• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwightmare the Remix...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was Andre Drummond, I would want the Heat to do this trade. Wouldn't hesitate and be happy. But this has been touched on already, this would be a horrible trade for Miami, and I can't envision a world in which Riley does this. So we lose Deng, Winslow, and Whiteside for Howard. I think we are considerably worse after that. Winslow is the best defender on the Heat and he is 19. If Miami does this trade.. that's our team. Howard, Bosh, Wade, and Dragic. All on the wrong side of 30..except Dragic who is 29. We dont ever overcome the Cavs in their current incarnation and we slowly fade into obscurity. Not Riley's style.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sick and tired of hearing about Cousins.
Cousins is equally as big a jerk AND far less wins on his career resume.

He is a free shooting, ball dominating, stat stuffer with a shitty attitude.
It is alway great to see your freaking big man shoot 42% and take a zillion shots.

His 35 % usage rate literally leads the league.
I am not sure we have ever had a usage leader miss the playoffs in history.

Just keep wildly chucking up 22 shots a game for a horrible team Cousins......
I have never seen a more highly regarded player be such a Jerk and play for bad teams.

He's also taken more 3's through 17 games so far than Dwight has in his entire career. Cousins' offensive capabilities are far superior to Howard's.

TS%
Cousins: 52%
Howard: 58%

That's with the 42% from the field and Howard taking 70% of his shots from within 3 feet of the basket. You tend to have a lower percentage from the field if your offensive skill set is more than just dunks and the occasional running hook shot into the middle of the paint.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perfectly summing up why cousins never even sniffs the playoffs.

i dont want my center taking 3 point shots and jacking up Allen Iverson levels of ball usage.

Cousins is a clubhouse cancer who takes a ton of shots like he is a shooting guard....while playing shit defense his whole career.

Every single team in the entire league has made the playoffs at least one time since Cousins has been in the league but Minnesota.

Cousins is the single most over-rated player in the entire league.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont want my center taking 3 point shots and jacking up Allen Iverson levels of ball usage.

Cousins is a clubhouse cancer who takes a ton of shots like he is a shooting guard....while playing shit defense his whole career.

Every single team in the entire league has made the playoffs at least one time since Cousins has been in the league but Minnesota.

I feel like I want to argue you, but I also know that everything you said is 100% accurate.

Such a shame because Cousins is an all-world talent. He's easily the most talented center in the league, but all basketball fans know that doesn't mean anything when you can't find a way to succeed.

Cousins and Howard have the same exact problems they've had through their careers, except on opposite sides of the spectrum. Howard has been blasted for lack of intensity. Cousins is too intense and a hot head on the court. Both have underachieved (more so on Cousins) when they have all the tools to be great.

If you could have just substituted their brains for like a Duncan or Pierce, their trajectories in the NBA would be on another level.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet his TS% still isn't far behind Howard's. Just letting you know why a 12 and 11 that can't shoot free throws center isn't the best of this generation. That's just Cousins who's better than Howard, not even getting to the other centers around the league.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, you have yet to explain why Howard is the best of this generation, all you've done is attack Cousins because you hate him I'm guessing.

Cousins doesn't play defense? You realize he's got the same defensive ratings to "the best center of this generation" for the past 3 seasons?

Last edited:
Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to judge Cousins. He's with a terrible organization currently in the Kings. I'd like to see him go to an organization with a good reputation like the Spurs, Heat, Mavs, etc...

Not sure how someone could defense Dwight Howard but then go on to attack Cousins. Like I said, I'd give Boogie the benefit of the doubt since he's only been with one team. Dwight's burning his bridge with what now? His third team?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as JN pointed out, I give best center to Marc Gasol currently....but Drummond is just about there.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, you have yet to explain why Howard is the best of this generation, all you've done is attack Cousins because you hate him I'm guessing.

Cousins doesn't play defense? You realize he's got the same defensive ratings to "the best center of this generation" for the past 3 seasons?

The game is changing.

This is the Steph Curry and stretch 4 and 5 era.

So, the reason Cousins is shooting 3's should be obvious.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This generations best center is Marc Gasol.

Maybe he meant in the 2004 draft class when his competition was Rafael Araujo, David Harrison and Emeka Okafor.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather have Cousins' attitude than Howard's.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna argue the fact that Cousins co, needs to reduce his 3pt shooting(I think the % would be better if he shot them less), or needs a better attitude. But I wouldn't call him a cancer or put all the blame on him that they're not in the playoffs when he got drafted to the worst organization in the NBA. This team has had multiple coaching changes, horrid draft selections, and owners trying to move the team since he's been there. I also would say he plays solid to good defense for the most part, is top 15 in defensive real plus minus this year and was 4th last year ahead of Tim Duncan and Kawhi(not saying he's better than them, but I don't think he's "shit" either). The TEAM defense is ass, but his is not. His biggest problem on defense is he sometimes gets frustrated and doesn't run back. And back to the 3pt shooting, his coach wants to run the fast pace which means he's gonna be asked to shoot 3's more because it fits what Karl wants to do more than walking it down and throwing it into the post over and over.
I've said this before when the Cousins conversation came up, would Tim Duncan have 5 titles and all the success playoff wise that he's had on a team that drafts Jimmer over Klay/Kawhi and TRob over Lillard? Or on a team that didn't have a guy like David Robinson there to really help mold him into the HOFer he is? Or playing on a team that could be moving soon after he gets used to the new city he's in? Or that had a revolving door of coaches instead of a HOF coach in Pop? Being put into a good situation does makes a difference for players.
Cousins isn't LeBron James in a weak East where he can take shit teams to the playoffs not long after being drafted, I guess he is overrated.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins can get better*

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight is currently avg 8 shots per game. Last time that happened was his rookie season