• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos @ Seattle Seahawks

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine about ten years ago took his new wife and her Pomeranian out on the porperty on the lake (Lake washington) and we were all having drinks and an eagle swooped down and grabbed the dog away and my friend looked at me and said "Yah yah" lol while his wife was tosssing on the ground lol.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine about ten years ago took his new wife and her Pomeranian out on the porperty on the lake (Lake washington) and we were all having drinks and an eagle swooped down and grabbed the dog away and my friend looked at me and said "Yah yah" lol while his wife was tosssing on the ground lol.

Even though it's funny, I still feel bad for the dog....

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great game guys. Sucks to lose another to Seattle. Hopefully we play again this season.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great win today and 2-1 going into the BYE.. nice timing IMO as there are many things still need to be right.

Washington's Cousins may be a tougher beat than Washington's RG3, but I expect them to fully be prepare for this game on the road than what we saw in SD.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks can take a few things out of this win. Obviously the winning part is the #1 thing, but this game gave them things to work on and clean up during their bye week.

Defensively, they can work on whatever the hell happened in that last minute of regulation. Manning is a great QB and I give him credit for marching the Broncos down and getting that last TD, but the receivers were left open too many times on that drive and that's gotta be fixed. They also have to keep working on getting off the field on 3rd down. Denver was 6 for 16 on converting third downs, but it looked too easy too many times.

Offensively, there seemed to be some timing issues between Wilson and Harvin on a few passes, especially early in the game. I also noticed that they faked the jet sweep several times, but I don't think they ever actually ran one. Maybe they didn't like how Denver was lining up and decided not to run it, but I would have liked to have seen them try it.

Anyway, it's good that they have stuff to work on during the bye and still got the win. I think we can count on Carroll making sure that the things that need to be fixed will get fixed in time for Washington. They shouldn't have to deal with sweltering heat like they did in San Diego, but they will have to deal with a crappy playing surface. We'll see how it goes two weeks from tomorrow.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note Lynch has gotten me 24 points in FFB TWICE this year!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An enjoyable win turned into maybe the game of the year and easily the 2nd or 3rd best Seahawk game in the Pete Carroll era.

10609647_10204556841106774_6493648593496882769_n.jpg

10696279_10204556840746765_693265002040736311_n.jpg

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a good weekend, Cougs nearly pulls one out against Oregon (anyone hear of a PI? Neither did the refs) and Seattle wins.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a good weekend, Cougs nearly pulls one out against Oregon (anyone hear of a PI? Neither did the refs) and Seattle wins.

Not so much for my Mariners! God dammit it I'm pissed

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Replay should be expanded to review PI calls and non-calls. It's just that important of a play. I know the argument is that it is a judgment call, but it's usually pretty clear on a replay if it should be called or not.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually scored some sweet seats for that game. I get why they didn't call PI there, but looking at it in slow motion it's pretty clear they should have thrown a flag.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great game guys. Sucks to lose another to Seattle. Hopefully we play again this season.

Props for coming up here. Would be easy to complain about the refs or otherwise find something to complain about in a game like this. Hell of a game by the Broncos and if they stay healthy I don't see any team in the AFC coming close to what they are going to do the rest of the way.

Now, could you guys help us out a little and smack the ever loving crap out of the rest of our division? We will for sure try to return the favor... Oh wait, we already kind of fucked that one up. :L

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually scored some sweet seats for that game. I get why they didn't call PI there, but looking at it in slow motion it's pretty clear they should have thrown a flag.

Exactly why it should be reviewable. It can be hard for refs to see it at regular speed, but a replay usually clearly shows whether a defender got there too early or not, or whether the defender grabbed the receiver or not. It works the other way too if the offensive player committed PI, but the call that sometimes gets tricky is whether you call a push off because sometimes it's just a receiver who is trying to get away from a defender who is holding him.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slow motion? I thought he was there way too early at full speed, slow motion just confirmed that I didn't waste that remote control on misplaced anger :L

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't realized it when I made the thread, but the Seahawks and Broncos came into the game having gained the exact same amount of yardage on the season (686). Weird.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still can't believe they didn't call that... They would've called that on us if this game was in Oregon... Too bad, I really feel like the Cougs' would'a scored on that drive...

Then the M's lose the series to the Astros... Going to be tough with the BlueJays and Halos on their schedule to finish up the season...

Hawks winning, SF losing made this weekend a bit better...:suds:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That no-call on the PI by Oregon was atrocious. One of the worst no-calls I've ever seen. Slow motion replay shouldn't have been necessary to call that, but apparently it would have been for that crew. I'm sure they looked at the replay of that play after the game and said, "Man, did we blow that one!". I don't know if every possible instance of PI should be reviewable (they'd be looking at replays too often if that was the case), but I do think that PI calls should be made available to be challenged if a team thinks it would be worth it to challenge a PI call/non-call.

Obviously there would have to be rules for it, but I think it could work. Like any challengeable call, if the challenging team can't get the call reversed, they lose a timeout. If you challenge to try to get PI called on the other team and it turns out that not only was there no PI on the other team, but that PI should have been called on your team, not only do you lose the timeout for failing to get the call/no-call overturned, but your team is assessed the penalty for PI instead. That should be enough incentive to make teams really think about whether they want to challenge for PI or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remembered, I was off on my score prediction by 2 points!!! Seahawks 24 (26), Denver 20 (20).

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I noticed in this game, is that Lynch seemed to be looking to bounce lots of stuff outside to try and get bigger gains. I thought this really hurt us on the safety - if he just puts his head down and runs straight he gets 1-3 yards out of the end zone but he tried to juke past the defender and get more. He faced this situation a bunch, and every time he looked to bounce it outside and the defender (to his credit) almost always made the tackle.