• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slaton10's new Coaching Staff..

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh.....

i didn't even want to get on here. DH did what we asked him to do, transition us into the big 12, fill the roster with big 12 type players and run a clean program. i am happy for DH I think he is going into a good situation with Houston and i think he will do well. i would not be surprised if Houston is P5 very soon. I like DH, but onward and upward.

I think the next guy will have less rebuilding to do with what we have on the roster. I think people are underestimating this team going into next year. Obviously the QB play will be key, but unlike a lot of years WVU has lost players like Sills, Long, Grier, etc etc we do have some very capable guys who have seen the field filling those roles. Now whoever gets here but get on the recruiting trail quick or in two years we are going to be in deep doc doo.

It looks like we will be filling the role over the next couple of days....I hope it is someone we can all gt behind and I truly hope it is not someone that is currently on the staff, thank god we did't have a special teams coach. lol

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man we are all fans on here who like to give each other grief. Getting rid of Holgs may be the best thing to get the fan base back together.

No balls needs to step up to the plate and make a good hire that the fan base can get behind. It’s a new era now. The Stew v Holgs debate is ancient history now. Holgs haters got their wish and Holgs lovers know that he wanted out of Dodge. Had “See I really have Balls” caved-into his demands, he would still use WVU as a stepping stone to a new job.

I’m sure it’s no shock... but, I totally disagree that Dana wanted out of dodge.

In fact, he wanted just the opposite. He wanted security that he would remain in dodge for quite some time.

Shane played his hand this time... like he did in ‘15. Offered Dana something he knew he would refuse. So, instead of firing him... he helped nudge him out the door.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure it’s no shock... but, I totally disagree that Dana wanted out of dodge.

In fact, he wanted just the opposite. He wanted security that he would remain in dodge for quite some time.

Shane played his hand this time... like he did in ‘15. Offered Dana something he knew he would refuse. So, instead of firing him... he helped nudge him out the door.
Security comes from getting the job done, security in coaching comes from winning, and 7 or 8 wins a year does not deserve a raise, period. Had our star QB not given OU two touchdowns, Holgorsen would have gotten an extension and raise. Remember all the ranting about how easy it is to coach out fumbles?? Holgorsen whould have coached his QB to secure the ball and go down!! A 100 year contract at $100 million a year would not have made even one more win.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Security comes from getting the job done, security in coaching comes from winning, and 7 or 8 wins a year does not deserve a raise, period. Had our star QB not given OU two touchdowns, Holgorsen would have gotten an extension and raise. Remember all the ranting about how easy it is to coach out fumbles?? Holgorsen whould have coached his QB to secure the ball and go down!! A 100 year contract at $100 million a year would not have made even one more win.

LOL!

You’re comparing a couple of fluke fumbles by Grier to the consistent problems for Clarke?

Dana wasn’t really looking for a raise. He was looking for more guaranteed income. Huge difference.

Having a team ranked in the top 15 for the entire regular season is something special. How many times has that been done before?

Billy certainly never did it.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re comparing a couple of fluke fumbles by Grier to the consistent problems for Clarke
huh????? Grier was very sloppy with the ball when going down for a sack, I get trying to make a play as a competitor, but he got sloppy with the ball under pressure.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh????? Grier was very sloppy with the ball when going down for a sack, I get trying to make a play as a competitor, but he got sloppy with the ball under pressure.

I absolutely agree. He was sloppy when he was scrambling.

But, that is 100% different than teaching a RB ball control when being tackled. Our RB’s had a pretty good record of ball control under Dana.

Unfortunately, the QB’s... Skyler and Will... loosely held it when in full fledged scrambling mode.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree. He was sloppy when he was scrambling.

But, that is 100% different than teaching a RB ball control when being tackled. Our RB’s had a pretty good record of ball control under Dana.

Unfortunately, the QB’s... Skyler and Will... loosely held it when in full fledged scrambling mode.
I cringed every time Grier was pressured!!!! He ran around holding the ball like it was an egg.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Grier didn’t fumble both times, our chances of winning would have improved. At the end of the night, we still had the opportunity to win, even with our out of position, non-tackling DBs.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why hasn't our great DC coached the kids how to be the place they are supposed to be, or more importantly how to tackle......

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just disappointed OP had to say Lyin Shane Lyons, when you could be clever and just write Shane Lyins.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guy still has his house in Houston. He had flat land and hot sun in his blood. You will never convince me that he would not have bolted had he ever had enough success to garner attention to a big school in his home state. Instead he goes to a AAC school in his hometown.

