• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Carousel

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, I would say they made the right choice of the two

Chip Kelly and Kap is going to be very interesting

It is the Chip Kelly/Baalke dynamic that I worry about who is going to be able to swallow their ego? I say neither and the 49ers are looking for a new coach in 2 years.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chip is higher risk, higher ceiling. Boom or bust.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Chip makes sense in the sense of you are hoping to salvage the career of Keapernick. The rest of the team though I can't see them being too excited. He is not exactly the greatest people person ever. From what I understand he had daily urine tests for the players. That is a great way to build trust among the players (said sarcastically)! He doesn't have personnel control this time around though so that should help out some.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to update all the coaching hires...

Ben McAdoo is the new coach for the NY Giants. I know very little of this guy so have no clue what type of HC he will be.

Philly has hired the Offensive Coordinator of the Chiefs in Doug Pederson. This is a hire that I don't get honestly. It is not like Pederson's offense has been anything special since he went to the Chiefs. Yes they are 9th in points scored but they are 27th in yards per game. To me that shows that their defense has gotten them in great position with all the turnovers they force to then put points on the board. When they can't force turnovers I do question their effectiveness to actually move the ball and score.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to update all the coaching hires...

Ben McAdoo is the new coach for the NY Giants. I know very little of this guy so have no clue what type of HC he will be.

Philly has hired the Offensive Coordinator of the Chiefs in Doug Pederson. This is a hire that I don't get honestly. It is not like Pederson's offense has been anything special since he went to the Chiefs. Yes they are 9th in points scored but they are 27th in yards per game. To me that shows that their defense has gotten them in great position with all the turnovers they force to then put points on the board. When they can't force turnovers I do question their effectiveness to actually move the ball and score.

Doesn't he have Eagle ties with Andy in Philly days. No Shanny that blows me away. A weak HC class and all avoided Shanny see John tree is dead.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't he have Eagle ties with Andy in Philly days. No Shanny that blows me away. A weak HC class and all avoided Shanny see John tree is dead.

Well I mean he was just working for Andy in KC so of course he has ties to Philly. He also was a QB coach in Philly with Andy for 2 seasons and Offensive Quality Control Coordinator for another 2. So yeah he has Philly ties just for me not seeing a ton of experience or even a ton of success as a Coordinator so not sure then how he all of a sudden becomes a great coach.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly sucks .I am glad he went to a Team I hate ..

If I was 49ers I would of Got Shanahan and I would of got Him a QB that was real . Not the Coach killers of the past kind . Real .

I would not let him Run anything on The D side of the Football when it came to personnel . I would only give him a vote and the OC a vote on O personnel but I would Give GM a vote and the head of Scouting a vote with final say 2 of high up's Scouts

This would make everyone work with everyone ... But for gods sakes don't let Shanahan have a word when it come to D .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You give Shanahan a QB like Luck he will win you SB's

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now I guess the 49'ers will be grabbing up anything with talons on it during UFA time ..

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I mean he was just working for Andy in KC so of course he has ties to Philly. He also was a QB coach in Philly with Andy for 2 seasons and Offensive Quality Control Coordinator for another 2. So yeah he has Philly ties just for me not seeing a ton of experience or even a ton of success as a Coordinator so not sure then how he all of a sudden becomes a great coach.

Yeah I get what your saying now. It is interesting indeed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get what your saying now. It is interesting indeed.

From what I understand Pederson didn't even call the plays in KC. That is a big part of why I question this hire in I'm not sure he has really proven all that much that he can run one side of the offense let alone a whole team.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand Pederson didn't even call the plays in KC. That is a big part of why I question this hire in I'm not sure he has really proven all that much that he can run one side of the offense let alone a whole team.

Yep heard that today on ESPN. They also said, Reid has shown him ropes on HC duties we'll see how he does running the show.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly sucks .I am glad he went to a Team I hate ..

If I was 49ers I would of Got Shanahan and I would of got Him a QB that was real . Not the Coach killers of the past kind . Real .

I would not let him Run anything on The D side of the Football when it came to personnel . I would only give him a vote and the OC a vote on O personnel but I would Give GM a vote and the head of Scouting a vote with final say 2 of high up's Scouts

This would make everyone work with everyone ... But for gods sakes don't let Shanahan have a word when it come to D .

