• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simple solution to almost every problem - less people. Energy needs, homelessness, global warming, food/water issues, etc. Have 1 kid for two generations worldwide and it would solve SO many problems. You can have a person that never recycles, eats beef every meal, and drives a truck that gets 8 mpgs, and if you have 1 or zero kids, your environmental impact is nothing compared to someone that recycles, is a vegetarian, and drives an electric car... if they have 4 kids.

Tax structures need to be changed to tax children after your first one. Second child - there's a cost. Third child - gonna get steep. Fourth/fifth child? Shit, you like to be punished don't you!

It's the magic bullet to so many problems and it's a policy area we never talk about. We're going to have to start because controlling it in a structured way is much better than the famine, pandemics, natural disasters, water/food shortages, etc. that will result if we don't. Those will control the population in awful ways that are much more economically damaging, unpredictable, and destabilizing. And we've seen that destabilizing situations cause extremism to rise, economic uncertainty, and suffering. Time to start talking about this, but if the Republican rhetoric to ya know... solar power, is that it's a job killing job killer I can't imagine what fuckwads they'd be about population control.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple solution to almost every problem - less people. Energy needs, homelessness, global warming, food/water issues, etc. Have 1 kid for two generations worldwide and it would solve SO many problems. You can have a person that never recycles, eats beef every meal, and drives a truck that gets 8 mpgs, and if you have 1 or zero kids, your environmental impact is nothing compared to someone that recycles, is a vegetarian, and drives an electric car... if they have 4 kids.

Tax structures need to be changed to tax children after your first one. Second child - there's a cost. Third child - gonna get steep. Fourth/fifth child? Shit, you like to be punished don't you!

It's the magic bullet to so many problems and it's a policy area we never talk about. We're going to have to start because controlling it in a structured way is much better than the famine, pandemics, natural disasters, water/food shortages, etc. that will result if we don't. Those will control the population in awful ways that are much more economically damaging, unpredictable, and destabilizing. And we've seen that destabilizing situations cause extremism to rise, economic uncertainty, and suffering. Time to start talking about this, but if the Republican rhetoric to ya know... solar power, is that it's a job killing job killer I can't imagine what fuckwads they'd be about population control.

Sounds like you are R.C. Christian. :)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you are R.C. Christian. :)

Had never heard of that, but having read the principles... not a bad jumping off point (though I don't think we have to reduce to 500 million, couple bills might be a much better situation though). ;)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that they have to downplay their predecessors as much as possible (not that it's a difficult thing to do) in order to make their own plans look as good as possible in comparison but I'm not understanding the lack of pushback on these claims:

- It's been common knowledge since basically the pandemic started that there was very little centralized planning from the Trump Administration on preventing the spread and vaccinations beyond "get the doses to the states". Congress knew this, House Dems sure knew this, and the campaign basically rode this to victory in November. Why is this now some sort of surprise and why haven't any of the people conducting these interviews asked them why this is a surprise?

- Why would there be some sort of vaccine "stockpile"? Wouldn't that indicate that they were not getting vaccines out to people who need them? Wouldn't that be much worse? If they're going to stockpile these doses for some reason can Justin ask his buddy Joe for some spare stockpile so I can maybe visit my parents sometime this year?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing big parties for Diwali moved "racialized communities disproportionately affected by COVID-19" to the front of the vaccine lines. Rewarding shitty behaviour.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Why would there be some sort of vaccine "stockpile"? Wouldn't that indicate that they were not getting vaccines out to people who need them? Wouldn't that be much worse? If they're going to stockpile these doses for some reason can Justin ask his buddy Joe for some spare stockpile so I can maybe visit my parents sometime this year?
I would hope that they are referring to the ordering and distribution strategy, like a steady ordering process that continues getting new shipments beyond what is being distributed at that moment. A "buffer" to ensure that you don't run out.

But I am not willing to bet on that being what they mean.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope that they are referring to the ordering and distribution strategy, like a steady ordering process that continues getting new shipments beyond what is being distributed at that moment. A "buffer" to ensure that you don't run out.

But I am not willing to bet on that being what they mean.
Yeah there was that story about Trump not taking Pfizer up on an offer to buy 100 million extra doses at first refusal. Maybe that's what it meant.

But I get the vibe they just mean there wasn't a buncha shots left in these super freezers for a "just in case" even worse nightmare scenario than we're already in and if there were I'm pretty sure people would be pretty upset about that?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
US has gone over 500K COVID-10 deaths today. It was almost a year ago when it was 15 cases that would soon go down to zero.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
US has gone over 500K COVID-10 deaths today. It was almost a year ago when it was 15 cases that would soon go down to zero.

Even the “if we only get to 100,000 deaths we’ll have a done a good job” has been blown out of the water.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all this nursing home stuff is true, Cuomo should resign.

See how easy that is when you have principles, Republicans.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should be enough to put the most at risk population into safety and stem the tide so we can start living somewhat normally again. I hope it holds. This has never not sucked but since the start of the year I gotta say this thing has really taken over my psyche.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koronavirus romutti Rasmus Ristolaisen kunnon – NHL-tähti on käynyt syvissä vesissä: ”Ei tiennyt herääkö tässä enää aamulla”

The coronavirus scrapped the condition of Rasmus Ristolainen - the NHL star has been in deep water: "Didn't know if he would wake up here in the morning"​

Rasmus Ristolainen has suffered from severe coronary symptoms.

