• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL CFP SEMI-FINAL: tOSU vs Clemson

Which team advances to the CFP Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably pick Clemson, but I don't have a great deal of confidence in that choice. If we were doing it on ESPN it would be a 1 or 2 point pick for me. :noidea:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dabo and players keep saying they feel disrespected...more and more hard to believe. They are favored by 2 in this game. Ohio St should feel disrespected by this and the committee. Day should use this is as a talking point for the next 3 weeks to fire them up like Dabo did for years.

The key is going to be line or scrimmage play. Ohio St can be dominate at times: OL and DL but the last couple games they have been pretty non-existent (DL) at times. I think this will be the key. Cant let Clemson get out to a lead as well...that would only give Lawrence more confidence, the last thing Ohio St needs.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta beat the best to be the best. I think Clemson is the most balanced team in the nation. This is the team I was most worried about. I obviously wanted Ohio St to get the #1 but they get a chance to end this historic Clemson winning streak. Gotta believe.

GO BUCKEYES!!

Wonder what this line will be?
OSU +30.5?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dabo and players keep saying they feel disrespected...more and more hard to believe. They are favored by 2 in this game. Ohio St should feel disrespected by this and the committee. Day should use this is as a talking point for the next 3 weeks to fire them up like Dabo did for years.

The key is going to be line or scrimmage play. Ohio St can be dominate at times: OL and DL but the last couple games they have been pretty non-existent (DL) at times. I think this will be the key. Cant let Clemson get out to a lead as well...that would only give Lawrence more confidence, the last thing Ohio St needs.

Keep them on their toes Dabo :D
#freeAmmunition

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St should feel very very angry...Clemson is favored and everyone is picking Clemson to win, despite Clemson players and coaches trying to pump up themselves about being disrespected.

Ohio St has the Clemson card this time, I just hope Day uses it. You know Dabo will use it whether they are disrespected or not, that's just what he does.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, Clemson fans are so fucking annoying now
This good team thing is very new to them. They do not know how to handle winning and not "clemsoning".

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson. OSU will disappoint.

If they play a first half like against UWis, the score will be 35 - 0 at halftime.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson. OSU will disappoint.

If they play a first half like against UWis, the score will be 35 - 0 at halftime.

Just gonna say Wisky was limited to two quarters by their level of athleticism. Clemson will not have that limit.

That said, Clemson has not seen anyone who can match them on that level (this year) either.

This game will probably need four quarters to decide (depending on preparation and coaching).

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St should feel very very angry...Clemson is favored and everyone is picking Clemson to win, despite Clemson players and coaches trying to pump up themselves about being disrespected.

Ohio St has the Clemson card this time, I just hope Day uses it. You know Dabo will use it whether they are disrespected or not, that's just what he does.
Good luck

What Dabo does is a true art form and something that has taken him years to master

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU fans don't take this the wrong way but, the raw talent and athleticism that has been amassed by the Buckeyes has made the difference in some of your more difficult games. I do not think you have played a team this year that is near your level in those categories.

Clemson will match you in those categories. I think it will come down to execution and coaching in this game.

They definitely have every bit the same level of athletes

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A week ago, I'd have thought clearly tOSU, as they seemed dominant. Saturdays ACC CCG showed that Clemson is tired of the disrespect or perhaps lack of useful data to rate them. They seem legit now. On the other hand, tOSU's struggle in the BiG CCG has to be of concern. If they allow Clemson to jump out early, it's over for them. They each have a few weeks to prepare, so will be interesting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A week ago, I'd have thought clearly tOSU, as they seemed dominant. Saturdays ACC CCG showed that Clemson is tired of the disrespect or perhaps lack of useful data to rate them. They seem legit now. On the other hand, tOSU's struggle in the BiG CCG has to be of concern. If they allow Clemson to jump out early, it's over for them. They each have a few weeks to prepare, so will be interesting.
That's the biggest thing. Fields was clearly not healthy, and it showed in the first half. Thankfully they made adjustments. Shaun Wade was also still not fully healthy and Damon Arnette was playing with a cast on his hand. People seem to forget OSU has faced three straight top 15 teams, two of those being top 10, and they've won each game by double digits. No other team has had that kind of stretch this year, so obviously fatigue was going to settle in. If they were playing this Saturday, I'd say Clemson by 7-10. With three weeks off to get healthy and rest up, I think we're in for an amazing ballgame that could go either way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of overreaction both ways. Do I think Clemson is the best team in football right now? Actually yes I do.
Ohio St has been worn down by some key injuries and like Across the Field said, 3 big time matchups in a row. This was Wisconsin's 2nd go around. You know how difficult it is to beat an opponent twice when they have seen you once and know all your strengths and weaknesses, firsthand. Clemson has been lucky to go through an easy schedule, no key injuries and they can rest their players...it makes a difference. Nothing against them bc they can't control that but all that helps going into the CFP.

