• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: MNF: Eagles @ Chiefs

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although it's more of a team thing than an individual thing, that's still pretty amazing. Especially considering how Tua is the exact opposite and Hurts got benched for Tua by Saban. A lot of people were writing Hurts off back then. How times have changed.
Oklahoma passing game prepared him better for the league.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus.
Listening to Rich Eisen this afternoon he said only two other teams have been shutout three times in the 2nd half...ARZ and NYG. That's some bad company.
Yeah...and I honestly don't know WTH is going on with that offense.
Did those 2 other teams also have it happen in b2b2b games?
Maybe their "juggernaut" days are approaching?

Let's ask @Black Adam +/or @Clayton for some input.

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe their juggernaut days are approaching?

Let's ask @Black Adam for some input.
Honestly? These bargain basement receivers have been a huge problem. And Mahomes' own gunslinger mentality obviously can get him in trouble. I said last night that I'd hope that group woulda come around at this point in the season, but it ain't happened yet, and I'm not be all that confident that they will. With the playoffs coming up it's definitely gonna be an issue...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe their juggernaut days are approaching?

Let's ask @Black Adam +/or @Clayton for some input.
One neutral take is that Reid is more confident in his defense than offense. We've seen Reid in the past kinda sit on leads in the 2nd half before. Some collapses have happened in the past. Not something people focus on these days because of how good the Chiefs have been lately but I do think this isnt crazy in Reid's philosophy.

The more obvious thing is that the 'big play' is gone. Led the league last year, with basically similar receivers, at 20+ yard pass plays and 40+ yard pass plays. This year? Mahomes is behind Jordan Love, Baker Mayfield, Sam Howell...16th in 20+ yard pass plays and 17th in 40+ yard pass plays. Defenses are basically saying 'Chiefs, we don't think you can march down this entire field without screwing up so we're playing safe' and they're right. NFL defenses actually were somewhat successful doing this two years ago in Tyreek Hill's last year but they are way more successful this year because while Hill made some mistakes that year our receivers this year are making TONS of mistakes. If you remember Hill's last game on the Chiefs, they blew a 2nd half lead in the playoffs against the Bengals.

A simplistic solution is that the Chiefs need to run the ball against soft fronts and pass the ball in short yardage because they suck at running the ball in short yardage and they suck at catching the ball for big plays. Alternatively, they need to learn to catch the football and run the ball in clutch situations. So the answer is one of those two doors. Either do what the defense gives them (the Patriot way) or just play better in a conventional way (aka catch the ball).

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid is always going to be pass happy. You can't take the BYU out of the man.

That can be frustrating when he has teams where the strengths are elsewhere. With Mahomes, especially, I can't see him getting off the pass too long because he has a Hall of Fame QB to go with his pass happy ways.

He just needs...better receivers. Another thing we Philly fans can tell you about Reid is that he can be somewhat stubborn trying to make mediocre receivers happen. Think Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, James Thrash and Greg Lewis. He thinks he can scheme the passing game without talent.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs...better receivers. Another thing we Philly fans can tell you about Reid is that he can be somewhat stubborn trying to make mediocre receivers happen. Think Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, James Thrash and Greg Lewis. He thinks he can scheme the passing game without talent.
He started off with KC making his RBs his main WRs for the most part. Charles and Ware I think were both leading receivers in years that the Chiefs made the playoffs. Chiefs wanted Maclin so much it got them in trouble. Chiefs spent the money saved on having a QB on a rookie contract on Sammy Watkins back when he was the top WR on the market. Chiefs actually needed defense more at the time imo and still went WR. Tyreek Hill got in potential legal issues right when the draft happened and thats when they took Mecole Hardman. CEH was supposed to be the next Brian Westbrook.

Sometimes your team just draft the wrong guys.

Toney was a desperation move last year because Skyy Moore is ass at returning punts (except in the playoffs I guess). Last year's draft wasnt that good at WR and they all went before the Chiefs. A lot of talk with Chiefs fans I was seeing was thinking about replacing Kelce. I think the Chiefs are hoping to get 2 more years out of him but....80% chance he is gone at the end of the year imo. Honestly, he has the NFL career ending every NFL player would wish for.

Its hard to rebuild an oline, dline, secondary, lb corp, and WR corp. Chiefs did all of it but one of those groups isnt nearly as good as the others. The reality is that there just might be better rosters this year. If the WRs turn things around then the sky is the limit. Just not Skyy. He wont turn it around.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a bigger douche coaching in professional sports?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a bigger douche coaching in professional sports?

That seems like someone who is fully aware that he lost a Super Bowl because of coaching.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like someone who is fully aware that he lost a Super Bowl because of coaching.
and was reminded of that all night long by the fans behind the bench...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and was reminded of that all night long by the fans behind the bench...
On the 10% chance we have a Super Bowl rematch then he just gave the Chiefs locker room material. Outside of that....eh. That dude should be way more worried about the Cowboys and the Niners

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they lost the game on coaching but it wasn’t his coaching. If Desai was the DC for the Super Bowl and not Gannon I think that Eagles group would have had a better shot of winning the Super Bowl. The fact that the Chiefs got 3 TDs on the same ghost motion action down in the red zone with no adjustment was just malpractice. Then it comes out later that he was having contact with the Cardinals that week plotting and planning his future and that really doesn’t hit right knowing that he shit the bed. I think there was one situation in the 2nd half where he punted and I thought he should have gone for it but other than that I didn’t have any Siriani complaints coming out of the Super Bowl.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they lost the game on coaching but it wasn’t his coaching. If Desai was the DC for the Super Bowl and not Gannon I think that Eagles group would have had a better shot of winning the Super Bowl. The fact that the Chiefs got 3 TDs on the same ghost motion action down in the red zone with no adjustment was just malpractice. Then it comes out later that he was having contact with the Cardinals that week plotting and planning his future and that really doesn’t hit right knowing that he shit the bed. I think there was one situation in the 2nd half where he punted and I thought he should have gone for it but other than that I didn’t have any Siriani complaints coming out of the Super Bowl.
IIRC the Eagles special teams coach also botched the punt to Toney.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC the Eagles special teams coach also botched the punt to Toney.
That one was on the punter with a horrible line drive punt too. Just a complete operational shit show.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sirianni has replaced Sean Payton as the most smug, punchable coach in the NFL. He’s earning a lot of bad karma with his silly antics. I guess this is what we get hiring a coach from NY state.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sirianni has replaced Sean Payton as the most smug, punchable coach in the NFL. He’s earning a lot of bad karma with his silly antics. I guess this is what we get hiring a coach from NY state.
Sirianni is an arrogant fuck. If he coached anyone else he would really bother me. I cringe and eye roll though every time I see it. At the same time, he gets through to his players and they play for him. Since his 2-5 start in year one he’s 32-9 including playoffs. If you told me that the Eagles would have the best record in the league since September 2022 but the coach would be an ass clown in public acting like Malibu Most Wanted on camera I’m taking that deal 10 times out of 10.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I would go that far but yeah, he is pretty obnoxious. Dan Campbell says a lot of shit too but it just rings different than Siriani. Nick acts more like a fanboy than a coach at times. His QB some 20 years younger has way more maturity and credibility, imo. It won't matter to their fans if they bring home a SB but shit like this will come back to bite him in the ass if they fail.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, his little bitch boy defensive coordinator that was interviewing for his next job instead of preparing for the Super Bowl. The Eagles got a 3rd round pick out of the cheating scandal, but it's a bad taste.