• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested to see just how many different lineups he has used in the past month to see if the offense could get something going, I really would. Kind of naive of you to think Wash is just sitting on his hands.

Wash doesn't know what to do so he's grasping at straws.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great chance that Oak will be up 4 games after tonight and that means Rangers have 1 less game to try and come back. It is rapidly evolving into a situation where Rangers will be against the wall trying to get a WC. Pitching need was fixed but that win from Garza was given away today by the whimpering offensive juggernaut that can't even score a single run. No way to win games without scoring. A public example is needed big time or nothing is gonna change.

Not to mention you can barely split a series against a depleted Yankees team at home :L

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were better options than having young in the lineup every day. When it was obvious young wasn't coming out of his awful season JD at least gave wash a couple of options to use to at least see if they could spark something. He refused to use them. Nothing new this season. Beltre has looked good in limited appearances and yet he rides the bench while Murphy plays.

No there really wasn't any options. Ultimately Josh had 43 hrs and 128 RBI's and MY was at least still respectable and was the 2nd best hitter on the team in September. Oh and let's just ignore his previous 10 years of being one of the best players on the team.

As for this season what do you expect? There's a reason Murphy has been a 4th outfielder yet we were going to make him an everyday starter. Martin has kind of broken out this year and that is good to see. The CF position should be set for years to come. Gentry had a pretty decent 2nd half and everybody anointed him the second coming last season and this season he has come back to earth that he is a spare part. How about Berkman? Texas practically begged him to come out of retirement and pay him a butt load of money and added that 2nd season vesting option otherwise he would have stayed retired and been an assistant at Rice. There were no other additions to the offense other than replacing Nap with AJP which I liked and other than that what did JD and the front office do? What do you expect Wash to do? He's tried so many different lineups but they're all still sucking. Like I said nothing Wash does will ever be good for you and that is fine. It's something I have just expected from all the anti Wash folks.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks that we have to root for him and the Angels tonite but I probably hate Oakland more
I have quit rooting for other teams to bale us out. If we are that bad than fo has to act.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well pitching did their job....again. Another fine effort wasted...and to think we lost 2 games in this series to this lineup....including Brent Lillibridge...my god...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason JD felt he had to trade young.

Young didn't have much of a place and role here anymore. That was the reality and I agreed it was probably time to part ways because Young can still play and has plenty of gas left in him but with the way the franchise was in and the depth in the infield there wasn't any space for him.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 games left and Rangers about to be 1 game out of second wild card and 3.5 behind OAK with games tonight left to increase those deficits. When will anyone be held accountable?

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have quit rooting for other teams to bale us out. If we are that bad than fo has to act.

Its not going to be easy going into Cleve this weekend and the A's being at home against the Angels with no Weaver in the series. We could realistically be 5 out by Mon.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No there really wasn't any options. Ultimately Josh had 43 hrs and 128 RBI's and MY was at least still respectable and was the 2nd best hitter on the team in September. Oh and let's just ignore his previous 10 years of being one of the best players on the team.

As for this season what do you expect? There's a reason Murphy has been a 4th outfielder yet we were going to make him an everyday starter. Martin has kind of broken out this year and that is good to see. The CF position should be set for years to come. Gentry had a pretty decent 2nd half and everybody anointed him the second coming last season and this season he has come back to earth that he is a spare part. How about Berkman? Texas practically begged him to come out of retirement and pay him a butt load of money and added that 2nd season vesting option otherwise he would have stayed retired and been an assistant at Rice. There were no other additions to the offense other than replacing Nap with AJP which I liked and other than that what did JD and the front office do? What do you expect Wash to do? He's tried so many different lineups but they're all still sucking. Like I said nothing Wash does will ever be good for you and that is fine. It's something I have just expected from all the anti Wash folks.

Wash has a talented young OF at his disposal begging for an opportunity yet he rolls GIDP Murphy out there every day. That's unacceptable. It's not just Murphy. There's obviously a problem with the entire team's approach right now. It's not like we have a bunch of AAA ball players. We've got very good players like Ian, Beltre, Cruz, And Martin. It's not like he has no talent to work with. Again, if you're going to call wash a wizard in the clubhouse then you have to hold him accountable when he's not. But you apologists will never see that.

JD is working his ass of to improve the team. Wash is completely clueless what to do when 6 of his hitters in the lineup aren't all stats.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've stopped as well. If we're not good enough we're not good enough. There will be some regrouping needed in the offseason.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when people were excited about the hiring of Magadan?

Time for him to start earning his keep.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 games left and Rangers about to be 1 game out of second wild card and 3.5 behind OAK with games tonight left to increase those deficits. When will anyone be held accountable?

Welcome to a tight pennant race. 2010 and 2011 and most of 2012 pretty much spoiled the fan base.