• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Carousel

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that Tampa job now has to be one of if not the top landing spot for any coach this year. I mean promising QB, young talent on both sides of the ball, and a team that looks like it could be in the playoffs as early as next year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that but if I am a coach .. I don't want it ..they seem bipolar at this point

If I am Cleveland I pounce on lovie and wright a contract of 5 years and stop chasing the next shiny object .

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that but if I am a coach .. I don't want it ..they seem bipolar at this point

If I am Cleveland I pounce on lovie and wright a contract of 5 years and stop chasing the next shiny object .
Lovie is too smart to think Cleveland. He would rather take DC job somewhere else. That team is beyond dysfunctional. Cleveland is the landing spot for a coach who has no other options at this point.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie is too smart to think Cleveland. He would rather take DC job somewhere else. That team is beyond dysfunctional. Cleveland is the landing spot for a coach who has no other options at this point.

Personally, I hope McDoofus ends up in Cleveland. Then they'd have the "Fake Mistake by the Lake". Deserving justice.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You say that but the right kind of jack ....he would.

The problem is they will not just try stand by someone .. thing is some times you need to be happy with a good Coach that might take a few year to win .. You don't always get instant success ..

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I hope McDoofus ends up in Cleveland. Then they'd have the "Fake Mistake by the Lake". Deserving justice.

That guy is a jackass and I wish the worst upon him for his entire miserable existance.

I feel like he came into my house, broke every dish, ripped up the couch, took a shit in the toilet without flushing it, and left. If I ever were to run across him, I might just knock him out. Not trying to be Mr. Tough Guy, I just can't stand that sorry waste of flesh.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a coaching position but our old GM Ted Sundquist interviewed with the Titans today. Very interesting name. Always liked him but also thought he caved to Shanahan way too often. Maybe some time away has really helped him though.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy is a jackass and I wish the worst upon him for his entire miserable existance.

I feel like he came into my house, broke every dish, ripped up the couch, took a shit in the toilet without flushing it, and left. If I ever were to run across him, I might just knock him out. Not trying to be Mr. Tough Guy, I just can't stand that sorry waste of flesh.
I`m not a Josh fan and am not happy with his time in Denver but I will say this... The "kid" was in way over his head in Denver and had too much on his plate to have any shot at success. Yeah he brought a lot of it on himself but he was unprepared to be a head coach. I`m sure he`s learned a lot since then and would do things a lot differently now. He`s had a great teacher and has done a pretty damn good job running an offense that has been beset by a ton of injuries. Still not sure if he`s quite ready for a HC job yet or even if he would except one or want one. The scars could still be too fresh and he could still learn more where he`s at now. I have no doubt when time is right that he could very well turn into a good HC. Who knows, maybe he`ll wait BB out and move into his spot when BB calls it. Course that could be awhile but that would only help him in future. Hell, who wants a HC job these days anyway when your life span is only two yrs anymore if you don`t make PO`s. Then your credentials are damaged and you end up being a DC/OC for a team that sucks. :)

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I`m not a Josh fan and am not happy with his time in Denver but I will say this... The "kid" was in way over his head in Denver and had too much on his plate to have any shot at success. Yeah he brought a lot of it on himself but he was unprepared to be a head coach. I`m sure he`s learned a lot since then and would do things a lot differently now. He`s had a great teacher and has done a pretty damn good job running an offense that has been beset by a ton of injuries. Still not sure if he`s quite ready for a HC job yet or even if he would except one or want one. The scars could still be too fresh and he could still learn more where he`s at now. I have no doubt when time is right that he could very well turn into a good HC. Who knows, maybe he`ll wait BB out and move into his spot when BB calls it. Course that could be awhile but that would only help him in future. Hell, who wants a HC job these days anyway when your life span is only two yrs anymore if you don`t make PO`s. Then your credentials are damaged and you end up being a DC/OC for a team that sucks. :)

He has admitted he made a lot of mistakes while being the HC here and has learned quite a bit since. I don't think he is in any sort of rush. I think he gets a one more chance and wants to make it count. I could also see him waiting for BB to retire. He may also just wait for Brady to retire and move on from there. I think with his level of success he can afford to wait for a good opportunity. I just think wherever he goes next he should have a competent GM help with personnel choices. I know you don't want to be saddled with bad picks from someone else but that is a lot for a coach to take on.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly - got himself interviewed by the 9ers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to add Bengals to the list of teams needing a new Head Coach after what we saw at the end of the game. 0-7 in the playoffs. Worst record ever by a head coach in the playoffs. Decent coach but I can't see how he keeps his job.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to add Bengals to the list of teams needing a new Head Coach after what we saw at the end of the game. 0-7 in the playoffs. Worst record ever by a head coach in the playoffs. Decent coach but I can't see how he keeps his job.

Yeah... talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Lewis? May need to look for work.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase is the Fins new head coach

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase is the Fins new head coach

I think that is a good hire. I always worry about the 1st time HC guys as they seem to struggle year 1. At the same time I do think they did great in hiring Vance Joseph (The Broncos 1st choice this season for the DC position but the Bengals blocked the interview). They both will be new to their position so I look for them to struggle some year one but I do think they are set up for some success maybe in the 2017 season.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a good hire. I always worry about the 1st time HC guys as they seem to struggle year 1. At the same time I do think they did great in hiring Vance Joseph (The Broncos 1st choice this season for the DC position but the Bengals blocked the interview). They both will be new to their position so I look for them to struggle some year one but I do think they are set up for some success maybe in the 2017 season.

I am actually glad to see Joseph landing in Miami, as I think Wade has done a great job here ... I was wondering how that would play out as we went after Joseph pretty hard

Miami has been in complete disarray, going back before the Ritchie Inconito thing .. With Gase and Joseph, I guess they are not worried about hiring proven commodities at their spots ..

It could blow up in their face ( again )

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually glad to see Joseph landing in Miami, as I think Wade has done a great job here ... I was wondering how that would play out as we went after Joseph pretty hard

Miami has been in complete disarray, going back before the Ritchie Inconito thing .. With Gase and Joseph, I guess they are not worried about hiring proven commodities at their spots ..

It could blow up in their face ( again )

It definitely could but at the same time not like they have had anything to get too excited about since Marino retired. They are taking a bold risk with all of these moves but I think it is one worth taking. I would say for Gase though the rest of his coaching hires better be some guys with some experience. Can't go completely all rookie coaches. Have to see who the rest of his staff is that he assembles before my final judgment on all of this. I will say though that even with all the chaos that has gone on in Miami they are still a very talented team. Tannehil has moments of brilliance just needs a coach that can get that out of him on a more consistent basis. They have a great WR core, Lamar Miller is a pretty good RB, a decent OL, and defensively they have quite a few young talented players. I would say of all the coaching positions that were open Miami has a claim as being the most talented team available.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins - at least - have a guy who can develop as a QB. Congrats to Gase on his hire.