• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Search

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:stfu:

We are the only ones allowed to give DAD shit on here!
We may have done a little fightin' among ourselves, but you outside people best leave us alone!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for those who thought Dana was just average..at best....his buddy Kliff K gets FIRED at TT and is now a HC in the NFL...you telling me that Dana wasn't better than ole' Kliff K??
I'll tell ya how some owners/AD's are completely out of touch..I give you,:laugh: the former Raiders HC

lane.jpg

Also, have a look at the new NJY HC
Gase's eyes the star during new Jets coach's intro
:pound:
But no....it wasn't their leadership, Geno was the problem :dhd:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANYWAY, back to football, our new coach seems to have found him a QB:
Oklahoma grants QB Austin Kendall waiver for immediate eligibility at West Virginia
OU turned out looking like a real POS in that one trying to block him from coming to WVU. Glad to get 3 deep on the QB board now. I feel for Jack Allison, I think he would have been ok in Dana's system with a spring and fall camp to prep but I don't know that he has the wheels to be effective enough in Browns but.. guess we'll see unless he transfers.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Just don't get a guy with a HOF resume can't get kids to Morgantown on a consisten basis...and I don't beleive the BS that is MORGANTOWN especially for basketball... When schools like Gonzaga, Witchita State, Villanova and even Syracuse and UCONN can get next level talent to thier schools...

I'm not sure why this would surprise anyone.

How many great HS ballers want to play in a system like his? Honestly... who wants to play his kind of basketball... on both sides of the court?

Kids want to play... tons of minutes. They don't want to be part of some hockey club that is subbing 3-4 guys out at a time like he was doing when Press VA was a thing. They certainly don't want to run an offense that is as archaic as his. Kids want to play in offenses that mimic the NBA. They want to develop an overall game to prepare them for the next level.

Huggs wants kids to come to Morgantown and be a member of the team. Sacrifice themselves and their egos to put the team ahead of their own interests. This dedication and sacrifice works. He's shown it to work.

But, just as we see in our football program... sometimes you get a raw 3 star talent that develops into something special... sometimes you don't.

IMO, Huggs has some true PG's who could have been special for him this year. But, he stubbornly wanted to put them into his system instead of developing offense/defense schemes which would take advantage of their skillset. When these kids couldn't perform without mistakes... he benched them. He's ruined any and all confidence they once had. Ruined them.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why this would surprise anyone.

How many great HS ballers want to play in a system like his? Honestly... who wants to play his kind of basketball... on both sides of the court?

Kids want to play... tons of minutes. They don't want to be part of some hockey club that is subbing 3-4 guys out at a time like he was doing when Press VA was a thing. They certainly don't want to run an offense that is as archaic as his. Kids want to play in offenses that mimic the NBA. They want to develop an overall game to prepare them for the next level.

Huggs wants kids to come to Morgantown and be a member of the team. Sacrifice themselves and their egos to put the team ahead of their own interests. This dedication and sacrifice works. He's shown it to work.

But, just as we see in our football program... sometimes you get a raw 3 star talent that develops into something special... sometimes you don't.

IMO, Huggs has some true PG's who could have been special for him this year. But, he stubbornly wanted to put them into his system instead of developing offense/defense schemes which would take advantage of their skillset. When these kids couldn't perform without mistakes... he benched them. He's ruined any and all confidence they once had. Ruined them.

Its EXACTLY what I see out there...what was bothersome was the quit in this team in Fort Worth...everyone going 3/4 speed on both ends of the court...I really don't know what they are trying to establish out there..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its EXACTLY what I see out there...what was bothersome was the quit in this team in Fort Worth...everyone going 3/4 speed on both ends of the court...I really don't know what they are trying to establish out there..

Yep.

Huggs has destroyed his team this year with his own ego. He has proven to them that they will do it his way... or they will suffer.

Huggs has achieved his superiority... once again.

And, Mountaineer Nation suffers.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggs and WVU will be back. This is a bad year which we expected from the start. Our upperclassmen have not been leaders.

Last year, these Freshman would be on the bench. Huggs does not have much of a choice other than to play them and hope that they learn and listen.

He has proven to them that they will do it his way... or they will suffer. This is the same attitude that produced two teams with losing records in 40+ years of coaching.

I am a firm believer in Huggs and that when it is his time to leave, he will walk away. If he can get his young guards to be on the same page, next year could be special.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggs and WVU will be back. This is a bad year which we expected from the start. Our upperclassmen have not been leaders.

Last year, these Freshman would be on the bench. Huggs does not have much of a choice other than to play them and hope that they learn and listen.

He has proven to them that they will do it his way... or they will suffer. This is the same attitude that produced two teams with losing records in 40+ years of coaching.

I am a firm believer in Huggs and that when it is his time to leave, he will walk away. If he can get his young guards to be on the same page, next year could be special.
Meanwhile, other coaches have changed with times and won the item WVU fans have been seeking. Coach K has adapted his coaching to the players he has recruited. Nobody does it better than Calipari, no matter how you may feel about him. Kids today are nowhere near to what we were as kids. I would have loved playing for Huggy, my kid, no way. If a majority of these kids don’t fit his system, why recruit them?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggs and WVU will be back. This is a bad year which we expected from the start.

None of us expected Sags to be MIA this year. But, WVU was a preseason #13... picked to finish in the top 3 of the conference.

Nobody expected this. Nobody...

Huggs attitude is the same one that has created his 2nd losing record since joining the Big 12. He finished one year one game above .500.

Since we joined the Big 12, he had great success with JC. Not so much without him...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggs attitude is the same one that has created his 2nd losing record since joining the Big 12. He finished one year one game above .500.

Same attitude he used when we went to the sweet 16, same attitude he used when he went to the final 4. Kinda thought that McCabe would be the next JC. He still has 3 more years.

The rest of this year is to find out who will learn and improve for next year when we could have a really good team.

Tshibwe a five star comes in next year, Sags should be back, Culver will have a year of experience. If Huggs develops a couple of the Freshman guards, this should be a really good team.

According to 247 sports the top 10 all time commits to WVU were all signed by Huggs. Tshibwe will be #1 on that list.

Diss Huggs all you want, but he is our best chance to get WVU a NC in our lifetimes.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same attitude he used when we went to the sweet 16, same attitude he used when he went to the final 4. Kinda thought that McCabe would be the next JC. He still has 3 more years.

The rest of this year is to find out who will learn and improve for next year when we could have a really good team.

Tshibwe a five star comes in next year, Sags should be back, Culver will have a year of experience. If Huggs develops a couple of the Freshman guards, this should be a really good team.

According to 247 sports the top 10 all time commits to WVU were all signed by Huggs. Tshibwe will be #1 on that list.

Diss Huggs all you want, but he is our best chance to get WVU a NC in our lifetimes.
Asa Ahmad is a question mark for me. He has talent, but seems to be poison for the team. He is the "senior leader " of this team, which imo is the reason that we suck. Last year when he was out, wvu could not be beat, when he returned we became a. 500 team. I think next year will be a good one, once he is gone.