• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwayne Bowe trade rumor?

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's true that the Chiefs are shopping Bowe (highly doubtful), then the Andrew Luck sweepstakes has started much earlier than I thought. Are we going to see teams jettison their rosters ala MLB style at the trade deadline?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maiocco spoke earlier today about the trade involving Lloyd, although he stated although Morgan is essentially out for the year, Edwards is coming back after the bye and Kyle Williams is impressive in camp. You'd figure that with Edwards and Crabby as your 1 and 2 receivers with Ginn, Jr. as your #3, would the niners really invest draft picks for Bowe? He'd be great, but as others have stated, I wouldn't take Bleacher reports as a reputable source.

First we need to see whether the 49ers are bullshitting about Edwards' return. If they sign someone before the deadline, we'llknow they are.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, why would the Chiefs trade off Bowe in an attempt to get the #1 pick to get Luck? Even if they get Luck or not they have to have someone to throw the ball to and Bowe is pretty darned terrific. A 2nd round pick. Pfffft. That is an obscene insult.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And after this week, our team is likely to be 3-3. They aren't sitting there with an 0 and 5 record or anything super gross. This team still has a shot of being .500 or better. Even with the dreadful start. I don't understand the concept of jettisoning star players at this point.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm waiting for the Brandon Marshall trade rumors to start. Miami shouldn't let the Colts, Chiefs, and Broncos show them up.

I was waiting for Desean Jackson and Calvin Johnson :clock:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Edwards is only on a 1 year contract though so if they bring in Bowe they have 2 gifted WR's to choose between signing in the offseason and would be in a position to take the one willing to accept a lower deal if they so choose.

If all they want is a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him then why not? What are the odds you pull someone out of those rounds with the ability of Bowe? If they want multiple picks though then it's a different story. I'd hesitate to make the deal if they wanted like a 3rd and 5th or something.

+1 for the bold part.

However, I would much rather give a 3rd and a 5th (combo); as apposed to a straight up 2nd round pick.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see them doing any thing other than this. Bowe is a terrific player who has a lot of value. Besides, we are sitting there with a 2-3 record. It is not as if they are 0-5. And the next 4 games are completely winnable.

Well, if i was a Chiefs fan and they were trying to trade our only real threat in the passing game (this year) i would be pissed. Is he refusing to sign long term? That's the only way i would even consider trading him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I... would do a 2nd for Bowe.... on our current pace, it would be a late 2nd, plus this is under the assumption he'll re-sign with us.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I... would do a 2nd for Bowe.... on our current pace, it would be a late 2nd, plus this is under the assumption he'll re-sign with us.

Easily a 2nd. I would want a contract in place before the trade is possible.