I was thinking the same - at least he doesn't have any talent left to trade.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan with real QB's is nothing to turn a nose to ..

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan must suck at interviews.:)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Shanahan, and some comments about his history with the Redskins .. The guy is a complete control freak, and an organizational cancer ..

At this point, you cannot even call him overrated because he showed his true form with the Redskins ... He also sucked with the Raiders ..

An great article on Shanahan, and his preferential treatment of his son, and the rampant nepotism coming from Shanahan :

Kyle Shanahan, staff inexperience at core of Redskins dysfunction

Conversations with several people within the organization have revealed a similar perception of Kyle Shanahan as someone who was empowered and enabled by his father, spending an abundance of time in his father's office, given a wide swath of power, and rubbing many people -- players, fellow coaches and members of football operations -- the wrong way. At the same time, Kyle Shanahan has been the most heavily rewarded of the team's assistant coaches, as team sources said the two-year extension Shanahan earned following the playoff run in 2012 will pay him $1.5M in 2014 alone. That's money he's almost certain to collect away from the team, with this regime widely expected to be fired after this season.

As a former member of the organization put it: “Kyle bitches about everything, and then his father has to fix it. He bitches about the food in the cafeteria, he bitches about the field, he bitches about the equipment. He complains and then Mike takes care of it. Kyle is a big problem there. He is not well liked.”

Several members of the organization said Kyle Shanahan was a cause of internal strife, surrounding himself with young coaches with inferior experience, and allowing for no checks and balances of outside voices in the offensive coaching rooms.

“This is the NFL, it's not supposed to be a training ground for coaches,” said someone who has worked with Kyle Shanahan in Washington. “It's ridiculous. Look at this staff. It sucks. Mike's best buddy is (longtime Shanahan assistant and current linebackers coach Bob Slowik), and Slowik's son is in his second year out of college and he's on the staff. Everyone on the staff is in his first or second year except for Mike and Kyle and Haslett (defensive coordinator Jim Haslett) and Raheem (Morris, the secondary coach), and everyone knows Raheem is there because he is close with Kyle. Those two go way back.

And another, with quotes from DeAngelo Hall

DeAngelo Hall says Mike Shanahan used to overrule Jim Haslett

Shanahan, in his second year into the job, began sitting in on coaches’ defensive meetings. According to a former coach, staff members stormed out several times, furious after Shanahan had changed that week’s defensive game plan.

Haslett, the defensive coordinator and a former NFL head coach, also had part of his play-calling duties on the defense usurped by Shanahan, according to two coaches and a veteran player.

One of Shanahan’s first calls came in September 2011, during a game at Dallas. With the Cowboys on their own 30 with 2 minutes 20 seconds to play, Shanahan called an all-out blitz — “Cover-0,” as it is known — and it backfired, resulting in Dallas quarterback Tony Romo finding wide receiver Dez Bryant for a 30-yard gain. Dallas eventually kicked a field goal for an 18-16 victory, and Haslett was left to shoulder the blame.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Shanahan is not perfect ...Far from it . You give him a real QB and do what I said above .. He will win plenty of Titles . And I am sure a couple more SB's .. He does understand how to manipulate D's in this league ..

Steve Young calls what Mike does is evil genius.. I get it he needs the real deal to succeed ... If I was a team with a real deal QB I would be after Shanahan ..

I think Shanahan takes Wash to literal . I get it what wash did was great but that was a different era .. I will say this Billacheat is doing IMO the Walsh tin plate .. So I see using a certain player mind set still working ..

Still Mike wanted to make sugar cookies out of UFA players that everyone would go what the hell is he payin all that money to that shit player ...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Chip makes sense in the sense of you are hoping to salvage the career of Keapernick. The rest of the team though I can't see them being too excited. He is not exactly the greatest people person ever. From what I understand he had daily urine tests for the players. That is a great way to build trust among the players (said sarcastically)! He doesn't have personnel control this time around though so that should help out some.

The urine test thing is funny - because he Oregon he was tipping the players off to random testing. Situational ethics is always a fun personal trait.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always wondered how things might have turned out differently for Shanahan in Washington had he not made the horrendous decision to keep an obviously injured RGIII in that playoff game against Seattle several years ago. Still can't believe he did that and things really seemed to head south for Washington after that game.