• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft slot race comes down to The Wire as the Rangers head to Baltimore: 9/23-26

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want players on roster that can compete with our 2011 Ranger squad theoretically. Can Calhoun do this ? Maybe but maybe not. His numbers will have to be better even if he is better than most of
Our current hitters
At one point Nelson Cruz couldn't do that either. I doubt a lot of our present club could even 2 years from now.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one point Nelson Cruz couldn't do that either. I doubt a lot of our present club could even 2 years from now.
Which is why I think we are still in a slow rebuild. It’s not like our best players were injured and we underachieved. We are a bad club with predominantly bad players. We have a couple of good Relief-pitchers coming back and JUNG and maybe improved it yet unproven SP due to experience. This is why I think we only sign an elite player and maybe one SP

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking ahead we miss Ohtani. Think he is shut down pitching wise for the season.
Pretty winnable series for Rangers at first glance

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching NYY/Red Sox
Joey just K'd again. # 205

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty crazy there's only a week left and there are still 5 teams eligible for the WC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want players on roster that can compete with our 2011 Ranger squad theoretically. Can Calhoun do this ? Maybe but maybe not. His numbers will have to be better even if he is better than most of
Our current hitters

I think if Calhoun plays a full season and/or gets 400 plate appearances he will put up better offense #s than 4 of our main 2011 players. David Murphy, Mitch Moreland, Andrus and Yorvit Torrealba.
Calhoun has improved on defense and can play a decent LF but we do have a DH spot so why not just use him there?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Calhoun plays a full season and/or gets 400 plate appearances he will put up better offense #s than 4 of our main 2011 players. David Murphy, Mitch Moreland, Andrus and Yorvit Torrealba.
Calhoun has improved on defense and can play a decent LF but we do have a DH spot so why not just use him there?
just don’t have the spot for him in all truthfulness

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo just dropped a pop up giving Sox the lead.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of it is determining our window. I would hope he could hit better than Elicis and the PT catcher. Even Murphy sis not get a full season ABs.
Mitch was considered to underachieve thus we let him go. Jusr ask @Nightcrawler

We have premium defensive guys with ceilings. He can easily play next year. Just not thinking he is our future. Not thinking Solak or Lowe is either we need premium young options on the 40 man.

A DH type of guy has to have much higher production than a teams spare offensive guys on a championship team. We have a window appearing maybe in 2 years . Let’s shoot a little higher

Reactions: DTC

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo with the assist!! Another runner thrown out trying to test his arm lol
An aggressive CF would have called him off IMO

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of it is determining our window. I would hope he could hit better than Elicis and the PT catcher. Even Murphy sis not get a full season ABs.

We have premium defensive guys with ceilings. He can easily play next year. Just not thinking he is our future. Not thinking Solak or Lowe is either we need premium young options on the 40 man.

A DH type of guy has to have much higher production than a teams spare offensive guys on a championship team. We have a window appearing maybe in 2 years . Let’s shoot a little higher

They all had over 400 PA that year.
I agree with shooting a little higher but he’s cheap and controllable for 3 more years. If he hits well next year maybe we can trade him. I don’t see any reason to not give him a shot at a healthy season. He can hit with some pop

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all boils down to personal preference for a lot of folks. Once opinions are formed most folks are set in how they feel.

To me, I am not sure how well he will do next year, but I think he has a higher attainable ceiling.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could be taken to show that he has two more years to prove what he can do.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 2024, If I had to guess I would think the OF and DH starters for us would all be guys who aren't on the 26 man roster right now, with the exception of Adolis.

I think we bring in a free agent and then add some combo of Wendzel, Crim, Carter, Huff, and Hauver to make up those positions.

The question is, who is the most likely to force their way into that equation over the next two years? Probably, none of them. If anyone else does it will most likely be Thompson.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all boils down to personal preference for a lot of folks. Once opinions are formed most folks are set in how they feel.

To me, I am not sure how well he will do next year, but I think he has a higher attainable ceiling.

Calhoun was never projected to be an all star if I'm not mistaken. My gut tells me he's here in 2022 and I'm ok with that, but I think his ceiling is decent at best, and I'm not sure that's worth hanging onto.