• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: MNF: Eagles @ Chiefs

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what surprised me when they went to mahomes and bumped his contract. You cant get help at the rest of the positions and just have to hit on your draft picks. Maybe Mahomes asks MVS to leave the two pounds of chain off next game

I mean, I despise Lebron and his picking teams deal, but every receiver who made money already and wants a ring should be beating down the KC door to play with mahomes.
I'm not sure what bump you are referring to, but they have $31M in cap space next year and that includes a $57M cap hit for Mahomes which likely is restructured downward. They have money to spend if they want to

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty fair. The unexpected thing was how KC dominated them at the LOS for a good part of the game. The Eagles "could have" lost probably over half of their games but they didn't. They keep finding ways to win every single week. Come playoff time there will be close games. Not panicking and being used to being in and winning those games could help a lot come January.

Yeah, the optimistic way to look at all these close wins is that the team is more battle tested. But I would prefer some offensive blowouts at this point, every game is a nail biter. The offensive coordinator has been bad. He's not Matt Canada level bad, but he is a first-time coordinator and he seems kind of overmatched at times.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty fair. The unexpected thing was how KC dominated them at the LOS for a good part of the game.
If you watch them weekly you know though. This OL this year is living on reputation. They’ve been very inconsistent. They miss Isaac Seamalu and I never thought I’d say that. RG has been an adventure all year.
The Eagles "could have" lost probably over half of their games but they didn't. They keep finding ways to win every single week. Come playoff time there will be close games. Not panicking and being used to being in and winning those games could help a lot come January.
It’s the big change from last year’s situation. Last year the Eagles were the front runners not being challenged in the 2H of games. When they got to the Super Bowl and they were in a spot to make plays late it was new territory for them. Resiliency is an exceptional trait for a team to possess…as long as they continue to get better and that means executing with greater consistency. I didn’t want to knee jerk but after both games there’s enough evidence to conclude the Eagles are 1-1 on their coordinator changes. I think Desai is doing a better job than Gannon with less on the defensive side of the ball. I think Brian Johnson isn’t even half of the coordinator Shane Steichen was. Eagles offense should be better than what it is. Some of that is the OL living on reputation but a huge piece is Brian Johnson.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the optimistic way to look at all these close wins is that the team is more battle tested. But I would prefer some offensive blowouts at this point, every game is a nail biter. The offensive coordinator has been bad. He's not Matt Canada level bad, but he is a first-time coordinator and he seems kind of overmatched at times.
He’s a first time NFL coordinator. He was an OC at the University of Florida. Really wasn’t great in that role either. It’s too late for this season but they can’t bring him back next year unless he shows major improvement from here on out.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guys have been watering and fertilizing

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That MVS drop last night was a classic. There still would have been some time for the eagles but that would have been a dagger.

Reid should have pounded it even more last night. He should have gone full Marty Ball. He would have won it.
There have been a couple of games this season that the Chiefs have been able to run all day and still the Chiefs push the envelope with the pass and the offense implodes.

I get that the WRs suck this year but they are mostly the exact same group that won the Super Bowl last year. MVS has stunk on the Chiefs except for 5 or 6 games and one of those games got the Chiefs to the Super Bowl. Combined that with the Chiefs turning the ball over a bit more and the pass game just sucks. They're stalling out completely against the Eagles and Dolphins then what happens if they play someone like the Browns?

Rashee Rice needs about 33% more targets to be in line with what Juju had last year. I think Mecole Hardman needs to be mixed in more. MVS has lost the Chiefs a game and Toney has lost the Chiefs a game. Toney has been in the doghouse since week 1 but really hasnt been bad since then in limited action. MVS and Watson are both inconsistent at all times but Watson is the better deep threat.

I do think the game we saw is pretty consistent with who the Eagles and Chiefs have been all year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found myself rooting for Philly.
You should probably pick a team in the AFC West with how often you root against the Chiefs

(Do we have any Chargers fans left?)

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs receivers lead the NFL in drops.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a couple of games this season that the Chiefs have been able to run all day and still the Chiefs push the envelope with the pass and the offense implodes.

I get that the WRs suck this year but they are mostly the exact same group that won the Super Bowl last year. MVS has stunk on the Chiefs except for 5 or 6 games and one of those games got the Chiefs to the Super Bowl. Combined that with the Chiefs turning the ball over a bit more and the pass game just sucks. They're stalling out completely against the Eagles and Dolphins then what happens if they play someone like the Browns?

Rashee Rice needs about 33% more targets to be in line with what Juju had last year. I think Mecole Hardman needs to be mixed in more. MVS has lost the Chiefs a game and Toney has lost the Chiefs a game. Toney has been in the doghouse since week 1 but really hasnt been bad since then in limited action. MVS and Watson are both inconsistent at all times but Watson is the better deep threat.

I do think the game we saw is pretty consistent with who the Eagles and Chiefs have been all year.
I have been really surprised they have not used Hardman more.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been really surprised they have not used Hardman more.
Same, although if I'm being totally honest I think Toney is the Chiefs most talented receiver. Toney was supposed to be WR1 heading into the season. All I know is that the Chiefs can't move forward with MVS and Watson being their big WR threats. They're both too inconsistent. Maybe just Watson and bench MVS for whoever wants to step up.