• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking this morning, our D might be better, worse, or the same as last year; however we know in a sense what we have though. Even if we improve the pass rush, do we really want to have the D on the field much?

With this being said if Chris Johnson came at about 4MM a year, I'd sign him. I'd have he and Murray run 15 times a game with a little mix of Dunbar for about 5 carries a game, I'd have Romo only throw 25-30 times a game, this controls the clock. We could go in i form and 12 man and if we need could run Escobar out of the slot in the 12 man. This would play into our strengths by limiting how many times WR's outside of Dez and Twill play, limit potential for Romo mistakes, and keep the D fresh, limit the probability for giving up big plays, and keep the other team's O out of sync. Only question is will CJ2K come reasonable or costly. If he comes around that 4MM a year range I say it's worth a flyer.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. Don't really like him as a player. Not a need, 4MM a year is too much for him. Don't think he'd have much of an impact with the team. I'm against signing FA RB. You can find a capable back in the draft pretty easily imo. RB is a position you should never have to spend a lot of money on.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Unless you have AP type talent.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett doesn't run enough. Johnson will be a waste of money.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett doesn't run enough. Johnson will be a waste of money.

:agree: lil red doesn't even know how to use the weapons he has. Signing CJ would be almost as worse as drafting a TE in the second round.......:gaah:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to realize Nets loves to have "toys" on Offense. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not my thing with this team's current makeup. I take Murray over CJ straight up and see no reason to spend that much cap space on another RB. I also really like Dunbar and it was ridiculous how little we used him last year. I think he is the perfect compliment to Murray. I can't say I have much use for Randle, but as of right now he is a number 3 on a team that doesn't run too much, so I am fine with him serving that role for this year while we decide if he is a keeper or not.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: lil red doesn't even know how to use the weapons he has. Signing CJ would be almost as worse as drafting a TE in the second round.......:gaah:

JJ makes the draft decisions so don't blame Red

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this on blogging the boys last night. My opinion is mixed on one hand he's damaged goods even though he's never had a season that he's gone for less than a 1000 yrds. On the other hand he could extend Murrays health or if Murray gets injured you have 1B ready to perform. I like Nets love having offensive toys too lol. He would have to come at the right price though.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who does he take receptions away from & give to Escobar?

That's the question you need to ask the lil genius, he was onboard with the 12 personnel. Trying to copy what the Pats do, that was the main reasoning behind the Escobar pick.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to stop trying to please every swinging whining dick and call plays that's best for the TEAM.

He can start by running the DAMN ball & understanding situational football! :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's so much that I like toys on the O as much as I feel that we will either have to put up 35 a game to win with this D or shorten the game by running more. I think we are closer to dominating on O than on D, so why not at least dominate where we can? In all honesty I'd take a great D over great O any day, it's just we are far from a great D and a lot closer to a great O.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's so much that I like toys on the O as much as I feel that we will either have to put up 35 a game to win with this D or shorten the game by running more. I think we are closer to dominating on O than on D, so why not at least dominate where we can? In all honesty I'd take a great D over great O any day, it's just we are far from a great D and a lot closer to a great O.

Im gonna agree with you and disagree with you both.

Agree with you on.

Cause I suggested the move up for Watkins.... Which would give us the firepower you are talking about.
(On a side note... it would give us leverage on Dez's next contract as well and that's if you don't trade Dez for extra picks after you get Watkins) But keeping both plus Williams and the other weapons we have ..... I think gives us the potential to be the greatest offense ever.

Now where I disagree.
Johnson has more than lost a step.
Got paid and hasn't been the same player since
We really don't run the ball enough to justify trading for him
We don't pass to our running backs enough to justify trading for him

and here is the big one

How in the hell would we pay him? I dont think he will play for a slim jim and a snickers.

Garrett is gonna throw the ball .... We all know that. I don't see him doing a 360 next year. and changing us to a running team.

That's why I don't understand this post......... Especially from you of all people. This is something I would expect out of Nate

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna agree with you and disagree with you both.

Agree with you on.

Cause I suggested the move up for Watkins.... Which would give us the firepower you are talking about.
(On a side note... it would give us leverage on Dez's next contract as well and that's if you don't trade Dez for extra picks after you get Watkins) But keeping both plus Williams and the other weapons we have ..... I think gives us the potential to be the greatest offense ever.

Now where I disagree.
Johnson has more than lost a step.
Got paid and hasn't been the same player since
We really don't run the ball enough to justify trading for him
We don't pass to our running backs enough to justify trading for him

and here is the big one

How in the hell would we pay him? I dont think he will play for a slim jim and a snickers.

Garrett is gonna throw the ball .... We all know that. I don't see him doing a 360 next year. and changing us to a running team.

That's why I don't understand this post......... Especially from you of all people. This is something I would expect out of Nate

I'm telling you someone hacked nets account. It's either that or I had/have so much respect for his cap knowledge I didn't thin twice when he talked non-cap issues. These last few days his ideas are scary bad.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can start by running the DAMN ball & understanding situational football! :suds:

It's not so much that he doesn't run the ball, or that he gives up on the run too early. It has more to do with the fact that he gives up on the run when the damn run game is working. We'll be getting chunks of yards and firsts downs in the first half and red come out in the 2nd not knowing who our RB is.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you someone hacked nets account. It's either that or I had/have so much respect for his cap knowledge I didn't thin twice when he talked non-cap issues. These last few days his ideas are scary bad.

Never know what someone has going on in life outside of these boards.........

Last few weeks have been the opposite of what I've seen of Nets in the past

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much that he doesn't run the ball, or that he gives up on the run too early. It has more to do with the fact that he gives up on the run when the damn run game is working. We'll be getting chunks of yards and firsts downs in the first half and red come out in the 2nd not knowing who our RB is.

Thats why for the most part Ex Qbs make shitty OCs

Peyton pulls it off better than any other in NO

And JH in SanFran ..... but he preaches football like he played it .... running game and defense.... He's an old school throw back

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw his post on this thread this morning I thougt too it was a little wierd. The again he does have some points. Anxious to see his response to what you wrote. Pday and him mixed words yesterday, as we all do, so I thought maybe he was just jabbing a little but maybe not. Nets knows his stuff well