• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derek Fisher realized he is a garbage coach.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was going to win with that Knicks team. There's a reason they just replaced the majority of the squad. From Calderon/Afflalo/Melo/Porzingis/RLopez to Rose/Lee/Melo/Porzingis/Noah, with depth improvements as well.

Larry Brown went 23-59 with the 2006 Knicks, does that make him a terrible coach? That team had Francis, Marbury, Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, QRich, a very young Ariza, Barnes, David Lee, Channing Frye, Eddy Curry, etc.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rose and Noah play 60 games combined it'll be a miracle. I say TANK AGAIN! Let Rambis coach the team, have Tonya Harding's latest boyfriend take out Carmelo's knee! Win 10 games, get the number 1 pick to go with K.P.

Dude, I'd rather have 50 games of Rose over 82 games of Calderon.

Jose can be a plus coming off the bench. As the starter? :poke:

Michael Richardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really liked Derek Fisher, as a coach. He's talking about playing again. But he's 41 and that's old to NBA standards.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really liked Derek Fisher, as a coach. He's talking about playing again. But he's 41 and that's old to NBA standards.
Welcome, Captain Obvious. Is there something we can help you with? Cheap jerseys maybe?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's thinking about coming out of retirement as a player.

Sources: Ex-NYK coach Fisher eyes playing again
He really blew it by popping Barne's ex - Here on ESPN, they are saying he wrecked his image and most likely will not be considered for even an assistant coaching job. Won't get much time, but good for player coach when a team is down to 9 players in practice perhaps. I would rather see the Lakers give the time to Russell and the other guards so they can learn their roles faster

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you just tried to compare Fisher's coaching ability to Pop's. Here's what I mean...

Fisher's 1st year: 17-65, his 2nd year...23-31
Pop's 1st year: 17-47, his 2nd year...56-26 & NBA champs

He actually lost in the conference semi-finals his 2nd year. The 3rd year he won the title. Fisher's a corch.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'd rather have 50 games of Rose over 82 games of Calderon.

Jose can be a plus coming off the bench. As the starter? :poke:

Calderone was actually in the Rose trade I believe so ole cement sneakers is gone.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really blew it by popping Barne's ex - Here on ESPN, they are saying he wrecked his image and most likely will not be considered for even an assistant coaching job. Won't get much time, but good for player coach when a team is down to 9 players in practice perhaps. I would rather see the Lakers give the time to Russell and the other guards so they can learn their roles faster

Yep, Fisher is going to have a hard time finding another coaching gig, not because he is a bad coach, but because he fucked Matt's wife.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calderon was actually in the Rose trade I believe so ole cement sneakers is gone.

...and then moved to the Lakers with 2 2nd round picks for cap savings. He'll back up D'Angelo Russell.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and then moved to the Lakers with 2 2nd round picks for cap savings. He'll back up D'Angelo Russell.

In short spurts off the bench he may be ok. It was painful watching him try to defend. I could beat him off the dribble

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Fisher is going to have a hard time finding another coaching gig, not because he is a bad coach, but because he fucked Matt's wife.

And he was a bad coach. And he took a leave to go fuck Matt's wife claiming he had an important "Family obligation". The guy has zero class.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think that shouldn't matter, I was surprised when they brought it up and skewered him for that, but they had a good point. The coach has to be above reproach - My understanding is he still has Barnes ex-wife

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he was a bad coach. And he took a leave to go fuck Matt's wife claiming he had an important "Family obligation". The guy has zero class.
I hadn't heard that part - but if true - that was pretty bad

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't heard that part - but if true - that was pretty bad

It came out later when Barnes decked him. Fisher was supposed to be visiting his family. It was a pretty big deal in NYC for Knicks fans. We were pretty pissed off.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In short spurts off the bench he may be ok. It was painful watching him try to defend. I could beat him off the dribble

Exactly.

As a bench guy, he is fine.

I'd rather kick the tires on the D Rose Lemon for a Season than have Calderon as my starter.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We knew that years ago with the drama surrounding his sick daughter. Take some of this with a grain of salt because it came from a Celtics site and they hate any Lakers. But, despite the colorful language, the facts show he's a turd.

Back in 2007 Derek Fisher convinced the Jazz that he needed to spend time with his ailing daughter who was suffering from cancer in her left eye. The Jazz obliged Fisher by releasing him out of his contract so he could "concentrate on finding the best care for his daughter." After saying, “life for me outweighs the game of basketball,” Fisher would proceed to sign a three-year deal to return to the Lakers, one of Utah's biggest rivals in the Western Conference. He was the starting guard on a team that would make three straight Finals and win two titles.

Fast forward to this week. Fisher signed with Dallas last year but quickly asked for and received his release on Dec. 22 so he could spend more time with his family, as he explained in a prepared statement. Now with 26 games left before the start of the playoffs, family concerns are no longer an issue for Fisher, who wore No. 6 for the Mavs because, as he said, he joined them on a quest for a sixth title. “This is not a pit stop,” Fisher had told his new Dallas teammates (that's a lie).

So sure enough he will also wear No. 6 for the Thunder. He will make his second OKC debut in as many seasons at home Wednesday against the New Orleans Hornets.

So why did he come back to the Mavs? According to this terrific and brutally-honest piece by Jason Whitlock, Whitlock suggested that Fisher’s sole intention when he signed with the Mavs — or with any team that would sign him — was to make himself eligible to maintain his position as NBPA president. If Fisher remained out of the league, he couldn’t lead the union.

