• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwayne Bowe trade rumor?

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers Trade Talk: Could Dwayne Bowe Replace Josh Morgan? | Bleacher Report

ESPN's Adam Schefter mentioned Kansas City Chiefs All-Pro WR Dwayne Bowe as a player in one of his "trades that should happen," in a move to Tennessee, last week.

With WR Brandon Lloyd shipped off to St. Louis this morning, the WR ranks of those available becomes more thin.

It's fun to dream, so I ask:

With 49ers WR Josh Morgan on the IR for the rest of the season, is Dwayne Bowe the right fit?

Before considering this, it's worth mentioning that Braylon Edwards is coming back to the team after the bye week, and many have him tabbed as Morgan's replacement.

So with Michael Crabtree, Braylon Edwards and Ted Ginn Jr, is the 49ers WR corps in need for yet another upgrade?

If that upgrade is Dwayne Bowe, then this reporter says yes.

However, that answer is dependent on cost. What will it cost the 49ers in a trade for Bowe?

A first-round pick? A second-round pick? What about a straight trade of Crabtree for Bowe?

If it's a second-round pick or lower, it's an easy decision to pull the trigger.

Bowe is the type of lanky receiver whose precise route running and athleticism carried a Cinderella Chiefs team of 2010 to the playoffs.

While equally talented receivers like Randy Moss become available quite frequently due to their attitudes, Bowe is younger, better (right now) and comes without the baggage.

Players like Bowe are rarely available.

In short, Bowe is the type of franchise player that a club on the road to the playoffs makes a concerted effort to get if they have the opportunity to do so.

Doing so will advance the 49ers both in this season and in the future.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Chiefs move Bowe?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why would the Chiefs move Bowe?

He's a FA after this season & maybe they're in sell mode.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the bleacher report a credible source? Is this anywhere else?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't site any credible sources. This all sounds like speculation, but I will play along.

I would do it for a 2nd rounder if Bowe would sign a long term deal with us that would fit into our budget. I would offer them something lower to begin with, though. I really like Bowe. I'm not sure why he isn't talked about more. He had 15 TD's last year. It's hard to imagine that was a fluke.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for the Brandon Marshall trade rumors to start. Miami shouldn't let the Colts, Chiefs, and Broncos show them up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Would you want Marshall here?

And would you rather have Marshall or Bowe?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bleacher Report is the worst sports website on the web. It's really not close. The next time Bleacher Report writes something worthwhile will be the first. I don't recommend holding your breath.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report is the worst sports website on the web. It's really not close. The next time Bleacher Report writes something worthwhile will be the first. I don't recommend holding your breath.

That's what I thought....but wasn't 100% sure.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i don't know if it's a credible source.....i'd offer the chiefs a second for him if he signed a long term deal

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

got to cosign on this... its no different than forum talk IMO.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maiocco spoke earlier today about the trade involving Lloyd, although he stated although Morgan is essentially out for the year, Edwards is coming back after the bye and Kyle Williams is impressive in camp. You'd figure that with Edwards and Crabby as your 1 and 2 receivers with Ginn, Jr. as your #3, would the niners really invest draft picks for Bowe? He'd be great, but as others have stated, I wouldn't take Bleacher reports as a reputable source.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards is only on a 1 year contract though so if they bring in Bowe they have 2 gifted WR's to choose between signing in the offseason and would be in a position to take the one willing to accept a lower deal if they so choose.

If all they want is a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him then why not? What are the odds you pull someone out of those rounds with the ability of Bowe? If they want multiple picks though then it's a different story. I'd hesitate to make the deal if they wanted like a 3rd and 5th or something.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards is only on a 1 year contract though so if they bring in Bowe they have 2 gifted WR's to choose between signing in the offseason and would be in a position to take the one willing to accept a lower deal if they so choose.

If all they want is a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him then why not? What are the odds you pull someone out of those rounds with the ability of Bowe? If they want multiple picks though then it's a different story. I'd hesitate to make the deal if they wanted like a 3rd and 5th or something.

Well, as I said earlier, he'd be a great addition, no questions there. The thing is, I'm not going to take this speculation seriously considering the source. With Bowe being a UFA, perhaps trading for him wouldn't cost as much, but I have this feeling the Chiefs are going to try to sell him off to the highest bidder if there's any substance to this story.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade a 2nd for Bowe in a heartbeat. We wasted a early first round pick on Crab and he'll never be on Bowe's level so you would figure why not? Right?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

got to cosign on this... its no different than forum talk IMO.

I was acutally gonna say Bleacher Report is like what you would get if my friends and I got drunk, played some Madden and then wrote about it. :)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was acutally gonna say Bleacher Report is like what you would get if my friends and I got drunk, played some Madden and then wrote about it. :)

LOL..... poor old Bleacher.... no one respects it HA.