• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Search

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pastilong would have already chosen Gibby as the new HC.

Gibby has been loyal, is loved by the players, has lots of familiarity with WVU and will be considered for the job. Bo Pellini has contacts with Lyons and Gee and I would not be surprised if he gets interest. Doc may be a good fit, but I doubt that happens.

My guess is that Lyons looks back to his Alabama roots and picks an assistant or former assistant of Nick Saban.

My wish list is that Lyons talks Saban into coming home to WV.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pastilong would have already chosen Gibby as the new HC.

Gibby has been loyal, is loved by the players, has lots of familiarity with WVU and will be considered for the job. Bo Pellini has contacts with Lyons and Gee and I would not be surprised if he gets interest. Doc may be a good fit, but I doubt that happens.

My guess is that Lyons looks back to his Alabama roots and picks an assistant or former assistant of Nick Saban.

My wish list is that Lyons talks Saban into coming home to WV.
Everyone gives Pastilong grief, remember he hired Fraud, Beilein and Huggs, three of the best coaches WVU has had, not too bad!!!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the rumored names I've heard, Josh Heupel stands out for me. It has to be frustrating having 0 loses in two years and no respect.

Second big name I saw is Dan Enos, the OC at Bama. In all honesty, I think this is probably Lyons' guy.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban aint happening.

Id give it a less than 5% chance but Id make SURE Urban Meyer is ready to hang it up. Bob Stoops as well

Neal Brown from Troy keeps coming up and he DOES have a nice resume so far. IMO he seems to be the top target... so far

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban aint happening.

Id give it a less than 5% chance but Id make SURE Urban Meyer is ready to hang it up. Bob Stoops as well

Neal Brown from Troy keeps coming up and he DOES have a nice resume so far. IMO he seems to be the top target... so far
All are good names, but I doubt Meyer would come, unless Gee could talk him into it?????? Stoops would be a great one, but again I doubt he would come.

I would say the odds are higher on Saban coming home than either of those guys coming!

I like the idea of Brown, seems like a quality guy who runs a good program.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone gives Pastilong grief, remember he hired Fraud, Beilein and Huggs, three of the best coaches WVU has had, not too bad!!!

The Stew hire was made poorly and Pastilong will be remembered for that.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stew hire was made poorly and Pastilong will be remembered for that.
Pastilong got the grief for it, but he had been in secret talks with Fisher, Garrison and Manchin were the idiots that screwed it all up when they started running their mouths. Garrison brought more grief to WVU than any administrator in our history!!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will inject a little silly superstition into it, the last time Ohio State and WVU both hired a football coach the same year, it worked out well for both!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100/100 Most true statement of all time.
Hell, Garrison making promises that were against the rules to Fraud was one of the reasons Fraud left!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neal Brown is looking like the hot chick at the bar.

Urban has a brain cyst. The guy is not in good health. Truly... he needs to retire. He looked to be in pain tonight.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Urban has a brain cyst. The guy is not in good health. Truly... he needs to retire. He looked to be in pain tonight.
Meyer has looked to be in pain all year, doubling over and holding his head, feel bad for him, great football coach, prime of life and can't keep doing what he loves.
Brown, I think is the guy, hope he can recruit here, the only knocks I have read about him at all are recruiting is lacking, but able assistants can make up for that. I keep reading reports of Luke Fickel, I think he would be a great coach here, would bring in three things that Holgorsen lacked that really held him back, Fickel WANTS to do the "CEO Crap", wants to be in charge and the face of the program, and he runs a structured, disciplined team and has strength and conditioning a priority, BUT would he come here, or wait in Cincy for the OSU job????

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it on good authority that Neal Brown will be announced as the head coach tomorrow. He is in Morgantown now. Only details I got was an offer of 11.5 million over 4 years.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw that too, I think Urbs is done for real.

Has anyone seen/heard anything from WVU officially on all this?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing official. What I heard about Brown being a done deal came from a friend with close ties to the team.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen nothing from wvu about any of it, I saw a sbnation had the same thing on Brown's offer. As fast as this is moving, its hard to believe it has not been in the works for a while.......

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing official. What I heard about Brown being a done deal came from a friend with close ties to the team.
Looks like a solid move to me. Never know FOR SURE until it happens but he looks/sounds to me like a guy that would be the right kind of "fit" for WVU.

He has that Kentucky/Stoops connection as well, I would LOVE to see us get a yearly game goin with the Cats. Be great for both programs iyam.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of ironic, Dana hired on in a weird/awkward kind of way and now leaves in a weird/awkward way. Just…. ready to move on myself

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer has looked to be in pain all year, doubling over and holding his head, feel bad for him, great football coach, prime of life and can't keep doing what he loves.
Brown, I think is the guy, hope he can recruit here, the only knocks I have read about him at all are recruiting is lacking, but able assistants can make up for that. I keep reading reports of Luke Fickel, I think he would be a great coach here, would bring in three things that Holgorsen lacked that really held him back, Fickel WANTS to do the "CEO Crap", wants to be in charge and the face of the program, and he runs a structured, disciplined team and has strength and conditioning a priority, BUT would he come here, or wait in Cincy for the OSU job????

I don’t know what kind of recruiter he is.

But, your concerns about recruiting are legit. If we’re going to compete in the Big 12, we need to do better in recruiting. A great HC is going to give you what... 1 more win a season with similar talent. Big fucking deal if you ask me.

A great coach with good talent, can be special every once in awhile.

Hopefully our admin... Gee and Lyons... start working our deep pocket donors for some help too.

But, if it ends up being Brown... he might be something special as a HC. He is a young man on a steep trajectory.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidebar... off topic...

For all my old cbssports message board friends, do y’all remember a poster with the SN... indyrckstar? He had an avatar of Owen Schmitt beating his head with his helmet from the UofL game in ‘07.