• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Johnson

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he was just jabbing a little but maybe not. Nets knows his stuff well

I thought that too......

but 6 weeks later? We are still having this conversation about him

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ would be under used and over payed for the impact he would have on the team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you someone hacked nets account. It's either that or I had/have so much respect for his cap knowledge I didn't thin twice when he talked non-cap issues. These last few days his ideas are scary bad.

I disagree with his post, but I don't see any problem with him thinking its a good idea. Nets is a restructure now to create space this year and sign players now kind of guy. I am the opposite, but it doesn't mean my way is right. So, I get his line of thinking (just like I got Twist's on the Watkins thread) even though I disagree with it. In order to win a Football game you need to score more points than your opponent. You can win 50-47 or 3-0 and both count the same. You can win with the greatest QB in history and no defense, or with Trent Dilfer and a great defesne. There is no RIGHT way to build a team. I just personally feel that in a cap world you need to dedicate your biggest resources (FAs and draft picks) to strengthening your weakest links and I think if you have both Murra yand CJ, neither is going to be happy.

I've disagreed with Nets more often than I agree with him for a couple of years now. I still like to read his opinion because he always has a reason for it. If you know me, you know that if I comment on your post it means I like to read it. He doesn't throw something out there and then throw out the opposite the next post. We see things a little different, but what I like most about these boards is seeing different opinions that I think are well thought out and not just people reading a headline and saying sign this guy or soemthing else that has no merit whatsoever. The other guy I always seemed to disagree with but always liked to read what he said was RomoMVP (where is he?). I want to say I disagreed with 90% of his opinions, but I always read what he said because it was well thought out.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with his post, but I don't see any problem with him thinking its a good idea. Nets is a restructure now to create space this year and sign players now kind of guy. I am the opposite, but it doesn't mean my way is right. So, I get his line of thinking (just like I got Twist's on the Watkins thread) even though I disagree with it. In order to win a Football game you need to score more points than your opponent. You can win 50-47 or 3-0 and both count the same. You can win with the greatest QB in history and no defense, or with Trent Dilfer and a great defesne. There is no RIGHT way to build a team. I just personally feel that in a cap world you need to dedicate your biggest resources (FAs and draft picks) to strengthening your weakest links and I think if you have both Murra yand CJ, neither is going to be happy.

I've disagreed with Nets more often than I agree with him for a couple of years now. I still like to read his opinion because he always has a reason for it. If you know me, you know that if I comment on your post it means I like to read it. He doesn't throw something out there and then throw out the opposite the next post. We see things a little different, but what I like most about these boards is seeing different opinions that I think are well thought out and not just people reading a headline and saying sign this guy or soemthing else that has no merit whatsoever. The other guy I always seemed to disagree with but always liked to read what he said was RomoMVP (where is he?). I want to say I disagreed with 90% of his opinions, but I always read what he said because it was well thought out.

I like reading Nets post too, it just seams like his recent out of the box ideas have never seen a box. I'm not saying Nets doesn't know his stuff. He does. I just see zero reason to think about bringing in Johnson to this current team. I expect this idea from Nate not Nets.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it this way. Nate will say this to get an reaction. Nets wouldn't meaning Nets really thinks it's doable and a good idea. Not saying I know more about football than Nets but I can't see why or how we can consider CJ.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson was the pick I wanted when we took Felix and Jenkins. I remember arguing with Fry and Logan that Johnson would be the best back in the bunch. Back at the mouse ears fry wanted McFadden Logan wanted Mendenhall. Still that that but Im not for bringing Johnson in even on the cheap that ship has sailed and we need to much to get to the SB. Not just 1 player away.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson was the pick I wanted when we took Felix and Jenkins. I remember arguing with Fry and Logan that Johnson would be the best back in the bunch. Back at the mouse ears fry wanted McFadden Logan wanted Mendenhall. Still that that but Im not for bringing Johnson in even on the cheap that ship has sailed and we need to much to get to the SB. Not just 1 player away.

LOL I remember that

and me and Dirk ( where is he now?) both wanted Rice

Remember Mendenhall coments being eaten up with "Barber Clone"

and the cries and screams for a back that could "take it to the house any play"

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't want Felix, but I did want Kenny Phillips and even though I still think he was the best pick for us based on need/skill set...that didn't work out too good either because of his injury, so I can't say my way would have been right.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want Felix, but I did want Kenny Phillips and even though I still think he was the best pick for us based on need/skill set...that didn't work out too good either because of his injury, so I can't say my way would have been right.

my way would have definitely been wrong. I wanted Mendenhall :shocked: :doh:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't set on any RB. As long as we got one to share caries with Barber. The two I didn't want was Mcfadden (trade up cost too high) and Mendenhall. (Too much like Barber.)