• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derek Carr...............

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, another potential QB Seattle can grab without having to give Geno $30M+.. though I assume Carr will not be much cheaper... either way it somewhat saturates the market.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Carr... Why help out a team that dumped you during the season? I love how he wants to control his own destiny...

usa network GIF by Suits

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too late for the Raiders to change their minds and welcome him back for 2 more years.

...or maybe not. Regardless, this was always the inevitable outcome to any attempted trade. Happy Derek Carr day everyone.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDsniels, the coach you hire when you want to ruin your franchise.

Blame their GM Zeigler too.

They should have known that benching Carr for the 2 final games last season would cost them damn near a 1st round pick in total value (what they should have been able to trade Carr for).

Completely short-sighted for them to play this like they did and basically tell the entire league that he wasnt going to be with the team moving forward.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame their GM Zeigler too.

They should have known that benching Carr for the 2 final games last season would cost them damn near a 1st round pick in total value (what they should have been able to trade Carr for).

Completely short-sighted for them to play this like they did and basically tell the entire league that he wasnt going to be with the team moving forward.
But McDaniels did the benching.

And he has a terrible history with QB’s as a HC.

Tried to trade Culter for Matt Cassell. Ended up trading Cutler and then drafted Tebow.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of Carr's extension was that he took less money to stay but he had control of the situation if the team wanted to move on without him. The Raiders were never going to get any trade compensation. Either they kept Carr or they let him walk.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of Carr's extension was that he took less money to stay but he had control of the situation if the team wanted to move on without him. The Raiders were never going to get any trade compensation. Either they kept Carr or they let him walk.
Yep...raiders are dysfunctional.
Can't get out of their own way

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever gets Carr, certainly the Saints should pay the man a bonus for saving the teams draft capital.
How in the hell can the cap needy Saints sign him?

I can't imagine that a team like the Jets can't offer him more.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Jets they can do better. They're a QB away, but he's not it.
Compared to who they have, he might be the guy. Great defense, solid oline, some playmakers. He also wouldn't cost them a kings ransom like Lamar will. I also think Rodgers is on the down side of his career, so I wouldn't trade for him either. Who else would be better other than Lamar, without all the draft capital needing to leave the coffers?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to who they have, he might be the guy. Great defense, solid oline, some playmakers. He also wouldn't cost them a kings ransom like Lamar will. I also think Rodgers is on the down side of his career, so I wouldn't trade for him either. Who else would be better other than Lamar, without all the draft capital needing to leave the coffers?
Yeah, I think this starts getting a little tricky for the Jets. They should be the first domino and Rodgers should be the first QB but Rodgers is so unpredictable that maybe the Jets go a different direction. Lamar is probably the 2nd best out there but a lot of unknowns there, too. Not sure the Jets want to tie their future to a QB that gets banged up but Lamar probably has the highest upside next year.

After that...isnt Carr the guy? I'd take Carr over Tannehill. Brady isnt coming back. Geno Smith? Eh.