• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Draft stuff

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proposing we add a thread to keep track of strictly draft related content, news, opinion and speculation. Of course add everyone's mock drafts, pet cats they wish become 'Boys and dudes we hope don't fall into enemy territory.

I'll start by adding my 2 cents that I sure hope we grab an O lineman at 24. Our D was good enough once we got guys healthy. Problem was our offense more often down the stretch. Anyone with a decent set of D tackles wrecked us. Adding youth and beef to the line will help the run game get back off the ground. The draft is deep at CB, DE/edge and WRs, so my reasoning takes into consideration that those positions can slide down the list a little in this draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm hoping for one of the Georgia front 7 defenders in round 1. I see DT/LB as equally troublesome to C and OG and I think the value is going to be there on defense at that spot. I'm also hoping we move Collins to LG. This team has spent enough on Offense to expect them to pull their weight. We need to put together a defense that allows us to let Parsons do his thing and play all over the field. In the games where we couldn't do that (like the SF game) you could see how much less of an impact he had on the game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm hoping for one of the Georgia front 7 defenders in round 1. I see DT/LB as equally troublesome to C and OG and I think the value is going to be there on defense at that spot. I'm also hoping we move Collins to LG.
I agree and IMO Collins is a better NFL guard than tackle. Lazy at times plays better inside.

No substitute for old fashion desire to be the best player a player can be. Steele seems all about that from the different reports of his work ethic to be a better player.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proposing we add a thread to keep track of strictly draft related content, news, opinion and speculation. Of course add everyone's mock drafts, pet cats they wish become 'Boys and dudes we hope don't fall into enemy territory.

I'll start by adding my 2 cents that I sure hope we grab an O lineman at 24. Our D was good enough once we got guys healthy. Problem was our offense more often down the stretch. Anyone with a decent set of D tackles wrecked us. Adding youth and beef to the line will help the run game get back off the ground. The draft is deep at CB, DE/edge and WRs, so my reasoning takes into consideration that those positions can slide down the list a little in this draft.
Kenyon Green,,Nakobe Dean,, Devonte Wyatt are 3 that i like. Jarnnt put Wyatts name out there and i had no clue about him. He likely goes late first round. Pet cats: Green and Dean. If green gone and Nakobe is there then i would do it. Green is a flat out beast. He dont get bullrushed and would be a major upgrade to the line. Green would add much needed physicality to the line. Future pro bowler IMO.

Dean could drop because of his size. Dean looks like a future pro bowler. Great instincts and very smart player. Very good speed. Dean is also great blitzer.

I know Lloyd is rated higher in lots of mocks,but i prefer Dean. I am going to throw a brick through the TV if we draft a wideout and Green or Dean are still there.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenyon Green,,Nakobe Dean,, Devonte Wyatt are 3 that i like. Jarnnt put Wyatts name out there and i had no clue about him. He likely goes late first round. Pet cats: Green and Dean. If green gone and Nakobe is there then i would do it. Green is a flat out beast. He dont get bullrushed and would be a major upgrade to the line. Green would add much needed physicality to the line. Future pro bowler IMO.

Dean could drop because of his size. Dean looks like a future pro bowler. Great instincts and very smart player. Very good speed. Dean is also great blitzer.

I know Lloyd is rated higher in lots of mocks,but i prefer Dean. I am going to throw a brick through the TV if we draft a wideout and Green or Dean are still there.
Buy a cheap tv on craigslist to use your brick on

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm hoping for one of the Georgia front 7 defenders in round 1. I see DT/LB as equally troublesome to C and OG and I think the value is going to be there on defense at that spot. I'm also hoping we move Collins to LG. This team has spent enough on Offense to expect them to pull their weight. We need to put together a defense that allows us to let Parsons do his thing and play all over the field. In the games where we couldn't do that (like the SF game) you could see how much less of an impact he had on the game.
The speed of that Georgia defense was amazing, especially that Linebacker. I would be happy with any of them. I was really impressed.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lawd this draft class is fast. Couple of the guys that caught my attention over the weekend that I knew nothing about:
QB turned LB from Montana St. Troy Anderson, mountain of a TE Virginia's Jelani Woods, super athletic NDst WR Christian Watson.
I'm now putting a face and name to the OLineman I want. Trevor Penning. He's probably best to start at guard, but eventually take a tackle spot when one is open.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are now probably going to lose DLaw and Cooper so we might as well shift to the rebuild mode and expect at best a 8-8 record this coming season

