• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congratulations On Pitching Back-To-Back Shutouts!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
52-0 a week ago and 24-0 yesterday. Very impressive! Good luck against the Cardinals. I predict that you'll win on Thursday.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah we are going to kick their ass!! :clap:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on now. Why not go for the higher draft pick? Tone that defense down, improve you draft position and prepare for next year.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more important to get momentum going in our direction for next season at this point.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Momentum doesn't carry over to the next season.

I wish it did, but it doesn't.

If it did, there would be no such thing as a Super Bowl hangover.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Momentum doesn't carry over to the next season.

I wish it did, but it doesn't.

If it did, there would be no such thing as a Super Bowl hangover.

:agree: we had Mo in 2010 where did that get us? Oh that's right 2 wins in 2011

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:that was a typicle feel good :lame:comment by you know who!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just crazy talk!

These young players need to know they can compete with and beat the best of them in this league. If we can win out, they will know they are in a system that they can be proud of, that works and is on the right track.

Quality Free Agents will want to come here too.

So it's not just about the mo, it's about finishing what you started! Something this team learned a bit too late in games played. We would start out strong in games and give up the ghost by games end.

Do you guys really want to finish the season the same way we finished too many games this year?

I don't, I want 3 more shut outs damn it!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Vita. I want to see smashmouth, repayment, shut-out football for all the years every other team called us soft and wussies. I want payback starting this week against the Cards!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just try to more more realistic than a lot of you on here. I want and hope the Rams win out, it's very possible but unlikely, I'd love 3 more shut outs, very unlikely!

I don't care if we win 30-28 all 3 games, in fact I think I would prefer it, at least the offense would show me something!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: we had Mo in 2010 where did that get us? Oh that's right 2 wins in 2011
Not everyone thought we had Mo in 2010. Many here can remember I thought Spagnuolo & Devaney should have been fired at the end of the 2010 season. (Actually on the SeeBS boards)

I caught flak from many here demanding the firing of Spags because I knew then that neither of those two had a freaking clue, especially Spags!

We had no mo then. All we had was a lucky season with bum HC and FO an ultra aging team, no stars & rookie QB that the league hadn't figured out yet.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just try to more more realistic than a lot of you on here. I want and hope the Rams win out, it's very possible but unlikely, I'd love 3 more shut outs, very unlikely!

I don't care if we win 30-28 all 3 games, in fact I think I would prefer it, at least the offense would show me something!
Well good for you Smed!

All we can do is talk about what we want or what we would like to see. We have no actual influence on the positioning of this team in reality of cousre.

I just think it's dumb to want our team to lose out just so we may increase our draft position. That's just loser talk!

It was suggested by a rival team poster and was he was completely factious doing so!

:lol:

TBT I'm sure he is worried a bit... One shut out can be dismissed as a fluke but two damn shutouts in a row tells this league our defense is for real and needs to be feared!

I'm sure Scooby remembers what happened to his starting QB last we played. If that type of unfortunate event happens again, his team too is done for the season!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone thought we had Mo in 2010. Many here can remember I thought Spagnuolo & Devaney should have been fired at the end of the 2010 season. (Actually on the SeeBS boards)

I caught flak from many here demanding the firing of Spags because I knew then that neither of those two had a freaking clue, especially Spags!

We had no mo then. All we had was a lucky season with bum HC and FO an ultra aging team, no stars & rookie QB that the league hadn't figured out yet.

Vita, once again I would have to "respectfully" disagree:yahoo: I agree Spags sucked, but we had one guy on offense over the age of 28 and that was Karney a seldom used 29 year old FB, we had like 4 guys on defense over 30, we weren't as young as we are now, but we were still one of the younger teams in the league.

I should have said "most" people, not everyone, thought that we had "MO" we were 1-15 in 2009 for crying out loud, then we were 4-6 through 10 games and finished 7-9 with a few wins against really good teams, "a lot" of people thought that we had arrived, of course fans were excited for the next season, but I have always said it means squat unless you did it the next year, it's the same with this team, they might finish out the year at 9-7, but it means squat if they don't improve next year! And we can hope that they do, but none of us know that they will!

As someone else has pointed out on here, I also don't believe in "mo" carrying over into the next season, it's a nice ending to year, but that's all it is. All coaches in every sport say it, some teams play well the next season, some don't, has nothing to do with we picked up right where we left off.

You're one of the old-timers on here, you know what we had back in the day and what we just expected from the old Rams, they were good year in and year out, I may come across as being negative, but I've seen to much of this so called, promise and potential that until I see them do something in back to back years, that all it is, is promise and potential!

I guess I'm like you as far as Spags, I think Fisher needs to go, he never was that great a coach and he has proven year to year game to game that he isn't. I can blame our OC, but Fisher sticks with him, the only thing Fisher has done that I like, is his occasional fake punt, which he calls, not the OC

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, once again I would have to "respectfully" disagree:yahoo: I agree Spags sucked, but we had one guy on offense over the age of 28 and that was Karney a seldom used 29 year old FB, we had like 4 guys on defense over 30, we weren't as young as we are now, but we were still one of the younger teams in the league.

I should have said "most" people, not everyone, thought that we had "MO" we were 1-15 in 2009 for crying out loud, then we were 4-6 through 10 games and finished 7-9 with a few wins against really good teams, "a lot" of people thought that we had arrived, of course fans were excited for the next season, but I have always said it means squat unless you did it the next year, it's the same with this team, they might finish out the year at 9-7, but it means squat if they don't improve next year! And we can hope that they do, but none of us know that they will!

