• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree ready to begin work

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great to hear, but I would rather he took REAL time to heal to 100% before being inserted to games as opposed to being "cleared" by a doctor. Last thing that we need is for him to come back too soon and re-injure an already surgically repaired achilles.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It took Kobe a few months to hit the gym after his achilles injury in April. Unless Crabtree was on the Kobe system rehab, I don't think he should be hitting the weights just yet. Kobe can adjust his game to become more of a jump shooter, but a WR doesn't have as much flexibility. Crabtree needs to spend as much time as possible healing before rehabbing.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It took Kobe a few months to hit the gym after his achilles injury in April. Unless Crabtree was on the Kobe system rehab, I don't think he should be hitting the weights just yet. Kobe can adjust his game to become more of a jump shooter, but a WR doesn't have as much flexibility. Crabtree needs to spend as much time as possible healing before rehabbing.

Are you seriously critiquing Crab's rehab schedule without ever being in the same room as him and his torn achilles?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are you seriously critiquing Crab's rehab schedule without ever being in the same room as him and his torn achilles?

Yes I am. Forgive me for using a message board to discuss my thoughts.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great to hear, but I would rather he took REAL time to heal to 100% before being inserted to games as opposed to being "cleared" by a doctor. Last thing that we need is for him to come back too soon and re-injure an already surgically repaired achilles.

Well, if their approach to Lattimore is any indication, they probably won't rush Crabtree back. I'm not even sure there is such a thing as coming back 100% from an achilles though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of Crabs' torn achillies, I think the single biggest mistake the Niners could make would be to give him a long-term contract. That's one of the reasons I wanted the Niners to trade him in the offseason. That opinion is even stronger now that he has a torn achilles.

Julian Peterson was never the same his torn Achilles, and he played a position that was less dependent on it IMO. He had a couple of great seasons after the injury, but his career was cut short because of it IMO. Crabs never had amazing speed; his entre game is based on his ability to make clean cuts.

I really wish the Niners would have traded the guy like I wanted 'em to, but I'll be fine as long as they don't ink him to a long-term deal.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Julian Peterson is a good example. He came back, played pretty good but wasn't even close to the player he was before the injury.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My biggest worry about Crabs would be his longevity after the injury. He might play great & look like he's back 100%, but I wonder how much of the tread that injury wore off his tire.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Julian Peterson is a good example. He came back, played pretty good but wasn't even close to the player he was before the injury.

And yet Peterson came back better than ever from an ACL injury. It wasn't that long ago an injury like he suffered was career ending, and now you can come back looking like Superman on cleats. If there is one thing injuries guarantee then it's there are no guarantees.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet Peterson came back better than ever from an ACL injury. It wasn't that long ago an injury like he suffered was career ending, and now you can come back looking like Superman on cleats. If there is one thing injuries guarantee then it's there are no guarantees.

ACL is a lot different than an Achilles.

Honestly I agree with you that it is a lot better for Crabtree than it was for Julian, so he has a better chance of coming back. Plus, every case is unique. I'm rooting for Crabtree to come back but I doubt he will.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

ACL? I thought JP tore his achilles...

He had a couple of great seasons after the injury, and he was a little older than Crabs when he got hurt. So it's a different situation; but I have a feeling an achilles tear hurts a WR more than it hurts a LB.

I can't think of any other big-name WRs who have had achilles tears.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes I am. Forgive me for using a message board to discuss my thoughts.

It's one thing to discuss your thoughts. It's something entirely different to just throw an idea at the wall without having anything to support it (and no, Kobe's rehab schedule does not count).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Found a few others: Todd Pinkston, Antwan Odom, Leon Hall, Lavar Arrington, Bryan Thomas.

Pinkston, Jackson & Arrington never played again. Odom played only a few more games & retired.

Thomas was never the same. Leon Hall? I don't really follow him too closely. How's he doing?

...Terrell Suggs & Demaryius Thomas had partial tears & look like they're recovering nicely.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's one thing to discuss your thoughts. It's something entirely different to just throw an idea at the wall without having anything to support it (and no, Kobe's rehab schedule does not count).

I didn't know there were specific guidelines that I had to adhere by. Next time, I'll run my post by you before posting it on the forums.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't know there were specific guidelines that I had to adhere by. Next time, I'll run my post by you before posting it on the forums.

That might not be a horrible idea. It would be a better idea than just slinging bullshit around the room.

Or, maybe you can fill us all in on your detailed history in dealing with achilles tendon tears in prfessional athlets

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy boys, you gotta start somewhere:

"At this stage in his recovery, Crabtree is at a point in which he can begin to put weight on the foot and do some work on a stationary bike or elliptical machine..."

No heavy lifting involved. A buddy of mine tore his playing softball and was doing similar rehab around the same time and he's over 50. Rehab is far more aggressive now and it's more about limiting range of motion and increasing the elasticity of the ligament.

He'll be wearing a boot that only allows a certian degree of bend for a few months, and the doctors will increase how far he can stretch it out gradually. Sort of like reverse braces on theeth. While softball is a far cry from NFL football and a full return is always in question, this is how they begin the process.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That might not be a horrible idea. It would be a better idea than just slinging bullshit around the room.

Or, maybe you can fill us all in on your detailed history in dealing with achilles tendon tears in prfessional athlets

Well then, I hope you enjoy all the bullshit I'll be slinging around the room. Feel free to block me if you can't handle it.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't worry about this guy. He's just a "Senior Member" trying to throw his weight around. Feel free to post or comment whatever you'd like, even if your opinion was formed over a nights stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't worry about this guy. He's just a "Senior Member" trying to throw his weight around. Feel free to post or comment whatever you'd like, even if your opinion was formed over a nights stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

yep, just another of his classic responses.

btw - there are a LOT of 'senior members' here, people posting over 10 years plus.