Then he could proceed with the "hanging" of Billy Hunter that he so lusted after. Whitlock's even got some voices in his camp; here's what former NBA player and NBPA vice-president Maurice Evans had to say about it:

“I give (Derek) a round of applause for being able to pull off this stunt and pull the wool over everyone’s eyes. They were able to circumvent (the system) by putting him on a team for a day and a half so he could be reinstated as president,” Evans claimed. “I don’t know who (are) the powers that be to put that in place, but D. Fish was only on the Mavericks this year so they could pull this stunt off, so they could get Billy Hunter out of office.”

Derek Fisher doing something dishonest? No way! You mean like all the constant flopping he did while playing for years? Geez I'd be shocked! You mean like fucking over the Jazz and going to LA? Or screwing the Mavs and joining the Thunder? Fisher is a prima donna, a ring-chaser-extraordinaire. He goes wherever suits him best and uses family issues as his alibi, making him the lowest form of life. If the Flakers had the same record as the Thunder you could bet your sweet ass he'd be back in LA.

Why sign with LA after 2007 after convincing the Jazz to release you? Oh right because he was looking for the best care for his daughter. Then why not go to the Knicks or Nets (both of whom showed interest) which is where you got the actual surgery performed (New York City)? Wouldn't that make sense to get your daughter the best care? No, because the Knicks and Nets were irrelevant back then and not close to winning a title. But that's how D Fish has always rolled. He gives off the image of being some sincere, genuine guy but he's a conniving snake. A gutless bastard. A real piece of shit.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

As a bench guy, he is fine.

I'd rather kick the tires on the D Rose Lemon for a Season than have Calderon as my starter.

You're forgetting that I want them to tank since they actually have their pick this year. Get me a blue chip to go with P.K. Even if Rose does well it doesn't help. They'll probably resign him to a max deal and the next year ole raggedy knees will get hurt again.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew that years ago with the drama surrounding his sick daughter. Take some of this with a grain of salt because it came from a Celtics site and they hate any Lakers. But, despite the colorful language, the facts show he's a turd.

Back in 2007 Derek Fisher convinced the Jazz that he needed to spend time with his ailing daughter who was suffering from cancer in her left eye. The Jazz obliged Fisher by releasing him out of his contract so he could "concentrate on finding the best care for his daughter." After saying, “life for me outweighs the game of basketball,” Fisher would proceed to sign a three-year deal to return to the Lakers, one of Utah's biggest rivals in the Western Conference. He was the starting guard on a team that would make three straight Finals and win two titles.

Fast forward to this week. Fisher signed with Dallas last year but quickly asked for and received his

This was the right call
release on Dec. 22 so he could spend more time with his family, as he explained in a prepared statement. Now with 26 games left before the start of the playoffs, family concerns are no longer an issue for Fisher, who wore No. 6 for the Mavs because, as he said, he joined them on a quest for a sixth title. “This is not a pit stop,” Fisher had told his new Dallas teammates (that's a lie).

So sure enough he will also wear No. 6 for the Thunder. He will make his second OKC debut in as many seasons at home Wednesday against the New Orleans Hornets.

So why did he come back to the Mavs? According to this terrific and brutally-honest piece by Jason Whitlock, Whitlock suggested that Fisher’s sole intention when he signed with the Mavs — or with any team that would sign him — was to make himself eligible to maintain his position as NBPA president. If Fisher remained out of the league, he couldn’t lead the union.

Then he could proceed with the "hanging" of Billy Hunter that he so lusted after. Whitlock's even got some voices in his camp; here's what former NBA player and NBPA vice-president Maurice Evans had to say about it:
“I give (Derek) a round of applause for being able to pull off this stunt and pull the wool over everyone’s eyes. They were able to circumvent (the system) by putting him on a team for a day and a half so he could be reinstated as president,” Evans claimed. “I don’t know who (are) the powers that be to put that in place, but D. Fish was only on the Mavericks this year so they could pull this stunt off, so they could get Billy Hunter out of office.”
Derek Fisher doing something dishonest? No way! You mean like all the constant flopping he did while playing for years? Geez I'd be shocked! You mean like fucking over the Jazz and going to LA? Or screwing the Mavs and joining the Thunder? Fisher is a prima donna, a ring-chaser-extraordinaire. He goes wherever suits him best and uses family issues as his alibi, making him the lowest form of life. If the Flakers had the same record as the Thunder you could bet your sweet ass he'd be back in LA.

Why sign with LA after 2007 after convincing the Jazz to release you? Oh right because he was looking for the best care for his daughter. Then why not go to the Knicks or Nets (both of whom showed interest) which is where you got the actual surgery performed (New York City)? Wouldn't that make sense to get your daughter the best care? No, because the Knicks and Nets were irrelevant back then and not close to winning a title. But that's how D Fish has always rolled. He gives off the image of being some sincere, genuine guy but he's a conniving snake. A gutless bastard. A real piece of shit.

I remember all this stuff when we discussed in on Fannation.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're forgetting that I want them to tank since they actually have their pick this year. Get me a blue chip to go with P.K. Even if Rose does well it doesn't help. They'll probably resign him to a max deal and the next year ole raggedy knees will get hurt again.

Yeah, you might be disappointed then.

I think they are a playoff Team.

Even if Rose is garbage, Brandon Jennings can easily slot in as the starter.

They won't be world beaters. But, 6-8 seed seems reasonable.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you might be disappointed then.

I think they are a playoff Team.

Even if Rose is garbage, Brandon Jennings can easily slot in as the starter.

They won't be world beaters. But, 6-8 seed seems reasonable.

Yeah, in the east 6-8 isn't exactly asking much. Everybody get on board as we rocket into mediocrity!