• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't Know About This (Bradford)

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod: what he said

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa... chill out, Warden Norton. Lol. My comment wasn't directed at you, but rather at the idea.

My point is this. If you dump Bradford... then what? Dumping Bradford creates more question marks than it erases. We're going to finish 8-8 this year (hell... maybe 7-9 again) which puts us right in the middle of the pack, in the 12-15 range. The chances of a top tier, plug-in kind of guy being available at that point are very low. Good thing for us, there's only a couple truly QB needy teams ahead of us, provided nobody leap-frogs us. So, in the meantime, we just roll with Hill, or Davis? Or maybe bring in another free agent retread to coach up our rookie? (I hear Kellen Clemens will be available again in 2015.) I understand that no other QB in the league gets injured except for Bradford, but knowing what we know, do we really want to have Hill/Davis as the contingency plan again?

Which brings me to my second point... if you CAN get a guy like Bradford at a discounted rate without disrupting the team's structure (meaning that it's not preventing improvement at a position of need) then you'd be foolish not to. We already know he's talented. He just can't stay healthy. So give him an incentive-laden deal. That way, the only way he can negatively impact the bottom line, is if he's out there performing. I don't know about you, but personally, I'd be okay with him breaking the bank again as long as he's killin' defenses while doing it. If he gets injured again, pay him his peanuts as a glorified QB coach, or cut him. Speaking of glorified QB coaching... Bradford would obviously be beneficial to anybody we do (and should) bring in to compete with him.

So, you keep Bradford, draft a QB as high as even the first round (if a good one presents itself), decide which of the "Backup Bros." (Hill/Davis) you want to hang on to and let 'em all duke it out in training camp. Let's say the rookie does beat Bradford out of the starting gig (we already know Hill or Davis wont). Well then, that's a bonus for us as well, as it opens up even more options. At that point, we've got a more than viable backup in place (or, if you're in the camp that rates Hill or Davis higher, a viable 3rd stringer). Or, if you don't like the idea of Bradford in blue and gold, with a much more manageable contract, he'll make great trade bait. Use him to snag another position of need from a QB starved team. Either way, he's still valuable to the Rams. We're in a unique position to be able to have our cake and eat it too and yes... it would be stupid to pass it up.

Obtuse as it may be... there's simply far more reason to merit keeping the guy, than dumping him.

Well said completely agree. I don't see them using a mid 1st rd pick on a QB though. There's going to be to much value there.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it over and over already.. I think the Rams will be best served using the first 2 picks they have on a OT and an interior lineman and THEN grab the QB in the 3rd. I may not get the exact players right but something like this. Brandon Scherff OT from Iowa in the 1st, Hroniss Grassu C/OG from Oregon in the 2nd and Bryce Petty QB from Baylor in the 3rd.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said it over and over already.. I think the Rams will be best served using the first 2 picks they have on a OT and an interior lineman and THEN grab the QB in the 3rd. I may not get the exact players right but something like this. Brandon Scherff OT from Iowa in the 1st, Hroniss Grassu C/OG from Oregon in the 2nd and Bryce Petty QB from Baylor in the 3rd.

yeah i think Scherff would be a good pick. he's nasty and a good run blocker. he could play Guard too. I think he will be the first tackle off the board though so probably a long shot. Collins from LSU would work too. I think they should make Barksdale an offer he's a pretty good RT. With Scherff or Collins next to him that would be pretty nasty. Grassu or Dismukes in the 2nd and our line would be set!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of QB-starved team. Case Keenum is gone back to Texas as of today because Fitzpatrick broke is leg. Texas signed him off our practice squad. So now we have just the back-up bros as Caynine calls them Hill and Davis.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back up bros dude

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Keenum may start this week.

How funny would it be to see him play well while the Rams continue to roll with Shaun "over the" Hill?

If he does start, I would not be surprised to see similar numbers from he and Hill this week.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True story

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Keenum goes on to play well in Houston for the next two weeks, that would be all the more reason to question the retention of not only Brian Schottenheimer, but of Fisher as well. If they tried there hand with Davis and Hill while all the time Keenum would have done better, you MUST question the football IQ personnel wise of these two...just saying

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Keenum goes on to play well in Houston for the next two weeks, that would be all the more reason to question the retention of not only Brian Schottenheimer, but of Fisher as well. If they tried there hand with Davis and Hill while all the time Keenum would have done better, you MUST question the football IQ personnel wise of these two...just saying

Keenum might play well, but these two games won't prove anything. They already let him play 8 games, he didn't play that well and he was 0-8 as a starter. If they really wanted to see what they have in him they should have kept him and let him play all year. he had two #1WR's, a good running game and TE, and he didn't do much, we picked him up because that was pretty much what was available out there

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I can think of why Keenum didn't get a shot here is that Shotty system is supposedly very complicated and tough to learn the language lingo. Another reason you better have a lot of patients if they do cut Sam and go with a rookie. Look at how money Manziel looked this week in week 15! Not week 1 he's had a lot of practice.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I can think of why Keenum didn't get a shot here is that Shotty system is supposedly very complicated and tough to learn the language lingo. Another reason you better have a lot of patients if they do cut Sam and go with a rookie. Look at how money Manziel looked this week in week 15! Not week 1 he's had a lot of practice.

He didn't get a shot because he was signed as the #3 QB, he was only signed in "Case" something happened to Hill and or Davis, kind of like Davis would have never gotten a shot if Bradgord and Hill hadn't gotten hurt

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really supposed to feel like Keenum getting signed away is a big loss? Come on now guys, he was the emergency QB.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really supposed to feel like Keenum getting signed away is a big loss? Come on now guys, he was the emergency QB.

Well theres nothing else to talk about! :noidea:

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he restructures and we draft a QB no later than the 3rd round, I'm fine with it.