As someone else has pointed out on here, I also don't believe in "mo" carrying over into the next season, it's a nice ending to year, but that's all it is. All coaches in every sport say it, some teams play well the next season, some don't, has nothing to do with we picked up right where we left off.

You're one of the old-timers on here, you know what we had back in the day and what we just expected from the old Rams, they were good year in and year out, I may come across as being negative, but I've seen to much of this so called, promise and potential that until I see them do something in back to back years, that all it is, is promise and potential!

I guess I'm like you as far as Spags, I think Fisher needs to go, he never was that great a coach and he has proven year to year game to game that he isn't. I can blame our OC, but Fisher sticks with him, the only thing Fisher has done that I like, is his occasional fake punt, which he calls, not the OC
Well you are right about the mo thing and that is why I said 'it's not just about the mo' in my first post on this thread. Hell, it's hard enough to carry mo over from game to the next!

The part I disagreed about was this belief that losing out to gain in draft position was prudent. It made sense for the Colts but they started out their suck for Luck campaign from Week 1.

We gain confidence and these young players continue to grow in the systems we have in place. I don't call that mo, I call that building blocks and opportunity for creating a strong foundation our franchise will grow from.

I understand where a lot people are coming at with Jeff Fisher. I just don't agree.

Jeff obviously came within inches of winning a SB and was challenged by ownership to succeed in Tennessee IMO. He took over our team who had the worst five year record of any team in the history of all four major sports! Jeff has purged all players from the 2011 Rams save Bradford, Laurinaitis, Long & Quinn in just two short years and still may have a near.500 all time record with the Rams by seasons end.

I do think Jeff made a mistake putting all his eggs in one basket with Sam but he was a man with a plan and was committed to it. I also think Shottie has a bad rap here on the SportsHoopla Rams boards. He's not my guys but I think he is serviceable. Brian is actually a respected OC in this league and if we continue to do well and get a some quality QB play next year, Brian could be gone soon enough as someone might take a flyer on him as an HC and you may get your wish.

Hang in there buddy! We both can agree the defense is on track for sure and that was the foundation of the Rams of Old that we both fell in love with. Save the Greatest Show on Turf, the Rams have never really been known for a prolific offense anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would state that in the modern era, the Rams are usually not thought of as offensively prolific but back in the day of Waterfield, Van Brocklin, Hirsch, Roman Gabriel, and John Hadl, we were definitely viewed as a prolific and explosive offense because Sid Gillman was a coach with the Rams several times and his offense remained with the Rams for some time. During those days, the Bears, Giants, and Eagles were known for the D. It wasn't till the 70's where we started to be know for a badass D and a prolific O. Then when the GSOT came along, we were flashing back to our glory days of explosive offenses.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are right about the mo thing and that is why I said 'it's not just about the mo' in my first post on this thread. Hell, it's hard enough to carry mo over from game to the next!

The part I disagreed about was this belief that losing out to gain in draft position was prudent. It made sense for the Colts but they started out their suck for Luck campaign from Week 1.

We gain confidence and these young players continue to grow in the systems we have in place. I don't call that mo, I call that building blocks and opportunity for creating a strong foundation our franchise will grow from.

I understand where a lot people are coming at with Jeff Fisher. I just don't agree.

Jeff obviously came within inches of winning a SB and was challenged by ownership to succeed in Tennessee IMO. He took over our team who had the worst five year record of any team in the history of all four major
sports! Jeff has purged all players from the 2011 Rams save Bradford, Laurinaitis, Long & Quinn in just two short years and still may have a near.500 all time record with the Rams by seasons end.

I do think Jeff made a mistake putting all his eggs in one basket with Sam but he was a man with a plan and was committed to it. I also think Shottie has a bad rap here on the SportsHoopla Rams boards. He's not mguys but I think he is serviceable. Brian is actually a respected OC in this league and if we continue to do well and get a some quality QB play next year, Brian could be gone soon enough as someone might take a flyer on him as an HC and you may get your wish.

Hang in there buddy! We both can agree the defense is on track for sure and that was the foundation of the Rams of Old that we both fell in love with. Save the Greatest Show on Turf, the Rams have never really been known for a prolific offense anyway.

I'm glad that the Rams beat Fishers team in the SuperBowl, but that game should have never even been that close, I also don't agree with the Music City Miracle, I don't think Tenn should have even been in the Super Bowl, but that's just my opinion and they were there, so that doesn't matter.

Fisher did put all his eggs with Bradford, the problem is, I think he still is!

"I think" we had a pretty good offense in the 80's with Everett, Flipper, Ellard, good 0line, Slater, Pankey, Harrah,Newberry, pretty dam good oline, and still not as good as the one we had in the late 60's early 70's, good running backs, Dickerson, Bell, White, Green,

Good teams in the 60', 70's, and 80's, and other than the couple Super Bowl years, :wtf2:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Smed

The fact that Fisher appears to want to keep Bradford as his starting QB is what concerns me most.

It's like the guy has tunnel vision or something.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Smed

The fact that Fisher appears to want to keep Bradford as his starting QB is what concerns me most.

It's like the guy has tunnel vision or something.
It's like he sees the potential outweighing the risk.

And when I say risk, I mean Fisher's very job!!