• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slaton10's new Coaching Staff..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ol Shane Lyons comes out smellin like a rose.

UNC, Colorado, among other schools send their coach packing and have to pay millions of dollars for their buyout.

Shano and WVU... GETS PAID to send him packing! 1mm to go towards the next coach!

Yea, ol Shane is a REAL bafoon...:nono:

He's the second coming of FAST EDDIE P!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man we are all fans on here who like to give each other grief. Getting rid of Holgs may be the best thing to get the fan base back together.

No balls needs to step up to the plate and make a good hire that the fan base can get behind. It’s a new era now. The Stew v Holgs debate is ancient history now. Holgs haters got their wish and Holgs lovers know that he wanted out of Dodge. Had “See I really have Balls” caved-into his demands, he would still use WVU as a stepping stone to a new job.

See my other posts...I don't care about this group on here...in some crazy form or another we respect each others opinion...especially when it leans to my way of thinking!:lol:

I am talking about the fanbase that still wants to bring Rich Back, or hire Doc Holliday...or even Gibby!!...anyone that has some sorted ties to WV ...

A new coach will for a short while simmer the flames, but IF we have back to back losing seasons or even finish at .500 we will see this happen all over again...IMHO

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can quit calling Lyons "no balls" his dealings with Holgorsen the past month or so showed some sack contents.

Really? How is the basketball team doing again?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Security comes from getting the job done, security in coaching comes from winning, and 7 or 8 wins a year does not deserve a raise, period. Had our star QB not given OU two touchdowns, Holgorsen would have gotten an extension and raise. Remember all the ranting about how easy it is to coach out fumbles?? Holgorsen whould have coached his QB to secure the ball and go down!! A 100 year contract at $100 million a year would not have made even one more win.

I would go back and watch that game again...that second fumble should have never had the opportunity to occur...In case you missed it..we had the ball down on the 2 yard line but was called back due to Excessive BLOCKING!..

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my other posts...I don't care about this group on here...in some crazy form or another we respect each others opinion...especially when it leans to my way of thinking!:lol:

I am talking about the fanbase that still wants to bring Rich Back, or hire Doc Holliday...or even Gibby!!...anyone that has some sorted ties to WV ...

A new coach will for a short while simmer the flames, but IF we have back to back losing seasons or even finish at .500 we will see this happen all over again...IMHO

Ties to WV is just icing on the cake if the coach has everything else goin for him.
Take Doc for instance, I concede that his age could be used against him fair or not but past that, Doc vs Brown?
Doc looks every bit as good if not better on paper plus the WV ties. More than qualified.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not piling on, but hire these guys too:

Bobby Petrino: Balance and Conditioning Coach
Craig James: Entertainment & Hospitality Coordinator

Seriously though, you eeers shouldn't have stinkypants about the job Holg did for y'all. The rest of the Big XII hates going into Morgantown, you crazy football loving bastards.

Totally Slept on Petrino!...I would put him in as our new AD...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought about this, if luck were s tv I'll around, I'm thinking we might be on our second coaching change right now. I think he may well have canned Holgorsen after 2015, or forced him to leave. Holgorsen had not progressed like I figured luck thought he was going to. Luck is pretty impatient, he changes jobs like a regular guy changes underwear, so he would probably have the same idea on coaches. He is a Jerry Jones type, wants to be coach from the CEO chair.

Possible..........but Luck is a pretty methodical guy....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol::nono:

Luck could have given Dana Holgorsen a LIFETIME contract and recruiting wouldn’t have sniffed a top 25 class under Holgs. Guy was a lazy HC and couldnt establish any continuity here, thats one of the many reasons he’s coachin in lesser conference now. UH is a little easier to recruit to and the competition isnt as tough so.. bout where he belongs. He aint a P5 HC, not TOTALLY sure he’s a HC at THAT level either TBH, we’ll see.

???:surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised:??

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may have not liked the trip to morgantown but you came out with a W every time. How long would you give a coach to make it to second in the conference once?
How long would it take for OU to dump a coach who loses to Texas every year? Would you put up with 7 straight losses to Texas?
Are you assuming that WVU is on the same level right now as a OU or Texas? Because if you do, you're letting past bowl games cloud your thinking. Many thought that we would easily rise to the top of the SEC because we beat Georgia or the Big 12 because we beat OU in the Fiesta. The last game with OU was the one which it should have happened , but it didn't . That game wasn't all on the HC. Houston is attempting to position itself to join a P5. I think Dana will help them.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ties to WV is just icing on the cake if the coach has everything else goin for him.
Take Doc for instance, I concede that his age could be used against him fair or not but past that, Doc vs Brown?
Doc looks every bit as good if not better on paper plus the WV ties. More than qualified.

So let me ask it another way...seriously, is there anything about the way Marshall plays that excites you? I see no innovation at all....and his recruiting prowess is long gone with the Florida Connections now that you have Kiffin and Butch Davis and the rise of UCF down there..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Dont get the connection

He was brought into win Championships ....its now 11 YEARS and counting...and only one final 4 to show for it..if we are giving out some kind of prizes for that..he, just like Dana has never won the Big12...but they gave HIM a raise and contract extension for the same MEDIOCRITY!!...and this year is a total disaster..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you assuming that WVU is on the same level right now as a OU or Texas? Because if you do, you're letting past bowl games cloud your thinking. Many thought that we would easily rise to the top of the SEC because we beat Georgia or the Big 12 because we beat OU in the Fiesta. The last game with OU was the one which it should have happened , but it didn't . That game wasn't all on the HC. Houston is attempting to position itself to join a P5. I think Dana will help them.
:10::agree::10::agree::10::agree::10::agree:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you assuming that WVU is on the same level right now as a OU or Texas?
The results on the field, where it matters say we are on par with Texas, and light years below OU.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw what the last guy with WV ties did. Obviously ties don't matter. I used to think that but it seems it is a major concern in the State.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The results on the field, where it matters say we are on par with Texas, and light years below OU.

Its not even close...Texas last 3 recruiting classes were all top 10...this year is going to be top 5!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw what the last guy with WV ties did. Obviously ties don't matter. I used to think that but it seems it is a major concern in the State.

AND...in case anyone has forgotten or continues to be in denial...which it appears they have or are.....Nehlen was NOT from Wv...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can quit calling Lyons "no balls" his dealings with Holgorsen the past month or so showed some sack contents.
Ain't going to happen. Let's see how he handles Huggy after this season should Huggy wants to stay as HC. At this point, it will be amazing if these Jokers make it into the NIT.
He'll remain No Balls and Lyin' Shane Lyons. He didn't fire Dana. Dana left.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... the spin is always going to be that Shane fired Dana. Just something I’ll have to learn to live with.

Like why do you fire a HC who wins 9 games every year...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not even close...Texas last 3 recruiting classes were all top 10...this year is going to be top 5!!
Last I saw, wins on the field are what we are after? Have they changed the rules to make recruitment rankings more important than wins and losses???