• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down on the Farm (2019)

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on a tropical vacation
tenor.gif

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw is hitting the ball much better in AAA, but his K's have gone back to concerning levels and his walks have declined. Still, he has 4 homers in 14 games. That'll do.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw is hitting the ball much better in AAA, but his K's have gone back to concerning levels and his walks have declined. Still, he has 4 homers in 14 games. That'll do.
Do you think it will be Shaw or Dickerson up next?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A name I was surprised to see on the AZL Orange roster is Jake Greenwalt. He retired last year after two poor seasons in the AZL. For some reason, he changed his mind and the Giants decided to give him one more chance in the AZL. It will be interesting to see how he does, considering he is 21 years old. He still has time to make a career if he pitches well.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander Canario (my personal 4th-best prospect in the system, not including Bishop) hit three legs of the cycle yesterday in the AZL in his first 3 ABs, a single, double and triple. He had two more chances to complete the cycle, but was unable to.

Tonight, Canario hit a homerun. He's off to a great start.

Marco Luciano got his first professional hit today, a double.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander Canario (my personal 4th-best prospect in the system, not including Bishop) hit three legs of the cycle yesterday in the AZL in his first 3 ABs, a single, double and triple. He had two more chances to complete the cycle, but was unable to.

Tonight, Canario hit a homerun. He's off to a great start.

Marco Luciano got his first professional hit today, a double.

To follow up on this:

Now Luciano has three legs of the cycle, a double, triple and homer!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitcher got nervous. If Luciano keeps hitting like this, he should be ready in about . . . 5 years. :sigh:

Not necessarily. There are recent examples of total studs who have been promoted early....

Ronald Acuna Jr. signed in 2014, played 2 short seasons and 1 full season in minors. 23 games into his 4th, he was promoted forever.

Juan Soto signed in 2015, played 2 short seasons, then 39 games into his 3rd season was promoted forever.

Vlad Jr. signed in 2015, played 1 short season, 2 full seasons, then 13 games into his 4th season was promoted forever.

Those are obviously MASSIVE shoes to follow.... BUT.... Luciano is giving off those vibes in camp.

That being said, he's at least 3+ years off.

Reactions: LHG

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitcher got nervous. If Luciano keeps hitting like this, he should be ready in about . . . 5 years. :sigh:
Don’t rush the kid. Let him grow a bit. I say cuppo by the time he is 28. 29 latest.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. There are recent examples of total studs who have been promoted early....

Ronald Acuna Jr. signed in 2014, played 2 short seasons and 1 full season in minors. 23 games into his 4th, he was promoted forever.

Juan Soto signed in 2015, played 2 short seasons, then 39 games into his 3rd season was promoted forever.

Vlad Jr. signed in 2015, played 1 short season, 2 full seasons, then 13 games into his 4th season was promoted forever.

Those are obviously MASSIVE shoes to follow.... BUT.... Luciano is giving off those vibes in camp.

That being said, he's at least 3+ years off.

Yeah, but none of those guys played for the Giants. If they had, they'd all still be in the minors.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but none of those guys played for the Giants. If they had, they'd all still be in the minors.

Based off the article you posted about Heliot, sounds like Zaidi likes to be aggressive.

And honestly, to be fair, the Giants were pretty aggressive with their kids when they showed they were clearly a step ahead.

Lincecum, Posey, Belt, Bumgarner (he spend TWO years in the minors, as a high schooler), Cain were all aggressively promoted. That's just off the top of my head.

Reactions: LHG
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off the article you posted about Heliot, sounds like Zaidi likes to be aggressive.

And honestly, to be fair, the Giants were pretty aggressive with their kids when they showed they were clearly a step ahead.

Lincecum, Posey, Belt, Bumgarner (he spend TWO years in the minors, as a high schooler), Cain were all aggressively promoted. That's just off the top of my head.

Fair enough, but those were all 10 years ago or more. The Giants have not done a good job in developing players, nor in promoting those that at least seem to have some promise. I agree that it appears that FZ will be more aggressive. One can only hope. One can also hope that the development gets a kick in the pants. Whatever has been happening in that department has not worked.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but those were all 10 years ago or more. The Giants have not done a good job in developing players, nor in promoting those that at least seem to have some promise. I agree that it appears that FZ will be more aggressive. One can only hope. One can also hope that the development gets a kick in the pants. Whatever has been happening in that department has not worked.
Who do you propose the Giants held back too much?

Duffy? He was never a huge prospect. He advance based on his performance, not his pedigree.

Mac? He was injury prone and VERY streaky.

Shaw? Defense and Ks.

Duvall? I said it when he was in Cincy, and I stand behind it today... He was a flash-in-the-pan. He never would ave had that season in SF. Seeing as Cincy dumped him not long after his big season, I suspect they agree it was done with funhouse mirrors.

Villalona? Off field issues are a bitch.

Brown? He advanced faster than he should have, given his rotten attitude.

Arroyo? I think it was shown he was advance too quickly.

Etc, etc, etc...

I think the giants have simply been light on talent. Not restrictive in advancements, as much as we may like to jest about Bochy’s love affair with vets.