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are now probably going to lose DLaw and Cooper so we might as well shift to the rebuild mode and expect at best a 8-8 record this coming season
Jerry will never go full rebuild mode. There were years where rebuilding made much more sense than today and he never got close to trying. He'll retool and hope.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame on us if we gave a non top 5 QB $40M per year and go into rebuild mode. Those two things just don't go together. Plus, Jerry isn't getting any younger and there is no chance he is giving up a few years because he always thinks we are one player away...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me stupid, many do, BUT

I'd rather REACH for a talent than a perceived major need at 24. IF McClay thinks a guy will be successful pro, plug & play starter and impactful for this team, even with the player rated late first/early to mid 2nd. DRAFT HIM. I don't want a first-round guard. I don't think Jerry can pull another Martin out at 24.

I will say, IF Tyler Linderbaum falls as a few have predicted, draft him, I just don't see it happening.

I'm wrong more than right on calls before the wear an NFL uni, but other than the 4 Georgia boys, I really like Boye Mafe, DE Minnesota. I don't think he has a first-round grade but he won't be there when we pick in round two. Course, I fully expect Jerry to push his chair up to the table and announce our defense is fixed, thus draft WR round one and guard in round 2. :L

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me stupid, many do, BUT

I'd rather REACH for a talent than a perceived major need at 24. IF McClay thinks a guy will be successful pro, plug & play starter and impactful for this team, even with the player rated late first/early to mid 2nd. DRAFT HIM. I don't want a first-round guard. I don't think Jerry can pull another Martin out at 24.

I will say, IF Tyler Linderbaum falls as a few have predicted, draft him, I just don't see it happening.

I'm wrong more than right on calls before the wear an NFL uni, but other than the 4 Georgia boys, I really like Boye Mafe, DE Minnesota. I don't think he has a first-round grade but he won't be there when we pick in round two. Course, I fully expect Jerry to push his chair up to the table and announce our defense is fixed, thus draft WR round one and guard in round 2. :L
Depends on the length of the reach.

I'm a firm believer in BPA with need factored in.

If BPA is a G or OT you take him. If BPA is a RB and QB while 4 or 5 slits down is a need player you reach down to that need.

I don't see WR as a need especially in the 1st.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell this to jerry

tell him, Calvin Austin in the 2nd if he has to go skill offensive position player early
If Jerry would listen to some here on the hoop the Cowboys would be a better team.

This I have no doubt.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the length of the reach.

I'm a firm believer in BPA with need factored in.

If BPA is a G or OT you take him. If BPA is a RB and QB while 4 or 5 slits down is a need player you reach down to that need.

I don't see WR as a need especially in the 1st.
i would be happy with Green at 24 and Sam Williams at 56.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be happy with Green at 24 and Sam Williams at 56.
I got a list of guys that i like in the 1st round. Keep in mind i am not listing guys who i think will be gone. My list is guys who i think possibly could be there Green, Zion Johnson,Linderbaum,Boye Mafe,Nakobe Dean. There are recievers i do like, but screw that. I think the two DT from Georgia will both be drafted before 24.. i like Sam Williams in 2nd or 3rd round. The only player i think i would consider trading up for in 1st is Stingley Jr.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a list of guys that i like in the 1st round. Keep in mind i am not listing guys who i think will be gone. My list is guys who i think possibly could be there Green, Zion Johnson,Linderbaum,Boye Mafe,Nakobe Dean. There are recievers i do like, but screw that. I think the two DT from Georgia will both be drafted before 24.. i like Sam Williams in 2nd or 3rd round. The only player i think i would consider trading up for in 1st is Stingley Jr.
i do too. i have a list of 5 for each draft spot. i wouldn't consider trading up or down but i would try to find a team that might consider trading an extra 2nd round in this draft for our 2nd in 2023 plus maybe our second in 2024.

if we are successful in trading for anther 2nd i would draft Trey McBride TE with it

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I leave it to you guys. I have really no clue about most of the players in this draft. Just not really excited this year. I guess I am just jerryed out.