr. J have Karl Malone in their top 10 all-time… Are they really that off base?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyones top 10 will change based on what era they grew up in. Outside of Wilt, I have seen every single player play (mostly) in their prime in my top 10.
If you're really old like me, You remember the Lakers playing in Minnesota.

Russell and Chamberlain
Oscar, Heinson, The best 6th Man
DR. J. Bird, Magic and MJ
Kobe, Shaq,
LeBron, Joker, Curry, Durant

And there will always be tomorrow.

No two will ever agree on the top ten.

When I'm dead and gone, Half of my above list won't even be in the conversation.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell and Chamberlain
Kobe, Shaq,

When I'm dead and gone, Half of my above list won't even be in the conversation.

That's one of the reasons why I don't have an issue with "younger" people not having guys like Dr J, Wilt, Bill Russell or the Logo anywhere near their top 10 lists. We're even slowly starting to see guys like Bird drop out amongst 20 year olds.

They only got to see highlights on Youtube of those guys. I'm not going to call a player one of the greatest of all time when I only saw select clips online, when guys like Steph and the Joker are breaking records before our very eyes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of the reasons why I don't have an issue with "younger" people not having guys like Dr J, Wilt, Bill Russell or the Logo anywhere near their top 10 lists. We're even slowly starting to see guys like Bird drop out amongst 20 year olds.

They only got to see highlights on Youtube of those guys. I'm not going to call a player one of the greatest of all time when I only saw select clips online, when guys like Steph and the Joker are breaking records before our very eyes.

1691257717719.png

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bird dropping out is hilarious, nobody in the history of the game, even Jordan, dominated the game like bird did before his back injury.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell and Chamberlain
Kobe, Shaq,

i am old enough to remember wilt playing for the lakers,but not the lakers playing in minnesota.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember wilt cause my older brother was a basketball player and was hooked on wilt and russell at the time.don,t remember any other players but jerry west.
He's just casting bait, waiting for someone to bite so he can throw out some outrageous first hand anecdotal bullshit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird dropping out is hilarious, nobody in the history of the game, even Jordan, dominated the game like bird did before his back injury.

Completely agree. But then again we saw him play and knew how great he was.

You try convincing a 20 year old that Bird is better than Steph, KD, Jokic or Giannis

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. But then again we saw him play and knew how great he was.

You try convincing a 20 year old that Bird is better than Steph, KD, Jokic or Giannis
But what made him great is also what prevents some people from ranking him high, and to some degree I agree with them. Bird and LeBron are comparable, while bird had the greater "core" it was unsustainable. Bird could not be bird without his reckless abandon for his own body. I use core instead of prime for the same reason, bird didn't really have a prime, he was amazing because his will was greater than anyone that most people have ever seen. Will wins the day but not next week. It's a silly metaphor but apt for this instance. His insane will made him LeBron James, LeBron James actual athletic dominance did the same thing but it was sustainable.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that just is not true.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stockton and Malone are yet another casualty of Jordan. People don't really grasp the insane dominance he had.

Were they a causality of Jordan?

For sure.

But they really weren’t nearly as dominant as you are making them out to be.

In a league setting where the Bulls were the only other team to have 2 superstar caliber players…

Stockton and Malone only managed 2 Finals appearances. And one was against by far the weakest version of the Bulls dynasty.

They were an amazing duo and led some very good teams.

But no, they were not dominant or else they would have got through the West more often an probably won at least 1 ring.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were they a causality of Jordan?

For sure.

But they really weren’t nearly as dominant as you are making them out to be.

In a league setting where the Bulls were the only other team to have 2 superstar caliber players…

Stockton and Malone only managed 2 Finals appearances. And one was against by far the weakest version of the Bulls dynasty.

They were an amazing duo and led some very good teams.

But no, they were not dominant or else they would have got through the West more often an probably won at least 1 ring.
Your whole post is stupid. Offense should be obvious.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your whole post is stupid. Offense should be obvious.

Well, it is a lot more intelligent than anything you have posted here.

Why didn’t they make more Finals if they were “dominant”.