• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Vikings vs Eagles: Thursday Night Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Hurts trying to stay in-bounds? This looks like he’s just asking to be injured (knees or dirty hit). This is in the first quarter on the first possession so it doesn’t make any sense to me. Why isn’t he just getting out of bounds since he already got the first down? I realize he will be tackled either way I guess, but the way he’s pushing inside seems to be pretty stupid to me.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birds need a ton of work. Thank God they have until Week 6 to figure it out.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has 3 fumbles and a pick in 2 games. Add in the 3 other fumbles in that game and they ain't winning many games if that trend continues. And Minny's D is still pretty bad at times. Wasting the talent of JJ. 2 weeks straight of 150+. On another note, when is the league going to change that stupid touchback rule on a fumble that goes through the end zone? God, that rule is utter stupidity.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have struggled and are fortunate to be 2-0. The good news is, they are 2-0 and do not play again until Monday, Sept. 25 when they face the Bucs on the road in what should be a winnable game. If they can start 3-0 I will take it.

It sure seems like the new offensive coordinator is struggling to find a rhythm calling plays. The one smart thing he or Sirianni did last night is ripping up the play sheet and just running it down Minnesota's throat for a while until the team settled down.

I was impressed with D'Andre Swift running the rock last night. He showed great vision and speed. He looked pretty good in camp but primarily as a receiving back. If he can stay healthy behind our line, he could do some things.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass rush was good And I think they beat Cousins up a little. Run defense was good. Pass defense gave up some plays yes but no Bradberry and a lot of the passing yards were when the score got a little lopsided. Yes it was close on the scoreboard but it didn’t seem as close. Also I think they got a couple turnovers too.

The Eagles were missing their starting CB, S, LB and nickel back by the second half of the game. We knew the middle and back end was going to be a challenge in this one, an it got worse when Avonte Maddox went out, which sadly, happens far too often with that player. They should get roughly half of those guys back for the next game, including Bradberry, and that should really help.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct
they coulda really beat up those fellows. the vikes were lucky.

super bowl or bust

Perhaps you missed my post where I clearly stated they are lucky to be 2-0?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you missed my post where I clearly stated they are lucky to be 2-0?
is a j brown ok?
hope he gets to contribute real soon.

imagine the field day you would have today IF that were Lamb leaving without speaking to anyone.

fuck the win. STATS MATTER

another leader I'm sure

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birds need a ton of work. Thank God they have until Week 6 to figure it out.
I haven't seen too much of the Eagles so far, but Right now both 1st round DTs look really good. When is Reddick back? Getting good pressure even without him

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen too much of the Eagles so far, but Right now both 1st round DTs look really good. When is Reddick back? Getting good pressure even without him
Haha! That’s the thing. Reddick is back and has been playing. Hasn’t made much of an impact. The defense overall has been a little ahead of where I expected them to be especially with the injuries. The offense is a work in progress if I’m being kind. Looks like this OC Brian Johnson has broken the pass offense. They can still run the ball. Great example of the incompetence is watching Swift run last night like a beast and knowing that last week he only got one carry.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am not sure if he is still injured but Reddick has not done much so far this year. Thankfully, we have plenty of other guys to sack quarterbacks. I am more worried about the middle linebackers and safeties at this point.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am not sure if he is still injured but Reddick has not done much so far this year. Thankfully, we have plenty of other guys to sack quarterbacks. I am more worried about the middle linebackers and safeties at this point.
They’ve actually held up pretty well. They don’t need to have All Pros there. Cunningham has looked really good. The safety play the last two weeks has been solid as well. Much better tests coming so time will tell.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Kirk put up the old Lions Matthew Stafford and Jags Blake Bortles statline. Classic.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cunninghman has been a pleasant surprise, but Morrow was shaky, and Nakobe Dean is hurt. Dean has been good against the run and seems to be a smart guy who is good at getting the defense in position. But he is undersized and his pass defense has looked below average.

Hopefully we can get Dean back in a few weeks and he and Cunningham can be a solid duo alongside Reddick.

I also think Reed Blankenship's return will shore up the safety position a lot, but we need to find another safety. Right now it seems like a committee approach and rookie Sydney Brown seems a little too green to play.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick the Eagles in my eliminator poll, webt to bed at 27-7 and checked the score this morning. I thought they were supposed to be best team in the NFL with All Pros galore.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cunninghman has been a pleasant surprise, but Morrow was shaky, and Nakobe Dean is hurt. Dean has been good against the run and seems to be a smart guy who is good at getting the defense in position. But he is undersized and his pass defense has looked below average.

Hopefully we can get Dean back in a few weeks and he and Cunningham can be a solid duo alongside Reddick.

I also think Reed Blankenship's return will shore up the safety position a lot, but we need to find another safety. Right now it seems like a committee approach and rookie Sydney Brown seems a little too green to play.
The Birds have like 8-12 million in unspent cap. It bothers me to see that knowing that Epps and Edwards didn’t get much per year. They maybe should have signed one of those guys. I still think Dean will be alright. He needs reps.

One thing that does bother me though is I loved Alabama safety Brian Branch going into this past draft. He was sitting there at 30 when they take Nolan Smith. I like Smith a bunch but I think safety was the bigger need. Real kick in the dick seeing him making plays last week vs the Chiefs.

And of course…they never addressed the slot corner role. And sure as shit, Avonte Maddox is hurt again as he is every fucking season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick the Eagles in my eliminator poll, webt to bed at 27-7 and checked the score this morning. I thought they were supposed to be best team in the NFL with All Pros galore.
They’ve looked mediocre through 2 games. They’re lucky the early schedule is so forgiving. They play a bunch of dog shit until they get Miami in week 7. Even if they’re still playing mediocre during this stretch I don’t see how they aren’t 5-1 or even 6-0.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ve looked mediocre through 2 games. They’re lucky the early schedule is so forgiving. They play a bunch of dog shit until they get Miami in week 7. Even if they’re still playing mediocre during this stretch I don’t see how they aren’t 5-1 or even 6-0.
I'm just giving them a hard time, but they should certainly improve over the season luke KC.