• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs looking to swap love/mozgov for Demarcus Cousins and gay

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean i could be wrong- Davis is on his 4th team and has never been a starter or even gotten close to starters minutes and has never put up numbers that were even mediocre for a PF because he is so good. ???

i mean when your getting blocked my meyers leonard and noah vonleh and the bad plumlee- i mean cmon- mchale in his prime couldnt get 25 minutes with that front line!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without lebron tristan was at basically 12 points, 10 boards a game- something Davis has never even gotten close to. stupid comment.

No, what's stupid is your inability to understand that Thompson is way overpaid and the only reason he has the money he has is because of Lebron.

If not for Lebron, Thompson probably isn't even a Cav anymore and he sure as hell isn't making $14 million for 8 points and 9 rebounds per game.

You can post all of the bullshit red herrings that you want about Davis playing for more teams. The stats speak for themselves. Your desperate attempts to make it look like Thompson is somehow worth what he's being paid are laughable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean i could be wrong- Davis is on his 4th team and has never been a starter or even gotten close to starters minutes and has never put up numbers that were even mediocre for a PF because he is so good. ???

i mean when your getting blocked my meyers leonard and noah vonleh and the bad plumlee- i mean cmon- mchale in his prime couldnt get 25 minutes with that front line!

He scores 1 less point per game than Thompson and gets 2 fewer rebounds. He averages more blocks and steals than Thompson and he does it playing 6 fewer minutes per game and for less than half what Thompson makes.

If Davis is mediocre, so is Thompson. The difference is, Davis isn't grossly overpaid like Thompson.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what's stupid is your inability to understand that Thompson is way overpaid and the only reason he has the money he has is because of Lebron.

If not for Lebron, Thompson probably isn't even a Cav anymore and he sure as hell isn't making $14 million for 8 points and 9 rebounds per game.

You can post all of the bullshit red herrings that you want about Davis playing for more teams. The stats speak for themselves. Your desperate attempts to make it look like Thompson is somehow worth what he's being paid are laughable.
red herrings?

comparing him to pool of other players that play his position that got signed to deals in the same offseason?

I mean

Demarre Carrol 15
Jonas Valuncinas 15
Enes Kanter 18
Brook Lopez 20
Robin Lopez 14
Tobias Harris 16
Amir Johnson 12

and Thompson for 16 is just crazy??? lol...its just laughable. -and becuase of the circumstances- the fact the Cavs had no other option because of being over the cap, the Rich Paul effect, and the fact that he played great in the postseason, added up to the fact that maybe he got 2-3 million a year more than he would have gotten on the open market. But PLEASE- if you try and tell me that Tristan Thompson would have gotten something like 10 million a year in free agency- just refer to that list right above you- because its flat out ridiculous.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
red herrings?

comparing him to pool of other players that play his position that got signed to deals in the same offseason?

I mean

Demarre Carrol 15
Jonas Valuncinas 15
Enes Kanter 18
Brook Lopez 20
Robin Lopez 14
Tobias Harris 16
Amir Johnson 12

and Thompson for 16 is just crazy??? lol...its just laughable. -and becuase of the circumstances- the fact the Cavs had no other option because of being over the cap, the Rich Paul effect, and the fact that he played great in the postseason, added up to the fact that maybe he got 2-3 million a year more than he would have gotten on the open market. But PLEASE- if you try and tell me that Tristan Thompson would have gotten something like 10 million a year in free agency- just refer to that list right above you- because its flat out ridiculous.

Yes, this is a fine example of another of your red herrings. I do agree though, Thompson for 16 is both crazy and laughable. It's about time you saw the light.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just so glad that Lue is finally at least going to emphasize each players strengths. The Cavs lost in Detroit earlier in the year- and they positively smoked them last night. Love/LeBron/Irving played the best together as they had all season. Lets hope it continues. Right now- teams go on runs against them because they get into a little bit of a funk here or there with learning the new system etc. but you can see where there is actually a plan- and they are trying to stick to it- instead of abandoning it for iso stuff when things get tough.

No way to tell, until the Cavs are in tough, close games.
If James goes into dribble/iso mode, it doesn't matter what the coach wants or his hoping for.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without lebron tristan was at basically 12 points, 10 boards a game- something Davis has never even gotten close to. stupid comment.

You can't even try to predict any players stats without James, because he gets everyone else inflated stats by being doubled most of the time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats don't back that up.

For Tristan it isn't always the stats, it's the little things not in the box score. If you watch him play you know what I mean. He will never be a stat stuffer or anything close to it

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Tristan it isn't always the stats, it's the little things not in the box score. If you watch him play you know what I mean. He will never be a stat stuffer or anything close to it

I get that, he's like AC Green and Kurt Rambis with the Showtime Lakers. He does the dirty work. However, little things don't add up to $14 million.

I don't disagree that Thompson is a better player than Davis, but he's not more than double Davis' salary better. You could replace Thompson with Davis and there would be very little or no difference in the number of wins or how far they advanced in the playoffs.

No one is saying that Thompson sucks, just that he's not worth $14 million. Heck, I think even you said he's not worth that much.