• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs looking to swap love/mozgov for Demarcus Cousins and gay

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol this person has quite the opinion of Cousins, despite not seeing him play.

Cousins is one of the biggest mismatches in the game. Putting him next to LeBron would be outrageously good. Just watch the highlights from last Saturday's game to see his skillet. Love doesn't come near that.

It is pretty comical, they must have forgot Rudy Gay is on the team. They act like Cousins is the focal point by default, his skill is what makes him the focal point on the Kings. LeBron would be talking about giving Cousins the ball on every play if he was on his team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna start saving up all of these "Cavs will never beat the Warriors" quotes just in case. Seems like there's a few more every day. Would make for a pretty fun thread I think.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Davis is a career journeymen bench player who is on his 4th team in 7 years and has NOT ONCE broken 8 rebounds a game in a season.

Tristan Thompson, besides his rookie year, has AVERAGED 9 rebounds a year- for a career average approximately 10pts 9 boards. WHILE being- PROBABLY the 2nd best player on the Cavs playoff team that went to the Finals last season. He MIGHT be the best offensive rebounder in basketball - and is one of the very best bigs in the entire league at guarding and switching the pick and roll- which is extremely important in today's NBA- not too mention- he has athleticism and has finished some alley oops that Ed Davis only dreams of.

Its why Ed Davis is on his 4th team and has gone just went from rebuilding project to rebuilding project.

As Jack Nicholson said- Please, sell crazy elsewhere. All stocked up here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Davis is a career journeymen bench player who is on his 4th team in 7 years and has NOT ONCE broken 8 rebounds a game in a season.

Tristan Thompson, besides his rookie year, has AVERAGED 9 rebounds a year- for a career average approximately 10pts 9 boards. WHILE being- PROBABLY the 2nd best player on the Cavs playoff team that went to the Finals last season. He MIGHT be the best offensive rebounder in basketball - and is one of the very best bigs in the entire league at guarding and switching the pick and roll- which is extremely important in today's NBA- not too mention- he has athleticism and has finished some alley oops that Ed Davis only dreams of.

Its why Ed Davis is on his 4th team and has gone just went from rebuilding project to rebuilding project.

This season:

Ed Davis: 6.8 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.7 blkpg, 0.6 stlpg 19.12 PER, 21.2 mpg, 26 years old, $6,980,802

Tristan Thompson: 7.8 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 0.4 blkpg, 0.3 stlpg 15.54 PER, 27.4 mpg, 24 years old, $14,460,870

So the Cavs are getting 1 more point per game, 2.1 more rebounds per game and fewer blocks and steals per game from a guy who is playing 6.2 more minutes per game and it's only costing them $7,480,068 more.

That's some shrewd bidness dealings right there.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season:

Ed Davis: 6.8 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.7 blkpg, 0.6 stlpg 19.12 PER, 21.2 mpg, 26 years old, $6,980,802

Tristan Thompson: 7.8 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 0.4 blkpg, 0.3 stlpg 15.54 PER, 27.4 mpg, 24 years old, $14,460,870

So the Cavs are getting 1 more point per game, 2.1 more rebounds per game and fewer blocks and steals per game from a guy who is playing 6.2 more minutes per game and it's only costing them $7,480,068 more.

That's some shrewd bidness dealings right there.

Wiggy doesn't like stats that don't fit his rose-tinted narrative.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis was a decent defender last season. He is athletic and a pretty good roll man in the PnR. Lin and Davis developed some nice chemistry last season.

Their per-36 are similar. Davis has a higher FG%. There's not some huge difference like you think there is.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the referencing the Suns in a Cavs thread? Deflection? They are a train wreck. Now what?

TT is not getting any better. Except for his rebounding, his stats are basically lower than his career averages. His PPG, blocks, & steals have steadily regressed over the last few seasons. Only his rebounding has remained steady.

It always happens with him.....he lashes out with something that isn't the topic at hand.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was a decent defender last season. He is athletic and a pretty good roll man in the PnR. Lin and Davis developed some nice chemistry last season.

Their per-36 are similar. Davis has a higher FG%. There's not some huge difference like you think there is.

Yeah, but TT plays for "The Land."

