• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Power Rankings

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its looking like that... our QB situation is an utter disaster, and the beginning of our schedule is a murderers row, Its a shame because our O Line looks to vastly improved but our skill positions are laughable minus RB which looks good so far.

Run it, and playaction pass can keep some games close...what is the DEF supposed to be like?

I endured the dark years from Bradshaw to Ben...I'm not looking forward to the next dark period from Ben to ???, but it's coming...for sure. Really hope for #7 while #7 is still got something because I might not be around for the next run.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Carolina
2. Arizona
3. Seattle
4. Pittsburgh
5. Cincinnati
6. Green Bay
7. Minnesota
8. Kansas City
9. Dallas
10. Denver

New England is maybe within the top 15, but lower than the Oakland Raiders.

PATs will probably win the east AGAIN unless the Jets are ready to claim it. BUF is having too many injuries, suspensions...MIA is still trying to fuse hi priced FA with underperforming draft picks.

NE is having their own share of injuries, but I don't expect them to do worse than 2-2 w/o Brady and no worse than 10-6...your boys have a great shot to win the west, but need to start quick to build confidence and stay injury free...I see them and KC right around 10-6 as well.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..your boys have a great shot to win the west, but need to start quick to build confidence and stay injury free...I see them and KC right around 10-6 as well.

Oakland has improved but I don't know if its enough to supplant Denver/KansasCity.

We'll see.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers

6th...That's about right (today)...they have enough depth at RB to survive Bell missing 4 games if it comes to that...Wheaton needs to step up to a 1k season, and they need Coates or DHB to be a legit 3rd option...This Green cat has to get on the field at TE, but I think young Jesse James is ready to be a 45-50 catch player.

The backend of the DEF should be better with year under his belt for Cockrell...thin at slot though so we'll have to see how the rookie plays in that spot....hopefully he won't be needed all season.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run it, and playaction pass can keep some games close...what is the DEF supposed to be like?

I endured the dark years from Bradshaw to Ben...I'm not looking forward to the next dark period from Ben to ???, but it's coming...for sure. Really hope for #7 while #7 is still got something because I might not be around for the next run.

D is young with a lot of unknowns...The secondary looks solid with good depth and the D line should be pretty stout,Pass rush and LB is where the concerns lay...aside from Bowman and Aaron Lynch who is facing a 4 game suspension (dumb ass) its not looking very promising, Big Ben is an amazing QB man..Steelers will be right in the mix of things as long as they stay healthy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Carolina
2. Arizona
3. Seattle
4. Pittsburgh
5. Cincinnati
6. Green Bay
7. Minnesota
8. Kansas City
9. Dallas
10. Denver

:fish2:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers went 10-6 last year, have the best quarterback in the NFL, are getting back their best receiver from injury, and will have a slimmed down and likely more effective Lacy.

They do have questions on defense, though. I do think 4 is a little high for them. I actually like the Vikings more.
None of that really separates them from the Steelers. Steelers went 10-6 last year and have a top QB in the NFL. Nelson is a boost, but we will have to wait and see what Lacy brings. Bell's suspension hurts, but when he returns after 2-4 games, the Steelers easily sport the best trio in the NFL (Ben, Bell, AB). DeAngelo Williams will fill the void and the offense won't miss a beat.

Steelers are getting back their best O-lineman (Pouncey), and the defense is on the rise. The unit was top 5 in rushing D, which is only going to get better. The secondary is still suspect, but they have injected youth into the position which should help a lot.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Carolina
2. Arizona
3. Seattle
4. Pittsburgh
5. Cincinnati
6. Green Bay
7. Minnesota
8. Kansas City
9. Dallas
10. Denver

That is not outlandish considering the Pats are in constant rebuilding mode.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre season power rankings... bla .... doesn't really matter...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre season power rankings... bla .... doesn't really matter...

2015 NFL Power Rankings: Week 1

Yep - as a reminder take a look at last year's preseason rankings. They were accurate in terms of certain teams at the top & bottom. However - they were way off in terms of teams like the Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Ravens & Colts. Obviously injuries will be a major factor & those are impossible to predict.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that really separates them from the Steelers. Steelers went 10-6 last year and have a top QB in the NFL. Nelson is a boost, but we will have to wait and see what Lacy brings. Bell's suspension hurts, but when he returns after 2-4 games, the Steelers easily sport the best trio in the NFL (Ben, Bell, AB). DeAngelo Williams will fill the void and the offense won't miss a beat.

Steelers are getting back their best O-lineman (Pouncey), and the defense is on the rise. The unit was top 5 in rushing D, which is only going to get better. The secondary is still suspect, but they have injected youth into the position which should help a lot.
Well I did say I think the Packers are overrated. But I think your discrediting the Packers gains while glossing over the Steelers losses. Nelson makes a huge difference to their offense. And you're right, we don't know what Lacy will bring, but he should be better.

And like I said, I don't trust Roethlisberger to stay healthy. The way he plays just causes him to take too many hits, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he misses time. Bell is out 4 games, and although Williams is a nice back up, he's not on Bell's level. No Bryant, which means defenses can force more of their attention on slowing down Brown. Can Green ever get healthy to give them a tight end to throw to? Can Wheaton or Heyward-Bey emerge as a second receiving threat?

Oh, and just injecting youth into the secondary doesn't mean it's going to get better. It could, but that's more of a guess than projecting Lacy to have a better year for the Packers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll Bait....nothing more, and it happens weekly

Meh. I think most of us like talking about football. Interesting to hear knowledgeable fans argue for and against their teams. Generally better insight than most of the talking heads who spend very little time analyzing each team.