• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Search

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha... I have Jesus as my savior. I don’t have to worry about my reflection.
Good thing you see your reflection or you may be a vampire.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing history was on our side tonight.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgorsen's BEST finish in the league was tied for second place in 2016, he averaged 5th place over his tenure, and we were supposed to sign him forever as a great coach
Huggins has finished second or tied for second three years in a row, averaged 4th place so far in his tenure, and we are supposed to run him off as a washed up has been........
We are told that a coach HAS to have an extension in order to recruit, yet those same folks tell us how it was a bad cowardice move to extend Huggins??????
With every football loss, some fans had a ready excuse of why it was anyone and everyone's fault EXCEPT Holgorsen
YET with each basketball loss, only one man is to blame
A football win meant Holgorsen was doing a great job, a basketball win means the other team gave it away....
Huggins has WVU basketball operating at a high level, yes, this is a down year with young players, but from his past track record, Huggins will have it back on track next year.
Holgorsen had football underperforming every year, had an abysmal bowl record, and had more blowout losses than I care to remember.
You guys are amazing in your hypocrisy the way you adored Holgorsen and his accomplishments, you should be worshipping Huggins

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgorsen's BEST finish in the league was tied for second place in 2016, he averaged 5th place over his tenure, and we were supposed to sign him forever as a great coach
Huggins has finished second or tied for second three years in a row, averaged 4th place so far in his tenure, and we are supposed to run him off as a washed up has been........
We are told that a coach HAS to have an extension in order to recruit, yet those same folks tell us how it was a bad cowardice move to extend Huggins??????
With every football loss, some fans had a ready excuse of why it was anyone and everyone's fault EXCEPT Holgorsen
A football win meant Holgorsen was doing a great job, a basketball win means the other team gave it away....
Huggins has WVU basketball operating at a high level, yes, this is a down year with young players, but from his past track record, Huggins will have it back on track next year.
Holgorsen had football underperforming every year, had an abysmal bowl record, and had more blowout losses than I care to remember.
You guys are amazing in your hypocrisy the way you adored Holgorsen and his accomplishments, you should be worshipping Huggins

I don't understand this gibberish..as the GREAT RICKY BOBBY said...if you ain't first you're last!.. Huggins is supposed to be a a HOF coach...yet he hasn't won anything except a BE Tourney Title since hes been back at WV!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD... you want to make a bet that Huggs will have it back on track next year?

We have to define being back on track. Back on track for WVU fans means we are competing for conference championships and locked into the top 25 from start to finish.

Anything else is simply making excuses... like your “down year with young players” bullshit.

Every team in the country has to replace personnel. It’s inexcusable for a HOF coach to be looking at last place in the conference.

Dana took responsibility for his team’s performance. He never threw one of his players under the bus. Yet... we have to read... listen to our HC do it after every single loss.

Last night... Bobby had this to say...

"We were 1-5 in league play," Huggins said. "How could you not be ready to play. Now we're 1-6. I don't understand how you could not be ready to play."

Who’s responsible for having his kids ready to play?

Can you imagine the shitstorm that would follow this kind of response from Dana?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this gibberish..as the GREAT RICKY BOBBY said...if you ain't first you're last!.. Huggins is supposed to be a a HOF coach...yet he hasn't won anything except a BE Tourney Title since hes been back at WV!!

I think if I remember correctly he won a NIT title once

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I remember correctly he won a NIT title once

Negative Ghost Rider...That would be JONATHON BEILEIN!!

and speaking of Johnny B...why is it again we didn't keep this guy?...

Dan Dakich was hired at West Virginia (WVU) of the Big East Conference and then quit 8 days later.[69][77] In April 2002, Beilein accepted the head coaching position at WVU.[68] At WVU he posted a 104–60 record over five seasons. In the 2004–05 season, WVU went 24–11 and reached the "Elite Eight" (fourth round) of the NCAA tournament. The following year, WVU went 22–11 and reached the "Sweet Sixteen" (third round). In 2006–07, Beilein's Mountaineers, despite losing about 80% of their scoring from the previous season, went 27–9 and won the NIT championship.

We can thank Fast Eddie P for that debacle!!...BTW Dakich is right there with Rich in my book as the Biggest pieces of shit ever to grace Morgantown...

