• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Search

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for those who thought Dana was just average..at best....his buddy Kliff K gets FIRED at TT and is now a HC in the NFL...you telling me that Dana wasn't better than ole' Kliff K??

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me those stats...and what is the measuring stick..

As we see from some of the samples I provided, there is no way one can say a proven HC is going to have a greater degree of success than hiring a coordinator.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder when they are going to start a search for a new Basketball HC??:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

I hope soon, if No Balls gets us a new Basketball coach for next year, he will have the largest Balls in the state.......don't see it happening......time for a change there, may not win a game this year.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope soon, if No Balls gets us a new Basketball coach for next year, he will have the largest Balls in the state.......don't see it happening......time for a change there, may not win a game this year.
No Balls has an out due to King Ollie. Ollie already created a job for Huggins to take whenever Huggy decides to step down from coaching.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggins seems to have fallen into the same pattern that Nehlen had in the 1990s, one great year, one horrible year, and two meh years, he has overall done well for us, but has a couple of horrible seasons......he has three more years on his contract, I looked, but can't find what the buyout is if he is canned. I say let him coach next year with the young kids on this team, see if there is improvement, and go from there.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggins isn’t going to get fired.

Too many WVU fans will look at his record of getting teams to the Sweet 16... to the Final 4... and allow him to run the program as he sees fit. WVU hasn’t enjoyed success on the court like Huggs brought to WVU since the mid 60’s.

His style of coaching is going to be a challenge. Some kids do well with it... look at Dax and JC. Some kids can’t take it... see Bender and Teddy Buckets.

This year, it looks like his kids aren’t responding to all of his antics.

But, we know... Huggs told us a few times already... he gonna fix it.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggins isn’t going to get fired.

Too many WVU fans will look at his record of getting teams to the Sweet 16... to the Final 4... and allow him to run the program as he sees fit. WVU hasn’t enjoyed success on the court like Huggs brought to WVU since the mid 60’s.

His style of coaching is going to be a challenge. Some kids do well with it... look at Dax and JC. Some kids can’t take it... see Bender and Teddy Buckets.

This year, it looks like his kids aren’t responding to all of his antics.

But, we know... Huggs told us a few times already... he gonna fix it.

It don't matter what he has done here in the past, it don't matter how much success he has had here in the past, What is he doing right now? This team is the worst I have ever seen at WVU. Time to move on, The same standards should apply to our BB team as it does our football team. how many Big 12 titles do we have? Regular season or post season? Isn't he here to win championships? Been 8 years since the final four run. Time to move on.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we see from some of the samples I provided, there is no way one can say a proven HC is going to have a greater degree of success than hiring a coordinator.
But some of the examples you gave as not having previous head coach experience actually did......quit making shit up

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a walk around out basketball practice facility and you will see why Huggs has this job as long as he wants it. Huggs raised the money to pay for this building. He has pull with big donors. Shane has balls but they are not that big.

This is a terrible season. Losing Sags is big for this team. Beetle has been injured. We have promising Freshman and a 5 star (first ever) Center committed for next year. It would be stupid to get rid of him.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahmile Addae, welcome back home! I can already see harder hits from the safeties!

If he teaches kids today to hit ‘em like he used to... we won’t be seeing their ass on the field much.

Dude knocked heads like none before or since. He would be disqualified for almost every hit today...

One of the things that makes me laugh when I hear some WVU fans talk about how tough we used to play defense. Shit is illegal today...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But some of the examples you gave as not having previous head coach experience actually did......quit making shit up

Well said...

LOL!

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he teaches kids today to hit ‘em like he used to... we won’t be seeing their ass on the field much.

Dude knocked heads like none before or since. He would be disqualified for almost every hit today...

One of the things that makes me laugh when I hear some WVU fans talk about how tough we used to play defense. Shit is illegal today...
The 'targeting' jokes are already flying. Remember the hit on the VT TE? Yeah, ejected today...

Oswaldandme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggins seems to have fallen into the same pattern that Nehlen had in the 1990s, one great year, one horrible year, and two meh years, he has overall done well for us, but has a couple of horrible seasons......he has three more years on his contract, I looked, but can't find what the buyout is if he is canned. I say let him coach next year with the young kids on this team, see if there is improvement, and go from there.
You coach them. Armchair faggot.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I Just don't get a guy with a HOF resume can't get kids to Morgantown on a consisten basis...and I don't beleive the BS that is MORGANTOWN especially for basketball... When schools like Gonzaga, Witchita State, Villanova and even Syracuse and UCONN can get next level talent to thier schools...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Just don't get a guy with a HOF resume can't get kids to Morgantown on a consisten basis...and I don't beleive the BS that is MORGANTOWN especially for basketball... When schools like Gonzaga, Witchita State, Villanova and even Syracuse and UCONN can get next level talent to thier schools...
I don't get it either, so many of the kids he gets either wash out or don't get it. He did great with Beilein's kids, and only OK with his kids. BUT he has us playing better overall than we have since Fred Schaus was coaching the team, just a bit before my time, though. This year is a bust, see what next year brings.