I don't know who wins this Clemson-Ohio St game but basing it off of one game isn't good. Clemson might be the toughest team Ohio St has faced in this decade tbh

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of overreaction both ways. Do I think Clemson is the best team in football right now? Actually yes I do.
Ohio St has been worn down by some key injuries and like Across the Field said, 3 big time matchups in a row. This was Wisconsin's 2nd go around. You know how difficult it is to beat an opponent twice when they have seen you once and know all your strengths and weaknesses, firsthand. Clemson has been lucky to go through an easy schedule, no key injuries and they can rest their players...it makes a difference. Nothing against them bc they can't control that but all that helps going into the CFP.

I don't know who wins this Clemson-Ohio St game but basing it off of one game isn't good. Clemson might be the toughest team Ohio St has faced in this decade tbh

Not disrespecting tOSU as they look very good. And as an OU fan, I can relate to the Clemson paranoia. They kicked our asses twice in a row, which nobody does.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the biggest points of emphasis over these next three weeks is how Hafley schemes to prepare for the inevitable storm of double and triple teams Chase Young will face. That could be the biggest difference in this game.

For as good as Clemson has been over the past couple months, they have had a very easy road offensively. Since the UNC game, the best defense they've faced is Virginia, who is 40th. That is the only top 50 defense they've seen since UNC. Now they are facing #2. For as much as this narrative exists about OSU facing their toughest defense so far, it's not that severe. Clemson is the #1 total defense in the nation, but of course it's largely against teams that will send maybe a small amount of players to the pros. Ohio State has faced five defenses this year that rate higher than any that Clemson has faced, and three of those were over the last three weeks - #6 michigan, #8 Wisconsin, and #23 Penn State. They're not Clemson, but they're obviously much better than anyone Clemson has faced. If we're able to get Young moved around to avoid double teams, I think it could be a tough day for Lawrence.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the biggest points of emphasis over these next three weeks is how Hafley schemes to prepare for the inevitable storm of double and triple teams Chase Young will face. That could be the biggest difference in this game.

For as good as Clemson has been over the past couple months, they have had a very easy road offensively. Since the UNC game, the best defense they've faced is Virginia, who is 40th. That is the only top 50 defense they've seen since UNC. Now they are facing #2. For as much as this narrative exists about OSU facing their toughest defense so far, it's not that severe. Clemson is the #1 total defense in the nation, but of course it's largely against teams that will send maybe a small amount of players to the pros. Ohio State has faced five defenses this year that rate higher than any that Clemson has faced, and three of those were over the last three weeks - #6 michigan, #8 Wisconsin, and #23 Penn State. They're not Clemson, but they're obviously much better than anyone Clemson has faced. If we're able to get Young moved around to avoid double teams, I think it could be a tough day for Lawrence.

Line of scrimmage play will decide this game, as most expect.

If that Ohio St OL can control the LOS and Dobbins can wear down that defense, this will be the key. Also, getting pressure on Lawrence throughout the game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not taking anything away from Clemson. They're a great team. But Virginia's offense is ranked 82nd. Their D is ranked 40th. They did what they were supposed to do. Clobber an inferior opponent.

Disrespect or perhaps lack of useful data to rate them? Could this possibly be why? They played 2 ranked teams all year (A & M and Virginia). And looking at their regular season conference schedule they only faced 2 teams that finished with a winning record. Louisville (7-5) & W.F. (8-4). Out of conference A & M finished 7-5. They played four P5 teams that finished below .500 (GT, Syrcause, NC St. & S. Carolina). And 3 teams that finished at .500 (Carolina, FSU & BC).

As far as Ohio State struggling. Yes in the 1st half. 2nd half they outscored Wisky 27-0 & held them to under 100 total yards.

All that being said still worried about the Fiesta Bowl. There's a reason why the Tigers have won 28 straight. Hopefully Ohio State takes care of business.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh, I don't take too much from the UW game. yeah they had a slow start but Dobbins still managed 172 yards on 5.2 YPC (Wisky gave up 3.4 YPC on the year) and Fields went 20-32 with 320 yards against one of the best pass defenses in the country (50.8% completion percentage against). Wisconsin's a good team.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a mammoth 2 vs 3 match-up. LSU got a bye so likely this will be the only decent one but maybe OU will surprise.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning towards Clemson by about 10-14 at this point.