• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That lot owner sounds like a POS.
Anyway I was wondering why you would fly out of Toronto if living in Detroit?

That is a 2004 Honda Element, I doubt that car is even worth $2500 at this point. If she wanted she could never get it and let him deal with the abandoned vehicle.
Not sure how that legal items would work in this scenario.
I'm not sure what flights to Europe were like from Detroit prior to this but Detroit is a big hub airport for Delta so there must've been a decent amount.

Only thing I can think of is that she was going to a smaller EU destination that had direct flights from Toronto but not Detroit that were cheaper without the connection and even more cheap because of the exchange rate, even with a couple hundred dollars in gas and parking.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what flights to Europe were like from Detroit prior to this but Detroit is a big hub airport for Delta so there must've been a decent amount.

Only thing I can think of is that she was going to a smaller EU destination that had direct flights from Toronto but not Detroit that were cheaper without the connection and even more cheap because of the exchange rate, even with a couple hundred dollars in gas and parking.
Or she was flying to Cuba.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s been a shit ton of “provinces are doing a shit job of vaccine distribution” posts by a lot of provincial opposition politicians (and some federally) and it’s a pretty shitty example of people playing politics with Covid for no reason other than to feed bullshit and misinformation to the public.

Basically every province is at about the same distribution rate and the 25% +/- being held is for second doses due to Canada’s unsteady supply (in contrast, US states are being told to just proceed with distribution without holding a reserve because they have a steady stream of doses coming in). There's definitely a few hiccups and errors but it does seem like they're doing the best they can.

It sure seems like all the premiers of our major provinces are being fed to the wolves for what is almost entirely a federal problem and I don’t think that’s any coincidence. Trudeau keeps making weekly announcements of procuring X amount of new vaccine that won't be here until November and then his underlings both in Commons and at the provincial level roast the premiers because they're the ones screwing up the federal government's hard work!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The In Laws are able to get their vaccines schedule now (78 and 77 years old), but they have to book the appointment online. And to make it "easy" they put a QR code on it and tells them to sign up for text alerts to manage the process.

My father in law still has a Motorola flip phone and has used a film camera to take photos of his computer screen and had them developed when we have emailed photos of his grandkids.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A follow-up to my post above is that BC is pushing back the second dose to 4 months (it was 42 days) in order to get the vaccine out to more people. Hopefully, the research will show that one dose may actually be all that is required.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A follow-up to my post above is that BC is pushing back the second dose to 4 months (it was 42 days) in order to get the vaccine out to more people. Hopefully, the research will show that one dose may actually be all that is required.

Watched the whole thing hoping that I could get more information for my case, people with compromised immune system.

Boy was that a mistake.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the whole thing hoping that I could get more information for my case, people with compromised immune system.

Boy was that a mistake.
Yeah, I'm kinda thinking getting doses to those people is at the very least on par with people 85 and older.

Not to be insensitive or anything but from virtually every perspective it makes more sense to keep a relatively healthy 25 - 35 year old around in the long run than a person who's already outlived the average lifespan.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm kinda thinking getting doses to those people is at the very least on par with people 85 and older.

Not to be insensitive or anything but from virtually every perspective it makes more sense to keep a relatively healthy 25 - 35 year old around in the long run than a person who's already outlived the average lifespan.

Yeah, I agree that those with underlying conditions regardless of age need to be prioritized along with our senior population. That said, the stats drive the priority in most cases and those over the age of 85 are most affected by COVID-19.

/My mom who is 90 got her first vaccine dose a couple of weeks ago.
//My father-in-law (94 years of age) should get his in a couple of weeks.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, the “friendlier” administration down south has:

- cancelled our pipeline
- refused to budge on “Buy American” bullshit
- not moved to do anything about our Michaels with China
- not going to help with our vaccine shortages while the rest of the first world gets back to normalcy

BUT THANK GOD THEY'RE BACK IN THE PARIS ACCORD SO THEY CAN MISS THEIR CLIMATE TARGETS ALONGSIDE THE REST OF US INSTEAD OF ON THEIR OWN!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, the EU considered doing this for like a day and then relented and made sure doses made their way to Canada because they realized that not helping out such a reliable global partner was kinda shitty.

I really hope whenever Junior's magical pharmacare plan is unveiled (it's been "in the works" for about as long as Trump's Obamacare replacement so not holding my breath) it restricts or outright removes Americans' ability to buy prescription drugs here. Gonna kill our seniors today? Enjoy digging graves for your own down the road because your shit ass health system means their heart medication has a 5000% markup on what it costs in Flin Flon. At least if he has any fucking nuts at all that's what he'll do.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What i meant I'm in group 3 because of Kidney transplant. I understand the need for the 70-79 to know what to do and when they can get it but do it for all not for some.

I'm confused about when I can apply for the Vaccine