• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Search

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought we were getting an announcement today according to some inside info? Just like Mountaineer football, there’s always tomorrow.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought we were getting an announcement today according to some inside info? Just like Mountaineer football, there’s always tomorrow.
Life as a WVU fan indeed!!!

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power struggle is on. Gee wants Fickel. Indeed, life as a Mountaineer:L

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor imo, I don't see that happening. If Gee wants to make the hire then he should fire Lyons right now. Its his job to make this hire not Gee.

BTW, good piece on WVU and coaching searches:
Not since Bobby Bowden has West Virginia had a normal coaching search

I could be dead wrong but I REALLY like what Ive been learning about Neal Brown, kinda feels to me like when Urban Meyer left Bowling Green for Utah but again, never know til his name is on the office door.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BBW heard that Gibby is in the mix...I hope so...I love Deja Vu...I will be sitting on the couch with popcorn in hand watching the Billy Stewart debacle all over again...outcome...GEE OUT...LYIN" Shane OUT!:hardy:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep pocket donors... current players.... former players... all want Gibby!

Gee wants Fickell.

Lyons wants Brown.

How will Shane handle all of the power struggles?

Fickell/Brown interviews going on yesterday/today. I'm not sure Gibby has been interviewed.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor imo, I don't see that happening. If Gee wants to make the hire then he should fire Lyons right now. Its his job to make this hire not Gee.

BTW, good piece on WVU and coaching searches:
Not since Bobby Bowden has West Virginia had a normal coaching search

I could be dead wrong but I REALLY like what Ive been learning about Neal Brown, kinda feels to me like when Urban Meyer left Bowling Green for Utah but again, never know til his name is on the office door.

I THINK I agree with Goldrusher...I like the fact he has southern ties...will help with recruiting ...I hope he would bring VIC KOENNING with him, but he maybe hired as the HC at Troy..he has had stints as DC at Clemson, Illinois and KSU..

He has a bend but not break philosophy...a 4 man front!...sounds and looks a lot like OU.....

This defense finished 24th and 31st overall the last two years...what was concerning 57th against the pass...in the SUNBELT!

Koenning aims to pressure the quarterback with a four-man rush and keep everything in front of him with zone coverage, much of which is well-disguised. This doesn’t mean he won’t run man or blitz, but without Auburn’s talent it would be folly. This means Koenning will stick to form and disguise conservative zone coverages until a lopsided score forces him to take chances.

Generally Troy will run cover 4, but it won’t always look like it until the ball is snapped. We’ll see plenty of cover 3 looks which are actually cover 2; cover 2 looks which are cover 4, etc. Koenning wants to keep quarterbacks guessing until they make a mistake.

Against 11 personnel, Troy employs a nickel formation which is of course what we expect to see the majority of the game against Clemson’s base 11. Beginning in a cover 4 look, the strong safety drops into the box to show blitz, which now looks like man cover 1 behind it. In actuality, it is cover 3:

Troy also plays plenty of cover 2, in which the outside cornerbacks cover the flat and pass downfield routes along to the safeties. Effectively, a zone cover 2 is just a cover 3 with the Mike linebacker playing the deep middle zone, but intermediate corner routes will be open between the corners and safeties:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense played pretty well against Clemson that year too!

Clemson averaged 39.2 ppg in '16. Troy held them to 30.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense played pretty well against Clemson that year too!

Clemson averaged 39.2 ppg in '16. Troy held them to 30.

Its a different concept...It will take Wv awhile to recruit the size up front...concerning that if zone is the base defense . against Big12 teams that MAY not hold up...but he was at K State...so he has a taste of what he's in for if he is the guy

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a different concept...It will take Wv awhile to recruit the size up front...concerning that if zone is the base defense . against Big12 teams that MAY not hold up...but he was at K State...so he has a taste of what he's in for if he is the guy

IMO, truly depends on what kind of pressure you get.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, truly depends on what kind of pressure you get.

Still going to leave a lot of room on the boundary...but...I guess we will wait and see if this happens..

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep pocket donors... current players.... former players... all want Gibby!

Gee wants Fickell.

Lyons wants Brown.

How will Shane handle all of the power struggles?

Fickell/Brown interviews going on yesterday/today. I'm not sure Gibby has been interviewed.
Definitely true about players wanting Gibby, but... I've seen some opiods there swing to Brown as they learn about him.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Gibby received his interview. Me thinks he has become the front runner....