Last edited:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Speaking of Dana Holgorsen..when was the last time a HC at Wv sent 5 players to the Senior Bowl?:scratch::scratch::scratch:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t worry, history is going to come off the bench and win us a game or two.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still haven’t seen how many CC or NC our HOF HC has produced since he’s been here. Whose fault is it, so far, that we are bottom feeders? In the past, you would say it was the coaches fault for the players not being prepared. If that’s the case, whose fault was it last night? Against TCU? I would consider a 40 point loss in any sport a blowout.

Who was it, among the members of this site, who said that WVU has no excuse for not being among the elite in sports? That we should demand excellence and if that coach doesn’t cut it, it’s on to the next HC. I recall a 3 year or out reference for coaches who are not taking us to the promise land. I remember and a few others who agreed. I’m just holding up the standards set by others. Huggy can stay coaching here until he dies on his stool. I really don’t care because at least I can say ‘I have a future HOF HC coaching my team. Haven’t won shit, but look at history. It’s on our side.’ We’re an Elite school? Riiiigggghtttt!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still haven’t seen how many CC or NC our HOF HC has produced since he’s been here. Whose fault is it, so far, that we are bottom feeders? In the past, you would say it was the coaches fault for the players not being prepared. If that’s the case, whose fault was it last night? Against TCU? I would consider a 40 point loss in any sport a blowout.

Who was it, among the members of this site, who said that WVU has no excuse for not being among the elite in sports? That we should demand excellence and if that coach doesn’t cut it, it’s on to the next HC. I recall a 3 year or out reference for coaches who are not taking us to the promise land. I remember and a few others who agreed. I’m just holding up the standards set by others. Huggy can stay coaching here until he dies on his stool. I really don’t care because at least I can say ‘I have a future HOF HC coaching my team. Haven’t won shit, but look at history. It’s on our side.’ We’re an Elite school? Riiiigggghtttt!
Huggins has had us playing for the conference title each of the last four years, finishing second to Kansas IN BASKETBALL the last three is pretty good......Huggins HAS produced, you can see improvement as the season goes on, you guys raved about Holgorsen, wanted him signed to long term deals, just what did he win? EVERY year we saw zero improvement , we saw NFL talent that you guys love to brag about, but that talent was never used to it's potential. Look at this year, another fade out at the end of the year by a WVU football team. Fact is that Huggin's teams generally outperform expectations, and Holgorsen's underperform expectations. Huggins has done more in his time here than all our other basketball coaches combined.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Speaking of Dana Holgorsen..when was the last time a HC at Wv sent 5 players to the Senior Bowl?:scratch::scratch::scratch:
Isn't it funny that he had that much talent on the field, yet faded down the stretch every year????

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this gibberish
That is because you have your Ollie Luck blinders on so tight that you can't understand that Holgorsen could not compare to Huggins in any way.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day when it comes to CCs and NCs:
Holgy: 0 and 0
Huggy: 0 and 0

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day when it comes to CCs and NCs:
Holgy: 0 and 0
Huggy: 0 and 0
Yet, Holgorsen should have been given whatever contract he wanted, for however long he wanted for finishing in the bottom half of the league and Huggins should be canned for finishing second.......

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, Holgorsen should have been given whatever contract he wanted, for however long he wanted for finishing in the bottom half of the league and Huggins should be canned for finishing second.......
Huggy isn’t living up to the standards that some have imposed. I never said Dana should have a lifetime contract. I’m not as stupid as the picture you always attempt to paint. Obviously you’re satisfied not having, ever, a CC or NC at your Alma. I guess history will come through for you someday. If you’re not first, you’re last.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only at WVU do we make excuses for a FOOTBALL coach who loses to Kansas, and vilify a BASKETBALL coach who beats Kansas.........

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only at WVU do we make excuses for a FOOTBALL coach who loses to Kansas, and vilify a BASKETBALL coach who beats Kansas.........
You hold coaches to different levels depending on if you like them or not. One day you’ll get out of your feelings. Losing by 31 is acceptable to you. Losing period is acceptable to you. Why do you bring up Dana every time Huggy is talked about. Dana is in Houston.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hold coaches to different levels depending on if you like them or not.
UMMMMMMMMMMMMM read that again, apply it to yourself. AGAIN, Huggins has had our basketball team at the top of the league, 2nd to Kansas three years running, been in the final of the CC tourney the last three years, I hardly call that losing.....