• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Power Rankings

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Ravens won five games in 2007 and followed that with an 11-5 season. The Ravens won six games in 2005 and followed that with a 13-3 season. The Ravens don't stay down for long, so expect a big bounce back following their 5-11 2015 season."

11-5 seems about right to me.

I'm expecting a bounce back too...idk about 11 wins, lot of IFs need to go their way. Should rack up @ home, but some tougher games on the road

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk if 'bounce back' is a real thing. Flacco is just a deep throw kind of QB and the Ravens D sometimes has injuries like every other team. Lots of variability there. If they win 11 games its because of Flacco improvement. I dont think their roster is all that amazing at all. Like a poor man's Bears roster.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its kinda cold and dark down here in the basement.....

I'm afraid it could very well end up like that in reality which makes me wonder why didn't SF get more aggressive in the draft going after a QB...idk think they really got back into the 1st rd to get a G, did they? Seems like 24 CIN (who probably would've traded back after all the top WR were gone) was a much better spot than 28.

But...be that as it may...the Clemson kid and the MIA kid will probably be the top two QBs next yr and the 49ers will probably be in position to get one of them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk if 'bounce back' is a real thing. Flacco is just a deep throw kind of QB and the Ravens D sometimes has injuries like every other team. Lots of variability there. If they win 11 games its because of Flacco improvement. I dont think their roster is all that amazing at all. Like a poor man's Bears roster.

I agree...but I think they will bounce back to some degree because the home game schedule should yield them at least 6 wins if the OFC recovers much at all.

But this is more than just a spot or two fix...best pass rusher coming off his 2nd Achilles...rookie LT, WR1 is nearing 40 and coming off an Achilles himself...Dumervil is also over 30 and on PUP...relying on some young players to step up on the pass rush...9 wins I think would be good, any better, outstanding.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with:
1) Arizona
2) Green Bay
3) Carolina
4) New England
5) Cincinnati
6) Seattle
7) Kansas City
8) Minnesota
9) Pittsburgh
10) Denver

New England is starting an untested quarterback to begin the season and their two receivers are out.

How the fuck could you pick them at #4 ?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care about the rankings but.....

The Vikings intrigue me. Defense first teams usually aren't flashy but they seem to win. Vikings seem to be following the Seahawks and Panthers recipe for success.

The Cowboys are 1-13 when Romo doesn't start....is that a GM thing?

Is Luck any good? He wasn't before he got hurt, and the Colts were better when he was hurt.

I didn't realize that the Jets won 10 games last year.

AFC West is gonna be a bloodbath this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is this supposed to mean???
I think the Bears have better players. Or at the very least its pretty close.

To be fair, I'm always wrong on the Ravens. When I think they'll be a 10 win team they win 5. I think they are a 7 to 8 win team so...who knows.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears have better players.

To be fair, I'm always wrong on the Ravens. When I think they'll be a 10 win team they win 5. I think they are a 7 to 8 win team so...who knows.

It was really strange you compared the Ravens to the Bears at all.

If you are always wrong on the Ravens, then you must predict them to be bad quite often.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was really strange you compared the Ravens to the Bears at all.

If you are always wrong on the Ravens, then you must predict them to be bad quite often.
I'm actually usually high on the Ravens. One year I picked them to make the Super Bowl and they missed the playoffs and last year I picked them to make the playoffs and they fell apart.

Specifically next year, the Ravens are playing a lot of people who are close to retirement. Steve Smith, Suggs, Wallace. Not ridiculously impressed with some of their draft picks lately who I thought would be pretty good coming out of college like Elam and Brown. A few players coming off injury like most other teams.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat's at 3 is a pipe dream after the one preseason game.
I'm not as happy with Jimmy G as I thought I would be. Liked Brissett a little more.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difficult year to predict... But here's my stab:

1) Arizona
2) Carolina
3) Seattle
4) Pittsburgh
5) Green Bay
6) New England
7) Kansas City
8) Minnesota
9) Denver
10) Cincinnati

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think people continue to overrate the Steelers. That offense has a lot of talent, but the defense is suspect, they're missing Bryant for the season and Bell for a few games, and I don't trust Roethlisberger to stay healthy.
No arguments here... But the same things can be said about Green Bay, yet nobody has said anything about them being overrated. Only difference between the 2 teams is that Rodgers is a little more trustworthy to remain healthy. Ben's playing style always puts him in harms way.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions 27th? The people who made these rankings are not paying very close attention to the little things. All they see is Megatron is gone so they must be worse. Going to be a big surprise to them when we finish with a better record then last year. Quinn will need 1 more year though before the roster is stacked and this team scares the living crap out of everyone.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England is starting an untested quarterback to begin the season and their two receivers are out.

How the fuck could you pick them at #4 ?
Belichik, that's why. Dude may be a cheater, but he's a damn good coach. He gets the most out of players that others can't get shit out of.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually usually high on the Ravens. One year I picked them to make the Super Bowl and they missed the playoffs and last year I picked them to make the playoffs and they fell apart.

Specifically next year, the Ravens are playing a lot of people who are close to retirement. Steve Smith, Suggs, Wallace. Not ridiculously impressed with some of their draft picks lately who I thought would be pretty good coming out of college like Elam and Brown. A few players coming off injury like most other teams.

Well...they've missed the playoffs twice since 2008, so those were the two years. Not sure how you are always wrong if you are usually high on them. :noidea:

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid it could very well end up like that in reality which makes me wonder why didn't SF get more aggressive in the draft going after a QB...idk think they really got back into the 1st rd to get a G, did they? Seems like 24 CIN (who probably would've traded back after all the top WR were gone) was a much better spot than 28.

But...be that as it may...the Clemson kid and the MIA kid will probably be the top two QBs next yr and the 49ers will probably be in position to get one of them.

Yeah its looking like that... our QB situation is an utter disaster, and the beginning of our schedule is a murderers row, Its a shame because our O Line looks to vastly improved but our skill positions are laughable minus RB which looks good so far.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat's at 3 is a pipe dream after the one preseason game.
I'm not as happy with Jimmy G as I thought I would be. Liked Brissett a little more.
If the defense and running game deliver and they avoid key injuries, they will be ok. Forget the QB issue, it can be compensated for. O-line will be better this year. Will be interesting to see the final roster.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Carolina
2. Arizona
3. Seattle
4. Pittsburgh
5. Cincinnati
6. Green Bay
7. Minnesota
8. Kansas City
9. Dallas
10. Denver

New England is maybe within the top 15, but lower than the Oakland Raiders.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No arguments here... But the same things can be said about Green Bay, yet nobody has said anything about them being overrated. Only difference between the 2 teams is that Rodgers is a little more trustworthy to remain healthy. Ben's playing style always puts him in harms way.
Packers went 10-6 last year, have the best quarterback in the NFL, are getting back their best receiver from injury, and will have a slimmed down and likely more effective Lacy.

They do have questions on defense, though. I do think 4 is a little high for them. I actually like the Vikings more.