• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damn Yankee's vs Wash's Rangers , 7/22

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going to get any offense if we don't
Even the Giants, who were LAST in HRs last year, mustered enough station-to-station ball to win it all.

We don’t have Josh and Nap’s 60+ HRs this year, so we have to make up for it by knocking guys in. But we aren’t. Our pitching is better, but our offense sucks.

Maybe this is just frustrating because the Rangers haven’t had trouble scoring runs like this in years.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a point, Lainey. For me I would be much more relaxed if we had won game 6. Sorta like with the Mavs. They got their ring and we have unfinished business.

I'm sure there's an element of that game in most fans. Wasn't that long ago...
Honestly I never thought we'd be contenders for the division this year (offense) and said so on ESPN during the offseason, but they sucked me in the first 2.5 months

Berkman was a pretty big gamble that didn't pay...get us a bat, we've got a decent chance

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this offense will find a spark soon but to their credit (at least today) Kuroda is very tough. I actually was hoping the Yankee's would become sellers and we could pick him up before the Garza trade. Anyway great outing by Holland today. Maybe, they can get the bats going against Cleveland and they always seem like they show up vs the Halos.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly. I just don't play the blame game when it's the players who do the heavy lifting and these guys just aren't that good most days. Not saying Wash is a genius, but you have been bitching about him since the ESPN boards and that includes to WS teams which by the way showed improvement every year till they got there.

Yes, the team improved wash got taken to school in both WS.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going to get any offense if we don't
Even the Giants, who were LAST in HRs last year, mustered enough station-to-station ball to win it all.

We don’t have Josh and Nap’s 60+ HRs this year, so we have to make up for it by knocking guys in. But we aren’t. Our pitching is better, but our offense sucks.

Maybe this is just frustrating because the Rangers haven’t had trouble scoring runs like this in years.

I can't remember seeing such a low scoring team...

:noidea:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's more frustrating the Low scoring Rangers or the Terrible Pitching Rangers from back then?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this offense will find a spark soon but to their credit (at least today) Kuroda is very tough. I actually was hoping the Yankee's would become sellers and we could pick him up before the Garza trade. Anyway great outing by Holland today. Maybe, they can get the bats going against Cleveland and they always seem like they show up vs the Halos.

Hope is not lost, but it's getting close...:doh:
We'll see some good Cleveland pitchers too...ideally with Rios in the lineup

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad we traded away some good prospects for a guy who'll play every 5th day. This is the worst offense in baseball, utterly atrocious, and we unloaded the farm for a freaking pitcher. Garza may be good, and who knows, may re-sign, but who cares when you have the worst offense in baseball, including the fucking Marlins.

They didn't "unload" the farm system to get Garza, they traded Olt and some pitchers, Olt was a name thats highly regarded and I had to problem letting him go, he wasn't going to get you anyone better than Garza anyway due to his known issues of making contact and he's up there in age AND blocked, at some point you cut the cord

There is still plenty on the farm to get a hitter like Rios and still not unload the farm

You're such a drama queen

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At most 4 games out after today with 60+ games left and plenty of games left against the A's, and people are ready to throw the towel in on this season and call it a failure? Come on.

I think it is general frustration. We have not experienced a good string of wins since that late July run. Then you could just hear the air coming out of the balloon since then. What was killing us before was inconsistent pitching from rookies and retreads. The rotation one week later is more healthy and received a big reinforcement with Garza. If you put aside the Ogando game where he struggled a bit and Nathan was out of character, this starting pitching staff has put up just 2ERs and 3 runs overall. That is amazing. We won two of those outings and lost one. In those three games the offense has put up a total of 6 runs. That is pathetic with this talent. And this is against a Yankee team struggling.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really Frustrating. Its the Entire Lineup Period. Wash is moving Guys around. Trying a differnt Lineup Every Game. Trying to match up with the opposing Pitchers. But when there are RISP this Team can't hit to save their life. Doesn't natter who it is. Beltre, Cruz, Moreland. its everybody. If you had at least three to four hitters going well maybe there is a way to compensate. But the Rangers have nothing going for them. Everybody is failing in the Clutch. All you can hope is that they come out of this at some point. Know this Team doesn't have the Firepower of Past Seasons. But I can't believe there this bad.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I honestly think we need 2 bats

Ha, a spark like Rios could get turn things around. The RISP thing is so mental at this point.
We need a little kick, and a good run...confidence, momentum, morale

I'd love two, I'll take one hitter

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is general frustration. We have not experienced a good string of wins since that late July run. Then you could just hear the air coming out of the balloon since then. What was killing us before was inconsistent pitching from rookies and retreads. The rotation one week later is more healthy and received a big reinforcement with Garza. If you put aside the Ogando game where he struggled a bit and Nathan was out of character, this starting pitching staff has put up just 2ERs and 3 runs overall. That is amazing. We won two of those outings and lost one. In those three games the offense has put up a total of 6 runs. That is pathetic with this talent. And this is against a Yankee team struggling.

It's a Yankees team that is depleted

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought I would ask this and I guess I could up but how's Manny doing in AAA?

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember seeing such a low scoring team...

:noidea:

Lainey I was not on the ESPN board over the offseason, but opined on other sites that the Rangers would be rebuilding this year and MAYBE have a shot at a low WC. I came to that conclusion when we signed Berkman. I took that and to an extent signing AJ to a one year deal as JD telling us these are placeholders until he could do better without giving up the farm. I was ok with that, but like you I was sucked in with the early rise, the A's starting to slump and the Angels heading to the cellar faster than last year. Even when Harrison went on the DL I was ok since these new guys Tep and Grimm were doing great! Then late May and June came along, the wheels started to come off, but by late June they were back with the bats and the BP was doing great. We started beating the A's and other contending teams from the AL and NL, things looked good. We hung in there, kept close, still are keeping close but the division and WC are slowly leaking away each week we lose ground. Saw a stat yesterday that in 27 days we gained zip on the A's. They seem to lose when we lose and on some odd day win when we don't. That is baseball.

JD with the Garza trade, Perez doing good, and pitchers getting healthy helped us out this week and will help us immensely for weeks to come. But as our pitchers are now getting it together we fail to support them. There is a reality for teams that cannot pull their pitching and offense in line...non contending teams who do not make the playoffs. I see a lot of the 2012 TB Rays in this current team. Good pitching performances but a crap shoot if the offense gets enough to win. It was hard watching the Rays last year (spent some time in FL)...one night they had it going and then three nights in a row they would lose like we did today and Tuesday.