• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Fins vs Eagles

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins are undefeated other than a loss to the Bills. The Eagles play a very physical style of football like the Bills. It's a tough test for the Fins. However, the Fins are capable of playing physical. If so, the Eagles aren't going to be able to match the speed of the Fins offensive skill players.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be a tight one. Fins missing some key players TA, Achane, possibly Wilson.....hope not! Could really use them all for this road game.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be a tight one. Fins missing some key players TA, Achane, possibly Wilson.....hope not! Could really use them all for this road game.

The Eagles are missing key players too including their starting RT.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets defense beat the Eagles.
This is a difficult game to call (for the unbiased)
I'd give the edge to the Dolphins.......

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets defense beat the Eagles.
This is a difficult game to call (for the unbiased)
I'd give the edge to the Dolphins.......
Fins could win no doubt but I'd feel better if it was in Miami. Either way should be a good game!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins could win no doubt but I'd feel better if it was in Miami. Either way should be a good game!
This is the type of game that the Fins need to stay on top of the division and to have a chance at the #1 overall seed in the AFC. There is adversity in this game but also opportunity. Most feel that it will be a close game. If the Oline can give Tua time and run block well this game will not be close. There is too much talent on the Fins' roster.

On the other side of the ball. The Fins' defense has been playing well for a few weeks now. They are starting to hit their stride in Fangio's defense. They lead the league in QB hits and are #5 in the league in sacks as a team. The Fins run defense will be tested. There is a lot of talent on the Fins on the defensive side of the ball too. We'll see if they are up for the task.

This is unquestionably the game of the week in the NFL.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the type of game that the Fins need to stay on top of the division and to have a chance at the #1 overall seed in the AFC. There is adversity in this game but also opportunity. Most feel that it will be a close game. If the Oline can give Tua time and run block well this game will not be close. There is too much talent on the Fins' roster.

On the other side of the ball. The Fins' defense has been playing well for a few weeks now. They are starting to hit their stride in Fangio's defense. They lead the league in QB hits and are #5 in the league in sacks as a team. The Fins run defense will be tested. There is a lot of talent on the Fins on the defensive side of the ball too. We'll see if they are up for the task.

This is unquestionably the game of the week in the NFL.
Don't underestimate the eagles yes they are banged up too but they have a lot of talent still. I'm worried about stopping the run. If they can do so they should win. If Johnson is out that will hurt them as he's dominant.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't underestimate the eagles yes they are banged up too but they have a lot of talent still. I'm worried about stopping the run. If they can do so they should win. If Johnson is out that will hurt them as he's dominant.

The Eagles played in the SB last year. I am not underestimating them. Their roster is full of talent too.

I agree the Fins stopping the run is one of the keys to the game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles played in the SB last year. I am not underestimating them. Their roster is full of talent too.

I agree the Fins stopping the run is one of the keys to the game.
Yes it's been a little shoddy but hopefully they tighten the run D up or it will be a problem. Also need to protect Tua. Need all hands on deck!

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m kinda worried as we haven’t beaten any good teams yet.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m kinda worried as we haven’t beaten any good teams yet
The Fins have only played one of the top teams so far, however, it's better that this is in the second quarter of the season because the defense has been improving.

Also, the Fins players and coaches can show adjustments from the Bills game.

RB Wilson Jr. is back for this game. That's huge news and very timely.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Terrible Tua apologist will put it on the defense - even the offensive line- anything to defend terrible Tua.

But this was one of those games in which he was pass-happy and never gave the running game a chance.

On a different note, Philadelphia is no slouch. The schedule won’t be as easy going forward. We are about to see the true colors of this team.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Terrible Tua apologist will put it on the defense - even the offensive line- anything to defend terrible Tua.

But this was one of those games in which he was pass-happy and never gave the running game a chance.

On a different note, Philadelphia is no slouch. The schedule won’t be as easy going forward. We are about to see the true colors of this team.
Tua doesn't call the plays, Fins couldn't run so you have to pass.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a valiant effort by the Fins on the road vs a quality opponent.

The NFL can become unwatchable when one team has no penalties and the other team has 10. The Fins made some mistakes but they were calling the game different for both teams. Look at the sack that Jaelen Phillips got for example. It was as obvious of a hold by an olineman that you will see. Yet it wasn't called. I saw another play where a DB face masked a Fins WR with the ball in the air. It was also not called.

( I hate talking about officiating) I actually had to turn the game off after a certain point.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a valiant effort by the Fins on the road vs a quality opponent.

The NFL can become unwatchable when one team has no penalties and the other team has 10. The Fins made some mistakes but they were calling the game different for both teams. Look at the sack that Jaelen Phillips got for example. It was as obvious of a hold by an olineman that you will see. Yet it wasn't called. I saw another play where a DB face masked a Fins WR with the ball in the air. It was also not called.

( I hate talking about officiating) I actually had to turn the game off after a certain point.
I have not watched the game yet. I will watch tonight and try to give an unbiased perspective......

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched the game yet. I will watch tonight and try to give an unbiased perspective......

Congrats to the Pats for a bounce back game. They will win some more games this year just not next Sunday.