• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CARR FIGHTS BACK

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Derek Carr has said he will not extend the Feb. 15 deadline for the $40.4 million injury guarantee clause in his contract.​

In other words, the Raiders have to trade Carr before Feb. 15. Carr has a no-trade clause, so in other other words, he will not be getting traded, instead forcing his release. “I don’t think that would be best for me,” Carr said matter-of-factly. He is correct. Carr has zero reason to play ball with the Raiders, and though the remaining money on his deal is lucrative, he will make even more as a free agent in this quarterback-starved league. The Raiders threw Carr under the bus on the way out the door. He is reclaiming some dignity now.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Derek Carr has said he will not extend the Feb. 15 deadline for the $40.4 million injury guarantee clause in his contract.​

In other words, the Raiders have to trade Carr before Feb. 15. Carr has a no-trade clause, so in other other words, he will not be getting traded, instead forcing his release. “I don’t think that would be best for me,” Carr said matter-of-factly. He is correct. Carr has zero reason to play ball with the Raiders, and though the remaining money on his deal is lucrative, he will make even more as a free agent in this quarterback-starved league. The Raiders threw Carr under the bus on the way out the door. He is reclaiming some dignity now.
Good

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair is fair.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr took less 2022 money to have this clause in his back pocket. Either the Raiders commit to him for 2023 & 2024 or they let him go as a FA.

...and the Raiders have burnt that bridge. No reason for Carr to extend the clause time or allow the Raiders to gain from a trade.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside...Raiders just hired a great passing game coordinator should Carr have second thoughts.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:clap: