• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Rios gives us a much better chance, we'll see what happens. Problem is, we get 6 or 7 out, it's likely too late. But then you add easier schedules in August, Sept with another hitter, a hot streak...

who knows

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad we traded away some good prospects for a guy who'll play every 5th day. This is the worst offense in baseball, utterly atrocious, and we unloaded the farm for a freaking pitcher. Garza may be good, and who knows, may re-sign, but who cares when you have the worst offense in baseball, including the fucking Marlins.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave up 8 runs in a 4 game series at home, and split. We will be 4 back after tonight. I hope we have a new bat in the line-up tomorrow against CLE. Rios is already up north. Just saying.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball game. Wonderful effort from Dutch other than that, a useless crew of gutless position player losers who do not deserve a game check for yet another crappy effort. One game closer to missing the playoffs and nothing is changing or gonna change before the season ends. That the way baseball be when you have a manager who can't manage a little league team and a FO that refuses to hold players, managers, or coaches accountable for a season of under performance. If Wash's greatest strength is motivation which is the BS I have heard for 3 years then where the hell is effort by players that suggests they are motivated to do anything but play out the season. Murphy is motivated? EA is motivated? JHC who has been motivated on this team? I guess the pitchers is what Wash would claim. Yeah I am Wash the great motivator them pitchers is the ones I motivated this year. Just wait a while longer and I be switching my motivation to some hitter ifin he gets hot. :gaah:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Rios gives us a much better chance, we'll see what happens. Problem is, we get 6 or 7 out, it's likely too late. But then you add easier schedules in August, Sept with another hitter, a hot streak...

who knows

Oakland still won the division being a lot of games out so it's not unlikely. And our wildcard chances are still good

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to a tight pennant race. 2010 and 2011 and most of 2012 pretty much spoiled the fan base.

That is true, we are a little spoiled....there were interviews with Beltre and another player in the clubhouse
(awhile ago, when we playing better) and said everyone had become more spoiled...he wasn't joking, but not trying to say it in a bad way.

There's truth to it.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mitch needs to get it going. Thought the HR the other night was a good sign but he is 0 for 9 since then and is now hitting a nudge below 250.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to a tight pennant race. 2010 and 2011 and most of 2012 pretty much spoiled the fan base.

I have to agree. It is great to have a team still in the fight at this point in the season. 3-4 games out with the talent we have and now the pitching we have there is still a VERY good chance at the playoffs even the division title. I feel the same frustration but may be a bit more immune since I grew up a Mets fan:) The talent IS THERE and if they can loop together a few winning streaks they are still in it. If they keep at the present rate, they will end up closer to Angels and Mariners in a matter of a couple of weeks. Two weeks ago we had the opposite problem. Our pitching was giving up 4-7 runs every time Grimm, Tepesch or a retread from the pen or AAA RR pitched. We don't have that problem now and the offense goes to pot. I do remember the games this year where our offense put up 3-4 runs and still lose the ball game. We are starting to look more like the TB Rays of last year where the offense only put up 1-3 runs or get shut out like we did today. If the turnaround is going to happen, it needs to happen soon. No more just winning 2 series and then dropping the next two either. That won't get us anywhere.

There are also signs that the A's bats are cooling down a bit lately. That could help.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave up 8 runs in a 4 game series at home, and split. We will be 4 back after tonight. I hope we have a new bat in the line-up tomorrow against CLE. Rios is already up north. Just saying.

That's 2 runs a game yet we still lose :L

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch needs to get it going. Thought the HR the other night was a good sign but he is 0 for 9 since then and is now hitting a nudge below 250.

He's hurting us now, because we needed his power, just seemed to never pull together since he's been back

don't get me wrong, love the guy...but it's hurting us, I think we were all excited at the beginning of the season to see him really come around, and now....just dissapointing

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true, we are a little spoiled....there were interviews with Beltre and another player in the clubhouse
(awhile ago, when we playing better) and said everyone had become more spoiled...he wasn't joking, but not trying to say it in a bad way.

There's truth to it.
To a point, Lainey. For me I would be much more relaxed if we had won game 6. Sorta like with the Mavs. They got their ring and we have unfinished business.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with a wild card spot

We are losing ground in the WC standings too. Plus the WC race in the AL has everything to do with how well 3-4 teams are doing on any given day or week. Unlike the division race you have little chance to "control" your gain. Plus the only AL East teams competitive right now we have finished our series with. I think only TB remains. To gain is very hard. You have to count on not only winning but that X,Y and Z team lose too and when you lose hope X, Y and Z team lose as well. Very tough. So when the Rangers lost that series to Detroit then were swept by Balt and TB went on a tear, I think that put us back a couple of weeks from getting "comfortable" towards a WC.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rios will not be enough to help this offense. We have a fundamental mental block coming to the plate with RISP - ESPN Refugee is right, we get the base hits, but we cant put them together on any kind of consistent basis. And when we have RISP, suddenly a lack of discipline takes over and we are wailing away, going for the fences after looking at only one or two pitches. Some of this is coaching, some of this is on the player. But it's prevalent thru the entire team this year. We can only hope that the pitching will continue to keep us in games long enough, and the offense gains some sort of collective confidence that we can indeed manufacture runs without the HR. But one addition like a Rios or a Pence is not going to do it this year...IMO

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Derek...the Yankees didn't "get you"...your team's offense just stank.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At most 4 games out after today with 60+ games left and plenty of games left against the A's, and people are ready to throw the towel in on this season and call it a failure? Come on.