• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is Coach of the Year?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading away Russell Wilson probably should give him some award. :thumb:

I can get behind Daboll and Campbell winning, too. Lots of great coaching this year, tbh. I feel like in a normal year Andy Reid would be in the mix but not this year.
Guys like Reid Sirianni McCarthy Shanahan Taylor McDermott are the real coaches of the year. The goal is positioning your team to win a Super Bowl and those are the guys who have done that. At the same time, that’s not what this award is traditionally. That’s why you have guys like Dick Jauron and Matt Nagy win awards like this. This is the award the celebrates The Little Engine That Could guy.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the problem is he's been so successful in the past that the bar for him is so high now only and undefeated regular season would give him the trophy now. It's not that he hasn't had a grat season, it's the standard for him is way to high.

Douggy in his first year with the worst team in the NFL last season was good enough to take them to the playoffs and win the division. Yes the division is crap but it's still an impressive season and enough to give him the award. I'm 100% certain on this one.
I was being facetious, that's why a had a firing squad for BB, Patricia and Judge. BB cant sniff a playoff win w/o TB

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Meyer has cemented himself as one of the worst NFL coaches in history. <---

Judging coaches is hard. (1)The Jags just beat the Titans but who has the better coach?

Completely agree.

And it shows the massive difference between a CFB coach and a guy like Pederson that spent 10 years in the league as a back up and has won it all as a coach.

His all around understanding of the NFL is on a completely level than Meyer and his arrogance.

Probably the best thing that could have happened to TL is getting a HC like Pederson.

1- Good question. Both have above .500 coaching record. MV: 48-34 (5th year) / DP: 51-45 (6th year).
This will be Vrabel's first losing season. Pederson's has two losing seasons. But has that all important S.B. win.

I can't hold MV completely accountable for the Titans current losing streak. It's tough enough to win games with a good healthy QB. Tennessee's on their third.

Both are good coaches. I'm biased, I know MV. So because of that gonna say he's the better coach. Wouldn't mind seeing him coaching my team some day.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree.

And it shows the massive difference between a CFB coach and a guy like Pederson that spent 10 years in the league as a back up and has won it all as a coach.

His all around understanding of the NFL is on a completely level than Meyer and his arrogance.

Probably the best thing that could have happened to TL is getting a HC like Pederson.

1- Good question. Both have above .500 coaching record. MV: 48-34 (5th year) / DP: 51-45 (6th year).
This will be Vrabel's first losing season. Pederson's has two losing seasons. But has that all important S.B. win.

I can't hold MV completely accountable for the Titans current losing streak. It's tough enough to win games with a good healthy QB. Tennessee's on their third.

Both are good coaches. I'm biased, I know MV. So because of that gonna say he's the better coach. Wouldn't mind seeing him coaching my team some day.
Tennessee just fired their GM, too, so I suspect that Vrabel is held in high regard and they arent letting him go anytime soon.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daboll da baller

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee just fired their GM, too, so I suspect that Vrabel is held in high regard and they arent letting him go anytime soon.

I forgot about the GM getting canned.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Campbell tonight said, “”hold my beer”

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Meyer has cemented himself as one of the worst NFL coaches in history.

Judging coaches is hard. The Jags just beat the Titans but who has the better coach?
The Jags do, but someone should get Vrabel a real QB. He's a good coach too.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My votes would go to Daboll or Campbell.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have to remember that coach of the year candidates are voted on by the media.

There hasnt been an AP coach of the year to win the award with less than 10 wins since Jimmy Johnson way back in 1990.

So guys like Dabbol, Campbell and Pederson likely arent going to get it.

Likely going to be Sirianni or Shanahan this year.

Kind of like NFL MVP, it more often than not just goes to the guy whose team has the best overall record.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer. I kid I kid. Doug Peterson and Sean McDermott are my top picks.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to go with Peterson...Jags were a completely dumpster last year with Urbs...I mean, several teams made great leaps, and had their own issues - as all losing teams do - but I feel like the Jags were the most desperate of those teams considering where they were under Urban to just a year from then......

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant see Daboll getting it even though he did an excellent job. Other coaches similar to him him did better.
Giants were gonna be maybe little under .500 team before the season started. Mid pack.
Jags & Detroit weren't supposed to do anything (dumpster fires) before the season started. That kinda takes the Giants HC out of the running in my opinion.
Although he should be on the list of consideration.
Then you have the typical vote getters. The teams with awesome records. Which throws the Eagles, Niners, bills, Chiefs, Bengals & Vikes into the conversation.

Dont know when the voting happens. If it is before the playoffs I would predict Siriani, Pederson, or Campbell (with a media push)
If after playoffs, it comes down to who beat who in the playoffs. My prediction whoever makes the Superbowl between the Eagles & Niners. All the AFC coaches were expected to get there.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson and Campbell would be my votes...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will probably come down to Sirianni and Shanahan, I think. I would be fine with either of those but damn, huge props to Daboll, Campbell, Carroll, Pederson for greatly exceeding expectations. HM to Mike Tomlin too. The dude just finds ways to win and never gets any credit.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this guy

FmC-2qfXoAAi0Up