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Wiggy hasn't seen Davis play much and just looked at stats.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Davis is not represented by Klutch Sports...

i have always thought part of LeBron's return to Cleveland was to exact revenge on Gilbert by making him pay a huge luxury tax every year. Signing a marginal player to a near max deal to appease LeBron was an absolute necessity.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I am pretty sure signing Davis was never an option for Cleveland due to cap constraints. They were basically limited to min deals and resigning their own guys this offseason. Making Gilbert pay an exorbitant for Thompson has to make LeBron chuckle a bit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Davis is not represented by Klutch Sports...

i have always thought part of LeBron's return to Cleveland was to exact revenge on Gilbert by making him pay a huge luxury tax every year. Signing a marginal player to a near max deal to appease LeBron was an absolute necessity.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I am pretty sure signing Davis was never an option for Cleveland due to cap constraints. They were basically limited to min deals and resigning their own guys this offseason. Making Gilbert pay an exorbitant for Thompson has to make LeBron chuckle a bit.

Davis only makes just under $7 million, but I don't remember if the Cavs didn't even have enough cap space for that or not. It doesn't seem as if the Cavs even tried though. Maybe Davis is willing to come to Cleveland for a mid-level exception or something and a chance to win a ring?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is cancer. Let me guess. 'Bronbron can "fix" him? :rolleyes:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i said- which no one has addressed- Ed Davis is a journeymen backup NBA player who is jumping from rebuilding project to rebuilding project getting minutes in garbage time. He does not do one thing on an elite level. He is on his 4th team in 6 years. He has NEVER averaged 8 rebounds a year- something Thompson has done every year but his rookie year.

Thompson also got paid because he started and played in the playoffs and proved that he can step up in big moments. Ed Davis has not had one significant moment in his entire career. Thompson played like the 2nd best player on a team that got to game 6 of the Finals. Thompson is also one of the most mobile big men in the league- can play PF or C, and can switch on the pick and roll which makes him one of the most versatile bigs in the league.

Not only that- but Thompson never gets hurt, never complains about not getting the ball, works his ass off and is a great locker room guy- and is currently the NBA LEADER in consecutive games played.

Ed Davis makes his paychecks coming off the bench for 20 minutes a night on mostly crappy teams and no one really keeps him around because guys like him are mostly a dime a dozen- lotto picks that really never lived up to their expectations.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i said- which no one has addressed- Ed Davis is a journeymen backup NBA player who is jumping from rebuilding project to rebuilding project getting minutes in garbage time. He does not do one thing on an elite level. He is on his 4th team in 6 years. He has NEVER averaged 8 rebounds a year- something Thompson has done every year but his rookie year.

Thompson also got paid because he started and played in the playoffs and proved that he can step up in big moments. Ed Davis has not had one significant moment in his entire career. Thompson played like the 2nd best player on a team that got to game 6 of the Finals. Thompson is also one of the most mobile big men in the league- can play PF or C, and can switch on the pick and roll which makes him one of the most versatile bigs in the league.

Not only that- but Thompson never gets hurt, never complains about not getting the ball, works his ass off and is a great locker room guy- and is currently the NBA LEADER in consecutive games played.

Ed Davis makes his paychecks coming off the bench for 20 minutes a night on mostly crappy teams and no one really keeps him around because guys like him are mostly a dime a dozen- lotto picks that really never lived up to their expectations.

And the list of offers from other teams to Tristan last summer was??
Remind us.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the list of offers from other teams to Tristan last summer was??
Remind us.
only 1 restricted free agent got an offer last year- Kanter-

and Thompson was asking for MORE than what other teams could even offer under the rules. If you remember- he told the Cavs- either sign me long term or i am leaving NEXT year. He was not leaving this year even if another team offered him a "max offer"- since that max offer from a different team was atually less than what he was asking for from the Cavs- which is hard to really wrap your mind around i know. Hence- a 6 month hold out to get an extra 2 million dollars (idiot).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only 1 restricted free agent got an offer last year- Kanter-

and Thompson was asking for MORE than what other teams could even offer under the rules. If you remember- he told the Cavs- either sign me long term or i am leaving NEXT year. He was not leaving this year even if another team offered him a "max offer"- since that max offer from a different team was atually less than what he was asking for from the Cavs- which is hard to really wrap your mind around i know. Hence- a 6 month hold out to get an extra 2 million dollars (idiot).

Save it.
We all knew that at the end of the day Gilbert had to pay him twice what he is worth.