Now has Balls made the move. Instead of waiting and watching another year he saved a 5 million potential buyout and gets one million back. I really think Ollie would be thanking Houston for taking Cough Count off of our hands and paying for him.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy still has his house in Houston. He had flat land and hot sun in his blood. You will never convince me that he would not have bolted had he ever had enough success to garner attention to a big school in his home state. Instead he goes to a AAC school in his hometown.

Now has Balls made the move. Instead of waiting and watching another year he saved a 5 million potential buyout and gets one million back. I really think Ollie would be thanking Houston for taking Cough Count off of our hands and paying for him.

Houston wasn’t his hometown. Dana was from Iowa.

Luck would have given Dana an extension after the ‘15 season. He would have secured a great recruiting class for the ‘16 season. He would have allowed Dana’s growth to be rewarded with better classes each year thereafter.

WVU would be buzzing right now.

Instead of hoping a G5 coach is willing to be our next coach. A fucking Sun Belt HC at that....

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not piling on, but hire these guys too:

Bobby Petrino: Balance and Conditioning Coach
Craig James: Entertainment & Hospitality Coordinator

Seriously though, you eeers shouldn't have stinkypants about the job Holg did for y'all. The rest of the Big XII hates going into Morgantown, you crazy football loving bastards.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Luck would have given Dana an extension after the ‘15 season. He would have secured a great recruiting class for the ‘16 season. He would have allowed Dana’s growth to be rewarded with better classes each year thereafter.

Instead of hoping a G5 coach is willing to be our next coach. A fucking Sun Belt HC at that....
I've thought about this, if luck were s tv I'll around, I'm thinking we might be on our second coaching change right now. I think he may well have canned Holgorsen after 2015, or forced him to leave. Holgorsen had not progressed like I figured luck thought he was going to. Luck is pretty impatient, he changes jobs like a regular guy changes underwear, so he would probably have the same idea on coaches. He is a Jerry Jones type, wants to be coach from the CEO chair.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought about this, if luck were s tv I'll around, I'm thinking we might be on our second coaching change right now. I think he may well have canned Holgorsen after 2015, or forced him to leave. Holgorsen had not progressed like I figured luck thought he was going to. Luck is pretty impatient, he changes jobs like a regular guy changes underwear, so he would probably have the same idea on coaches. He is a Jerry Jones type, wants to be coach from the CEO chair.

This topic is why I asked if you guys remembered indyrckstar from our CBS days, he started a thread using this premise on 247. I remembered him as a pretty active poster on that site.

Luck brought Dana to WVU because of the problems he saw with Billy’s roster. Huge numbers problem... huge lack of depth across the board.

You can’t go to a big boy conference... which is what Luck wanted for WVU... with the kind of roster we had in 2010. It is going to take time to build it.

Our ‘14 team was close to being really good. Lack of quality depth at QB... a problem still haunting us... cost us that season as well as following years. But, if Clint doesn’t get hurt, that team may not have lost another game. They beat the shit out of BU... had TCU whipped until Clint’s injury.

2015 was the year to extend, and I believe Luck would have done it too. A total rebuild year, playing 3 out of 4 games on the road against top 20 teams... was brutal. The only scar was the upset loss to KSU when our defense failed us in the 2nd half. Another theme.

That’s why I was hoping Gibby would be fired. I was hoping for it to happen after the OU game.

Now... he may end up our next HC...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol::nono:

Luck could have given Dana Holgorsen a LIFETIME contract and recruiting wouldn’t have sniffed a top 25 class under Holgs. Guy was a lazy HC and couldnt establish any continuity here, thats one of the many reasons he’s coachin in lesser conference now. UH is a little easier to recruit to and the competition isnt as tough so.. bout where he belongs. He aint a P5 HC, not TOTALLY sure he’s a HC at THAT level either TBH, we’ll see.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not piling on, but hire these guys too:

Bobby Petrino: Balance and Conditioning Coach
Craig James: Entertainment & Hospitality Coordinator

Seriously though, you eeers shouldn't have stinkypants about the job Holg did for y'all. The rest of the Big XII hates going into Morgantown, you crazy football loving bastards.

You may have not liked the trip to morgantown but you came out with a W every time. How long would you give a coach to make it to second in the conference once?
How long would it take for OU to dump a coach who loses to Texas every year? Would you put up with 7 straight losses to Texas?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the right coach and some wins will heal us quickly

I really don't think so...the colors of so many came out ever since Rich left...its a divided fan base for years to come...example...no matter who they hire...several fans will pissed that Doc Holliday didn't get a shot...