• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Eagles vs Giants

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have half priced tune ups on sale...you looking to get tuned up?

tenor.gif

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News flash for you. Philly doesn't have to win next week. Hell if both Dallas and Philly lose this week Phill still controls their own destiny. Now is they lose week 16 they will need help from both the Rams and Redskins.

Hell if anyone should be concerned about a straight up bet, it's me, as Dallas has a much tougher schedule to finish up the season.

News flash for you and your pointless rant. If Dallas beats the Rams and we lose this week we still control our destiny. We don’t even need Dallas to lose.
So I essentially have to hit a 5 team parlay to win and you’re the one that needs to be concerned. All this could have been avoided if you just said, “My bad I didn’t think of that scenario”... but you can’t.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat the shitty Giants, you have a losing record in the worst division in football. Let's not bullshit and act the Eagles have accomplished something. If the Eagles win the division it's because of the ineptitude of the other teams, not anyone in the division earned it

We beat Brady and the Pats, and your team choked.

Your team is the Melrose Place of football. Booger himself said so, and he spits nothing but truth.

So there's that.

Melrose_Place_S2.jpg

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the whole game so i could be wrong, but Wentz still does not look good. I think something is wrong with this guy mentally or physically. As far as injuries go the Eagles best player is Scott so maybe they lucked out with some injuries there and the Eagles WRs were open more than the Giants WR (I didn't see the long TD to Slayton but I'll assume he was wide open if Eli hit him for a 55 yard TD) in the parts of the game I saw. And Sam Beal may be the worst defensive back in the NFL.
Wentz actually had good mechanics on a lot of his throws late in the game. Looked like he was finally getting out of his head some and just playing ball.

I think, to a degree, he has been trying to think too much lately, and trying to make the perfect play instead of making the plays that are there. There were a lot of really good plays he made last night. And when he was making those throws, it was either with good mechanics in the pocket or on the run.

He still missed a few, but I think that's the cost of doing business with this guy. There will be times when his bad habits pop up and cause him to skip or sail a ball, but I think giving him a chance to get the ball out quick got him into a rhythm in the second half.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the whole game so i could be wrong, but Wentz still does not look good. I think something is wrong with this guy mentally or physically. As far as injuries go the Eagles best player is Scott so maybe they lucked out with some injuries there and the Eagles WRs were open more than the Giants WR (I didn't see the long TD to Slayton but I'll assume he was wide open if Eli hit him for a 55 yard TD) in the parts of the game I saw. And Sam Beal may be the worst defensive back in the NFL.

Yes... he was wide open.
Wentz looked like he was thinking too much in the first half. He was just simply bad and got booed, deservedly.
In the 2nd half he looked like the Wentz of old as he should against a bad D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take both of your words for it as I said I didn't watch too much of the game. He still looked to have trouble recognizing the pass rush around him and had a couple near ints in the 2nd half, but he got the job done and that is always my #1 thing to take into account

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News flash for you and your pointless rant. If Dallas beats the Rams and we lose this week we still control our destiny. We don’t even need Dallas to lose.
So I essentially have to hit a 5 team parlay to win and you’re the one that needs to be concerned. All this could have been avoided if you just said, “My bad I didn’t think of that scenario”... but you can’t.
I knew Dallas the situation but with I'm 100 percent certain if the Eagles lose week they are done.

By the way. IF Dallas beats the Rams and the Eagles lose to the Redskins, the Eagles no longer control their own destiny.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Dallas the situation but with I'm 100 percent certain if the Eagles lose week they are done.

By the way. IF Dallas beats the Rams and the Eagles lose to the Redskins, the Eagles no longer control their own destiny.

The Eagles do control their destiny if they lose to the Redskins and Dallas beats the Rams. We’d be 6-8 and Dallas would be 7-7. If we beat Dallas and the Giants (controlling our destiny) we would be 8-8 and Dallas would be 8-8. We have the next tie breaker (common opponents) Or does Dallas regain control of common opponents tie breaker cause you beat Miami and Washington??? I know we had the common opponent tie breaker but that was before the Miami and potential Redskin losses.

*You are a 100% certain Dallas beats the Rams and Redskins?

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasn’t. The clock was running out and couldn’t afford the 5 yard penalty on 3rd down. Might as well challenge cause it’s a time out anyway.

It must have been the play clock cause the game clock was still around 8 or 9mins left if I remember correctly

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles do control their destiny if they lose to the Redskins and Dallas beats the Rams. We’d be 6-8 and Dallas would be 7-7. If we beat Dallas and the Giants (controlling our destiny) we would be 8-8 and Dallas would be 8-8. We have the next tie breaker (common opponents) Or does Dallas regain control of common opponents tie breaker cause you beat Miami and Washington??? I know we had the common opponent tie breaker but that was before the Miami and potential Redskin losses.

you don’t know how tie breakers work, dumass. In your scenario, Dallas would be 5-1 in division and Philly would be 4-2

derp

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah... play clock

Ok, that makes sense cause I didn't see the play clock. I saw the game clock and with how crappy the refs have been with bad calls throughout the league I was thinking they needed to keep both challenges as a just in case.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is if Philly loses to the Redskins they'd have two NFCE loses, couple that with Dallas beating the Rams. The Eagles would be a game back with two to play. Now jump to week 16 we'll give the Eagles the win. At this point both teams would be 7-8, however Dallas would be 4-1 in the NFCE while Philly would be 3-2. First tie breaker is the division record so, if Philly loses this week and Dallas wins the Eagles WOULD NOT control their own destiny.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is if Philly loses to the Redskins they'd have two NFCE loses, couple that with Dallas beating the Rams. The Eagles would be a game back with two to play. Now jump to week 16 we'll give the Eagles the win. At this point both teams would be 7-8, however Dallas would be 4-1 in the NFCE while Philly would be 3-2. First tie breaker is the division record so, if Philly loses this week and Dallas wins the Eagles WOULD NOT control their own destiny.

“that’s not what I meant to say”

derp