• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs Week

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bmarsh should sit he's been playing with a torn rotator cuff
Sounds Like Lynch's decision to not play last week was his and his pain tolerance

I agree with this. BMarsha has played hurt all year. I love the heart, but might be time to get an early start on the offseason. It may cost him a paycut this year too.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Renk beat writer for Denver who is a straight forward journalist said in passing yesterday that it came down to Lynch if he wanted to play last week . He mentally was not prepared to play through the pain was what Troy said.

Sad that the other two QBs from 2016 are leading their teams and our guy has really bad optics.

At this point I think Elway just wants to know if he's worth keeping on the roster next year

Last edited:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

I am not sure what goes on with he and trainers, but I do know when you are a first rd pick and everyone gives up on you, you need to do whatever you can to win your teammates over..

If you can play hurt you gain the respect, if the doctor doesn't clear you though then well.... you have no say.

He was active and suited up in Washington, so I think he was cleared to play. The coaches made it sound like it came down to his pain tolerance. I don't think any of us will ever know for sure what is said behind closed doors but in his public interviews, he just doesn't seem to have any passion for getting on the field. It's weird to me. I would think with all the "bust" talk, he'd be dying to get out there and prove everyone wrong.

Anyway, he'll start on Sunday but I expect that will be his last game as the Broncos starting QB. Sad, really.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I am with you there. I don't think he is a long term solution for us as most know, never been high on he or Siemian.

Just not sure how healthy he was on Sunday if that was on him or a coaching decision to use him in emergency use only due to not being 100%.

I get people want to lose, but we are still trying to win football games here.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jerry Maguire Bowl this weekend

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bmarsh should sit he's been playing with a torn rotator cuff
Sounds Like Lynch's decision to not play last week was his and his pain tolerance

He had a cracked bone .

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes starting for the Chiefs.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he had is damn hard to come back from in a season . HS you might be able to play . His game is his legs and with that crap ass line I am not going to knock him or the coaches

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it sounds like to me the plan all week was to start him last week but it was determined he wasn't healthy enough.

Sometimes you just can't play and help your team hurt no matter how bad someone wants to play or needs to play.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OZ got hammered during that game .

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OZ got hammered during that game .
If Oz got hammered what about Cousins
Oz hit 5 times
Cousins 10 times and threw 3 TDs
Everyone in the NFL is hurt and playing through pain in week 17
That's the reality of the NFL
Might not be rigth but this is what an NFL player signs up for

At this point Lynch is an afterthought . This is all about Elway wanting Lynch to play for some reason

Go listen to Derek Wolfe 1043 the fan if you want to find out what an NFL player goes through to play in a game
He played a whole game without any feeing in his rigth arm. Was it smart idk but he said that is NFL football and he knows you play hurt

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oz got hammered what about Cousins
Oz hit 5 times
Cousins 10 times and threw 3 TDs
Everyone in the NFL is hurt and playing through pain in week 17
That's the reality of the NFL
Might not be rigth but this is what an NFL player signs up for

At this point Lynch is an afterthought . This is all about Elway wanting Lynch to play for some reason

In Elway's first couple years I will put you down as he was a bust in your eyes ..

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Elway's first couple years I will put you down as he was a bust in your eyes ..
What the fook are you spewing?
Year two Elway went 13-3. We are at the end of year two with Lynch and not 13-3
Lynch is an anchor around this team and still trying to decide what he is

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fook are you spewing?
Year two Elway went 13-3. We are at the end of year two with Lynch and not 13-3
Lynch is an anchor around this team and still trying to decide what he is

By the end of year 2 Elway played in 26 games, Lynch has played 4. The team was sticking with Elway at QB good or bad(and he looked bad year 1) whereas Lynch didn't get that. Maybe if he played all of last year and we fed him to the wolves like we did Elway he would've shown some improvement. Instead you give him very little practice and game time and wonder why he hasn't progressed.

We drafted a 3 year prospect knowing full well that's what he was and yet didn't even stick with what we agreed upon. Everyone knew Lynch was raw and yet know that he's showing that it's somehow a surprise.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the end of year 2 Elway played in 26 games, Lynch has played 4. The team was sticking with Elway at QB good or bad(and he looked bad year 1) whereas Lynch didn't get that. Maybe if he played all of last year and we fed him to the wolves like we did Elway he would've shown some improvement. Instead you give him very little practice and game time and wonder why he hasn't progressed.

We drafted a 3 year prospect knowing full well that's what he was and yet didn't even stick with what we agreed upon. Everyone knew Lynch was raw and yet know that he's showing that it's somehow a surprise.

Great points, Duffman! However, the league has changed and some teams don't seem to have the patience for that approach. It seems like the general consensus was that the Broncos had a top flight defense and they didn't want to waste that while grooming a rookie QB. In hindsight, that was the wrong approach but it made sense to many at the beginning of the season. Who knows what Paxton Lynch could be after 20-30 games but I'm afraid he's not going to get that chance now.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are correct no one can see any coherent development plan for Lynch.
For whatever reason , Kubiak did not want to play Lynch which is bad when you're not on the same page.

Last year in TC the buzzword from Elway was we want to "microwave" Paxton's development. I guess after feeding him an NFL playbook they realize he had issues even calling plays in the huddle.
I know in SF , shanahan has two plays called each time with a "can it" so the QB has to be somewhat smart.

The 4 and 5 win teams in SF and HOU have high hopes and a clear direction

Last edited:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kubes would of thrown Lynch to the wolves , Lynch wouldn't even be on team right now. He's got a wind up that takes forever, he's not a leader and he's obviously soft. I wish him luck in his new job.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kubes would of thrown Lynch to the wolves , Lynch wouldn't even be on team right now. He's got a wind up that takes forever, he's not a leader and he's obviously soft. I wish him luck in his new job.

You are little full of yourself

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess many players were questioning Lynch's decision not to play last week
Maybe this is more of an audition to hopefully increase trade value
If they bring in a vet, he might stay but no way he's around if the draft a young guy
Maybe Denver will be down 19-0 heading into the 4th and Lynch throws 3 TDs just like John Elway for his first comeback win

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think whatever Lynch does this last week is going to win him a job for next year. I think it is simply giving him a "shot" by default. I think we all need to just quit analyzing it and realize it is what it is... He isn't the guy and he is starting this week... Maybe he is a pussy? I don't know, doesn't matter at this point.