• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils are for Sale

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, it's a statement of fact, that having a 6.6M player locked up for 15 years will make it more difficult to sign Parise. Furthermore, maybe Kovalchuk isn't killing the team with his turnovers, or horrible corsi, or +/- (don't forget we need to ignore the plus from the last game where the Devils scored with him down on the ice in the corner because he definitely didn't deserve that), BUT let's be blunt, the reason we're winning games right now is because of the play of Elias and Rolston. They're both on fire, and they play two ways, and somehow are still outscoring the the single faceted Kovalchuk.

sounds like a lot of IMO on here no?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good statement of OPINION :)

Actually no, because of the "some of" part is another way of saying "arguably", meaning there are others to consider and its not just him by himself thus eliminating the comment from the "fact" or "opinion" columns all together and moving it in the the "discussion" pile. Once you learn the English language a little more, you'll understand.

3eaaa_ORIG-the_more_you_know2.jpg

sounds like a lot of IMO on here no?

No, I didnt hear anything of that...I just heard some facts.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, it's a statement of fact, that having a 6.6M player locked up for 15 years will make it more difficult to sign Parise. Furthermore, maybe Kovalchuk isn't killing the team with his turnovers, or horrible corsi, or +/- (don't forget we need to ignore the plus from the last game where the Devils scored with him down on the ice in the corner because he definitely didn't deserve that), BUT let's be blunt, the reason we're winning games right now is because of the play of Elias and Rolston. They're both on fire, and they play two ways, and somehow are still outscoring the the single faceted Kovalchuk.

smells like IMO to me

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Edit: Another thing about the "boring" hockey. Did you know the 2000 Cup Finals were the highest rated finals on ABC? I was honestly surprised when I read that.[/QUOTE]

i wasnt surprised when i read this seeing how the devils had the 2nd best offense in the nhl that year...dont worry tbro you might get the best of me one day

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: Another thing about the "boring" hockey. Did you know the 2000 Cup Finals were the highest rated finals on ABC? I was honestly surprised when I read that.

i wasnt surprised when i read this seeing how the devils had the 2nd best offense in the nhl that year...dont worry tbro you might get the best of me one day[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that statement discredit your pre lockout boring clutch and grab trap hockey arguments of years past.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: Another thing about the "boring" hockey. Did you know the 2000 Cup Finals were the highest rated finals on ABC? I was honestly surprised when I read that.

i wasnt surprised when i read this seeing how the devils had the 2nd best offense in the nhl that year...dont worry tbro you might get the best of me one day[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I already did, and that wasnt me trying to, and even if I was I would have considering the analyst ALWAYS mention that every Devils team has won because of the "clutch and grab", "boring", "trap" hockey. So moving on from that, hes an actual question for you, just what do you define a new fan anyway?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest based on data attendance has just as much if not more to do with location as it does success and star power.look at teams like buffalo Toronto and even Montreal and Edmonton during off years.You have to look at things like the fact that teams like philly and the rags had established fan bases in jersey before we joined the league.As far as success goes a star olayer means nothing if your not firing as a team.As far as what MC is saying its like a company upgrading and buying an expensive machine if that machine does not produce at the rate it was supposed to it cuts into profits and eventually leads to tough payroll decisions and potential sale of that company.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly do think that if just 1 of the area teams moves away, the other 2 (3 if you want to count Philly) would all see a spike in attendance.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i wasnt surprised when i read this seeing how the devils had the 2nd best offense in the nhl that year...dont worry tbro you might get the best of me one day

Wouldn't that statement discredit your pre lockout boring clutch and grab trap hockey arguments of years past.[/QUOTE]

you really think the devils team in 99-00 00-01 clutched and grabbed? the two most talented devils teams in history? ok just checking

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I honestly do think that if just 1 of the area teams moves away, the other 2 (3 if you want to count Philly) would all see a spike in attendance.

thats not a fact you shouldnt try to make it seem like one

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that statement discredit your pre lockout boring clutch and grab trap hockey arguments of years past.

you really think the devils team in 99-00 00-01 clutched and grabbed? the two most talented devils teams in history? ok just checking[/QUOTE]

I dont think they clutched or grabbed they did trap but the key word was your

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats not a fact you shouldnt try to make it seem like one

I never said it was a fact, thats why I said "think". Is English your first language?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Never once said fact in my post yet somehow u got that cooky idea

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listen no one was coming when we were winning either.....thats what and forgive me for being rude but thats what BORING hockey gets you.

I will admit, its some of the best figure skating in the NHL

Never once said fact in my post yet somehow u got that cooky idea

OK, do you see the words I have bolded? Those are opinionated words. They're words that keeps a statement from being a fact and open a statement to discussion. You statement does not have any opinionated words in them, making them "Fact", but they're really not. They're opinions trying to be played off as fact. You never said "it was some of the most boring hockey" or "I think its boring hockey" or even "most say is boring hockey", as a matter of fact you emphasized the word "boring" itself to emphasize your "Fact", even though it really wasnt.

So that "cooky idea" I got, its a knowledge of the English language.

Anyway, feel free to continue ignoring the question asked.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
im not ignoring anything....i just like how you and your buddy (dont remember who) take what i write and twist it around i find it very funny :) never once i did i say anything about my statements being fact. all i did was just write down a simple post and you turn it into this argument :) love it!!!!!

i just want to know one thing in my statement do you honestly believe i was just writing a simple post or trying to make factual statements?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talking in circles and saying the other person your speaking to said it is not supporting your arguement.everyone is entitled an opinion if you do not agree fine but if your playing games i will not be taking you seriously

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not ignoring anything....i just like how you and your buddy (dont remember who) take what i write and twist it around i find it very funny :) never once i did i say anything about my statements being fact. all i did was just write down a simple post and you turn it into this argument :) love it!!!!!

i just want to know one thing in my statement do you honestly believe i was just writing a simple post or trying to make factual statements?

I dont edit (twist) any thing you post, its really not my fault you dont understand English. And if you're not ignoring it...I guess you just "overlooked" it

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol im talking about ur buddy right above ^^^^ he edits my posts... but you do twist what i say.....because i made a simple post and you twist it to make it seem factual when it wasnt :)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol im talking about ur buddy right above ^^^^ he edits my posts... but you do twist what i say.....because i made a simple post and you twist it to make it seem factual when it wasnt :)

different board same one trick pony .my point was based on your past conversations if you want to change directions change what people are saying or talk in circles to avoid taking responsibility I will not take you seriously.