THE TIMING COULD NOT HAVE been worse.

Rasmus Ristolainen, the Finnish star of Buffalo Sabers, who will play in the NHL for the eighth season, played hockey for the rest of his life at the end of January. After a long break, my own game slipped better than ever and the enjoyment of the sport was at its peak again, but everything stopped like a brick wall in early February.

On February 2, Ristolainen's name appeared on the NHL's Corona Quarantine List. Ristolainen, 26, was one of the Sabers players diagnosed with a coronavirus infection.

A torturous recovery period began, during which the Turku defender has occasionally visited the deep waters.

- Yes, there have been all the possible symptoms. Sometimes there have been harsh conditions, but we are alive. What I've been talking with others around the league, anyone has not had the same conditions as I have because of this, Ristolainen says Ilta-Sanomat.
- When the oxygen levels were measured from the finger, they had dropped quite badly. Anyway, he got tired all the time as soon as he did something. After a couple of days, the coronary symptoms had already gotten better, and I thought I was starting to get better from this, but after that came more chest pains and other symptoms.

Ristolainen was subjected to new examinations due to chest and heart pain.

- Sometimes there were quite disturbed states of being. When there was chest pain, it felt like my heart was cracking as I walked up the stairs. A couple of evenings there were such conditions when I went to bed that I didn’t know if I woke up here anymore in the morning. That's when he thought that hopefully this wasn't here now, Ristolainen describes.

THE ENTIRE SABERS team was quarantined in early February. The team returned to action on February 14, but without their number one defender. Ristolainen last played on January 31 against the New Jersey Devils.

Prior to the Devils matches, the Sabers organization asked the NHL for more information on the health status of the Devils players, but the league refused to share the information further. At worst, more than half of the Devils players were on the quarantine list.

- It's a pointless infection in the sense that the New Jersey team had infections before those games, but we were still put to play, Ristolainen says.

Ristolainen does not want to anoint his situation, but admits that the timing is particularly difficult. After a year's break, it initially took a while to get fit, but after that Ristolainen got an excellent shot and shone as his team's number one defender.

- If ever it comes corona, so of course it comes to such a stage, when I'm done with Momentum. There was a feeling that exactly whatever evening or match it was, it worked, there was a good feeling to play and there was a feeling that you can’t fail. That's what a hockey player always strives for.

- I played against New Jersey in both games for 27 minutes and the playing felt good and I wasn’t tired at all and now it’s in this mess. When I return at some point, the early season and that momentum is no longer of any use at that point. In that sense, you have to start from a clean slate again, says Ristolainen.
NOW THE WORST coronary symptoms are behind us. Ristolainen went to the ice for the first time on Thursday to take a feel.

- Now the situation is quite good. I got a clean bill of health from doctors, but I'm physically at the moment so weak that this is still a long way to get to playing condition. Little by little the built in game condition, but I still do not know when I'm back askissa.

Ristolainen wants to use his own example to say that the coronavirus must be taken seriously. At its worst, it can hit a young, top-notch athlete in canvas for weeks, as happened to Ristolainen.

- I have a whole league to get a fit and lifestyles are the last on the right, but still this disease can strike and wreck everything. People have asked about the return schedule a bit in the style that it was as if I had some flu. You don't have to play here for a moment now. This is a pretty serious disease, Ristolainen says.

- The after-symptoms of Korona include getting tired all the time. Right now, I just sleep most of the time. I go to bed at eight in the evenings. After a 12-hour night’s sleep, I feel like I have slept for five minutes. I go to the hall during the day to sweat and come home to sleep. Not quite an ideal situation, but it doesn't help.

Ristolainen does not dare to paint the exact return schedule yet.

- If all goes well, you could probably think about returning somewhere next week, but let's look at it now. The team is currently on a guest trip. Now, it’s really a great situation for everyone to get into training and realize how bad the condition is right now. There is enough to do, Ristolainen announces.

- Frustrating situation, but I haven't gone through the easiest before. These experiences only confirm. The challenges are always nice. At least there are enough of them here now.

Translated via Google translate...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that this parking charge will be greatly reduced, how can you expect anyone to be on the hook for something out of their control like this current pandemic?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I have a feeling that this parking charge will be greatly reduced, how can you expect anyone to be on the hook for something out of their control like this current pandemic?

she had better check the mileage

ferris buellers day off loop GIF

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol fuck that guy. If he owns that land it's worth at the very least 8 figures and quite possibly 9 considering the size of the plot. He's just a cocksucker.

That said, why did she have to re-route her flight? I doubt CBSA wouldn't have let her in to get her car and drive directly to Detroit.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol fuck that guy. If he owns that land it's worth at the very least 8 figures and quite possibly 9 considering the size of the plot. He's just a cocksucker.

That said, why did she have to re-route her flight? I doubt CBSA wouldn't have let her in to get her car and drive directly to Detroit.
That lot owner sounds like a POS.
Anyway I was wondering why you would fly out of Toronto if living in Detroit?

That is a 2004 Honda Element, I doubt that car is even worth $2500 at this point. If she wanted she could never get it and let him deal with the abandoned vehicle.
Not sure how that legal items would work in this scenario.