• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Reason 99 to get vaccinated.

if not for the people who can't get vaccinated (medical reason or supply constraints), I'd say let Darwin take them at this point.
other issue is, while there is a group of hosts for the virus to circulate amongst, the risk of mutating strains remains high.

Can't believe society has reached a point where we let these petulant, ignorant, selfish shitheads put the rest of the population at risk.
Stupid people should not have a say in public policy, let alone be the loudest voice.

/things that piss me off

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if not for the people who can't get vaccinated (medical reason or supply constraints), I'd say let Darwin take them at this point.
other issue is, while there is a group of hosts for the virus to circulate amongst, the risk of mutating strains remains high.

Can't believe society has reached a point where we let these petulant, ignorant, selfish shitheads put the rest of the population at risk.
Stupid people should not have a say in public policy, let alone be the loudest voice.

/things that piss me off
We keep electing a fair number of them into positions where they CREATE policy.

I did see a report yesterday that said that the J&J vaccine appears very effective against the Delta variant, so hopefully all of them will be found to be so. But I am close to going back to masks. The mutations could send us right back to full lockdown, and it's gonna get nasty if that happens. Not necessarily because of the virus itself. The idiots who want their freedumbs.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep electing a fair number of them into positions where they CREATE policy.

I did see a report yesterday that said that the J&J vaccine appears very effective against the Delta variant, so hopefully all of them will be found to be so. But I am close to going back to masks. The mutations could send us right back to full lockdown, and it's gonna get nasty if that happens. Not necessarily because of the virus itself. The idiots who want their freedumbs.

I read that both Pfizer and Modern have tested well against the Delta variant, though neither were quite as effective.

I am fully vaccinated but still wearing masks to big, public, indoor spaces like grocery or convenience stores. I'm better now about more thoroughly washing my hands not only when eating/using the bathroom/etc but periodically throughout the day. I think those things will stick for me and I wish they would for everyone. I haven't been sick in over a year and a half. That doesn't all owe to masks and those practices, but it's a significant factor. Southeast Asia is ahead of us on public health, Europe is ahead of us on affordable healthcare, and we aren't following either of their leads. We aren't building public policy around those models. We have a massive sector of our society that are COMPLETE fucking morons and won't vaccinate, protect their neighbor, etc.

I think we are going to see significant pandemics way more often than every 100 years. I think we'll see something much more devastating than COVID in the next 25 years. We simply have too many people on their planet and aren't adopting policies and behaviors that will make that more sustainable. The combo will be deadly.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
it's still stunning to me that the concept of "I wear my mask to protect you, and would appreciate that you do the same to protect me" isn't good enough.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's still stunning to me that the concept of "I wear my mask to protect you, and would appreciate that you do the same to protect me" isn't good enough.

They don't trust the government.*

*Unless it's harming black people, then they totally trust it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that both Pfizer and Modern have tested well against the Delta variant, though neither were quite as effective.

I am fully vaccinated but still wearing masks to big, public, indoor spaces like grocery or convenience stores. I'm better now about more thoroughly washing my hands not only when eating/using the bathroom/etc but periodically throughout the day. I think those things will stick for me and I wish they would for everyone. I haven't been sick in over a year and a half. That doesn't all owe to masks and those practices, but it's a significant factor. Southeast Asia is ahead of us on public health, Europe is ahead of us on affordable healthcare, and we aren't following either of their leads. We aren't building public policy around those models. We have a massive sector of our society that are COMPLETE fucking morons and won't vaccinate, protect their neighbor, etc.

I think we are going to see significant pandemics way more often than every 100 years. I think we'll see something much more devastating than COVID in the next 25 years. We simply have too many people on their planet and aren't adopting policies and behaviors that will make that more sustainable. The combo will be deadly.
a tad concerning ... Pfizer Vaccine Less Effective Against Delta Infections but Prevents Severe Illness, Israeli Data Show

With all those idiots not getting vaccinated in the red/southern states you just know the US will have its very own homegrown variant(s) percolating on the horizon. They better start lernin' their greek alphabet!

/ I GOT ME THE EPSON VARYIN COOTER!!!

1625611657078.png

Last edited:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
red/southern states you just know the US will have its very own homegrown variant(s) percolating on the horizon. They better start lernin' their greek alphabet!
Nah. No need for Greek letters. Cousin ince$t variant will do just fine.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a tad concerning ... Pfizer Vaccine Less Effective Against Delta Infections but Prevents Severe Illness, Israeli Data Show

With all those idiots not getting vaccinated in the red/southern states you just know the US will have its very own homegrown variant(s) percolating on the horizon. They better start lernin' their greek alphabet!

Now I wish they had saved "Beta" for us. All those southern fried boys being told they are betas would have been priceless.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His t-shirt says "I'm stupid with stupid"

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
78% is probably as good as it will get.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
78% is probably as good as it will get.

Yeah, but even if we can nudge that up to 80% with a second dose (I mean, if you got the first dose, it stands to reason you would go get a second dose), I think we'll be in pretty good shape.