• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Players Bail 9 People Out Of Jail

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good community service.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie worked the numbers.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea that they could not find 9 people to help that are not in jail in Philly is ridiculous.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They donated $50K and bailed out 9 people. The math says those aren't dangerous felons.

eh, don't necessarily have to be felons ... simple battery and violations of restraining orders are misdemeanors with lower bail amounts and often times the offender goes after the accuser again after getting bailed out.

I'm fairly certain in this case, though, that they probably researched each person pretty well and it's people with small stuff

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just wanted to make sure the Cowboys had a full roster for their game in a few weeks, no big thing.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just wanted to make sure the Cowboys had a full roster for their game in a few weeks, no big thing.

tenor.gif

Nice one!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incarceration is not working

See... this is my problem with NFL players and their politics. I don't care what they believe. I care that they refuse to define it - yet they demand so much be done.

"Why are you kneeling?"

"Racial injustice!"

"Okay, that's pretty sweeping and vague... what would you like to be done. What is the aim of your protest?"

"To put an end to racial injustice!"

"What would be a way that we can quantify that?"

"Just end it!"

"Oh... okay, what if we have the president pardon a list of convicts. You can pick them out and he'll pardon any acceptable candidates."

"Nope. Not good enough. We want him to use his power to put an end to racial injustice!"

"Well, isn't that a start to that?"

"Nope!"

"Okay... What else?"

"Incarceration isn't working!"

And... the wheels on the bus go round-and-round...

Protests only work when they have a focused and specific initiative. "Let's pass a bill!"... "Let's NOT pass this bill!"... "We need funds for this specific thing!"

It's why the women's march was a joke and all we remember is Madonna babbling like a maniac about blowing up the White House. Is it about equal pay? Abortion rights? Sexual harassment? Equal job opportunity?... Oh, all of it? Gotcha. The same thing with Occupy Wall Street. First it was the banks, then it was the entire 1%, then it was about weed legalization... then I think gay rights were thrown in there. Then shit got really weird and it just became a hippie asylum. Dudes who thought they were just going to live in a tent in Central Park for the rest of their lives.

The NFL's social initiative is about everything. Therefore, it's about nothing. I realize there are smaller projects and organizations which have raised money for more specific causes, but generally speaking... It's a lot of hooting and hollering.

Asking for the world - but providing absolutely no answers or steps in how to get to that place. Not even really being specific in stating what law, system... etc... is not only corrupt... but how is it corrupt? "Systemic/Institutional racism!" is a meaningless term when you just throw it out there. What system or institution do you speak of? How is it racist?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Eagles secondary is hurting, but isn't this going a bit too far for replacements?

Howie Roseman: Can one of you cover better than Cre'Von Leblanc?

chaingangap95112101533_1.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking for the world - but providing absolutely no answers or steps in how to get to that place. Not even really being specific in stating what law, system... etc... is not only corrupt... but how is it corrupt? "Systemic/Institutional racism!" is a meaningless term when you just throw it out there. What system or institution do you speak of? How is it racist?

I'm inclined to agree with you in the main, Richig. When Rev King and his folks were protesting, it was very specific and they were not only organized, but they were law-abiding as much as possible. Obviously, they took issue with what they saw as unjust laws, but they didn't just go out breaking shit or trying to deliberately get arrested for the sake of being arrested.

I do think there still is such a thing as institutional racism, but it's not only a difficult thing to define, it's a much harder thing to address when it's not referring to actual laws (like segregated schools or drinking fountains were).

I think it's better to address things on an individual basis rather than a systemic one, but that's just my O.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to agree with you in the main, Richig. When Rev King and his folks were protesting, it was very specific and they were not only organized, but they were law-abiding as much as possible. Obviously, they took issue with what they saw as unjust laws, but they didn't just go out breaking shit or trying to deliberately get arrested for the sake of being arrested.

I do think there still is such a thing as institutional racism, but it's not only a difficult thing to define, it's a much harder thing to address when it's not referring to actual laws (like segregated schools or drinking fountains were).

I think it's better to address things on an individual basis rather than a systemic one, but that's just my O.

The entire strategy with "institutional racism" is the same with "mass incarceration"

Create this broad, undefinable wrong that nobody can fix because nobody knows exactly what it is.
But it's a boogie man that the left can use over & over to get minority's to the polls.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many ways to donate your money and you choose to put it toward felons. There are plenty of people in need. Why do they have to pick the ones that are tied to a crime?

I guess it fits the Philly M.O.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punching a horse in the face or climbing a light pole shouldn't be 20 to life !

Good for them helping the folks that can't afford from their stupid choices in life!

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see how many of these folks they bail out actually show up in court. There's a foundation in NYC doing a similar thing and some of the first people they bailed out didn't show up for their court date and have new warrants. I hope they're picking a choosing more wisely.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this Adam Sandler's prison football team they were getting out of jail?