• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cincinnati Coronas Hockey

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should also add that some of this is out of Junior's control, I mean contracts are in place, but if people don't abide by the contracts, that's not really the PM's fault. Now you can argue that he probably should have had contingencies in place which is valid.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should also add that some of this is out of Junior's control, I mean contracts are in place, but if people don't abide by the contracts, that's not really the PM's fault. Now you can argue that he probably should have had contingencies in place which is valid.
Well he started the process to get vaccines from the COVAX program that was set up so third world countries could get doses, which okay isn't ideal but considering how much money we put into the damn program I don't find completely unreasonable when our own supply is being put at risk, and the opposition wholesale shit on him for stealing vaccines from poor people lol.

Again, I'd like to know when conversations were first had about potentially facilitating domestic vaccine production and what those conversations entailed because it's kind of ridiculous we just kinda sat back and allowed our ability to beat this thing to rest in the hands of the EU and US, but we are where we are and I don't really give a shit what has to be done to bump up our supply - it's not like we can't replace the doses we're withdrawing from COVAX once shipments are regular and we aren't the only first-world country accessing it (NZ and Singapore, among others, are doing so as well).

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first sitting Congressman has died from COVID - Rep. Ron Wright (R-Tex.).

He and his wife both contracted COVID and he had been ill with it for about 3 weeks. He was 67.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jokiharju and Miller - only roster dmen available.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jokiharju and Miller - only roster dmen available.

Wow - talk about shorthanded.

A few thoughts on the NHL's season:
  • It's a shame that the league provided a sterling example of how this could work last season and then changed their format from that success to something clearly struggling.
  • It's absurd to think that "on ice transmission" wouldn't be possible with guys breathing hard all over each other in close proximity. The benches alone are probably worse than any sport.
  • Finally, whatever was true almost a year ago may not continue to work if more transmissible strains become prevalent. So it's possible that tactics that worked before won't work now.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I'm still mad at him for throwing when handing off to Lynch was the call.

Wouldn't have worked.

tenor.gif

;)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries.

I would sooner kiss Lindy Ruff on the mouth than visit a buffet or salad bar.

Things actually have started trending better. They got through the nursing homes and hospitals with Vaccine and that made a dent. Schools here are back to in person March 8. Every educator should be vaccinated by then. Word is general public should be able to get vaccines by April. Fingers crossed.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries.

Things actually have started trending better. They got through the nursing homes and hospitals with Vaccine and that made a dent. Schools here are back to in person March 8. Every educator should be vaccinated by then. Word is general public should be able to get vaccines by April. Fingers crossed.
I am right there with you. I barely ever did these prior and going forward never again.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries.

I am right there with you. I barely ever did these prior and going forward never again.
Seriously. Visited a Ryan's once right after I moved to Charlotte. Didn't know what it was and Google on your phone wasn't a thing yet (get off my lawn!). I'm still haunted by the memory.

For those outside of the south, Ryan's was basically the (very) poor man's Golden Corral. And if you don't know what a Golden Corral is, consider yourself lucky.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. Visited a Ryan's once right after I moved to Charlotte. Didn't know what it was and Google on your phone wasn't a thing yet (get off my lawn!). I'm still haunted by the memory.

For those outside of the south, Ryan's was basically the (very) poor man's Golden Corral. And if you don't know what a Golden Corral is, consider yourself lucky.
Like you that's how I found out about Ryan's. I think you needed a tetanus shot upon entering.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my in-laws might be getting their first dose of the vaccine in the next three weeks or so.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This reminds me of a quote from a phone call late last summer when my parents (in their 70s) who were still eating out occasionally... “If I’m gonna die, it’s not gonna because I just couldn’t resist the urge to eat at a fucking Chili’s.”