• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Push Play Under Scrutiny

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I'd think the injury risk rises, and the players want the NFL to fix injuries.
How do you fix injuries in a violent sport? If you want to fix injuries, take the defense off the field so you do not have an opposing force.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking back at the Super Bowl and the Chiefs probably blow out the Eagles without the pushing. They had the play stopped better than I thought a few times but the push in the back of Hurts really is almost impossible to stop.

If the Chiefs dont have their best offensive performance of the year they probably lose the SB.
Hurts moved Jones all by himself.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are now claiming every good sneak was a push? lol

Show me who pushed Hurts into the end zone to tie the game in the 4th. It was all him. The rules aren’t going to change that, sorry.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Show me who pushed Hurts into the end zone to tie the game in the 4th. It was all him. The rules aren’t going to change that, sorry.
Now "people" are claiming "every" sneak was a push?

San Antonio must be brutal

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you fix injuries in a violent sport? If you want to fix injuries, take the defense off the field so you do not have an opposing force.
I'm not saying they can be fixed. I'm saying players complain about safety, then gladly participate in a play were they have over 1000lbs of weight attempting shove the QB though the DL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said every play.

On 3rd and 1 with 0:54 left in the half the Chiefs clearly stopped Hurts behind the line and he gets pushed forward by two Eagles players. Maybe Hurts gets in on his own but its clear as daylight that Gainwell was right behind him keeping the play alive. The push itself is such a major factor that its hard to break down a couple of the other plays without saying 'well he was pushed right from the start' but I suspect without the push that play goes from about 90+% success rate to 70%+ success rate.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they can be fixed. I'm saying players complain about safety, then gladly participate in a play were they have over 1000lbs of weight attempting shove the QB though the DL.
That is a very good point. *thumbs up*

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said every play.

On 3rd and 1 with 0:54 left in the half the Chiefs clearly stopped Hurts behind the line and he gets pushed forward by two Eagles players. Maybe Hurts gets in on his own but its clear as daylight that Gainwell was right behind him keeping the play alive. The push itself is such a major factor that its hard to break down a couple of the other plays without saying 'well he was pushed right from the start' but I suspect without the push that play goes from about 90+% success rate to 70%+ success rate.
If the rule is removed, the formation is different. There’s something else to exploit when the defense puts 6 guys from B gap to B gap.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rule is removed, the formation is different. There’s something else to exploit when the defense puts 6 guys from B gap to B gap.
And we'll see how this plays out. I dont really have issues with plays having a 95% success rate in a mixed environment where anything is possible. If everyone in the stadium knows its coming and it always works then you probably have a rules problem with your game. I suspect whatever the ruling, teams built for the trenches will still be able to win short yardage situations.