• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captains

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Parise resigns, can we safely assument the captains will be:

Parise: C
Elias: A
Kovalchuk: A

I would imagine this is what it will be but is there anybody you would want to have the A? Or could somebody else aside from Parise be the captain? Maybe no captain and 3 alternates?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Parise should take it for a test drive to see how he likes it. Elias has already said he didnt want, you never know what you like until you try it

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets face it, this is a job that has been waiting for zach since his rookie year. he's been the leader of this team for a while, but now its time for him to truely take the reigns.

i know some don't but i really like kovy's attitude as well, it seems the lockeroom this year made a transition, both in attitude and youthfulness. you never seem to see devils teams having that much fun, even when they are winning, and this year they were, which i think had a lot to do with the fact that the roster, throughout the year, got younger and younger, the new generation isn't quite as stoic which seems to be a growing trend in the league amongst the succesful teams.

i'll be honest i'm happy with where, on paper, this team could be heading

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you never seem to see devils teams having that much fun, even when they are winning, and this year they were, which i think had a lot to do with the fact that the roster, throughout the year, got younger and younger, the new generation isn't quite as stoic which seems to be a growing trend in the league amongst the succesful teams.

Agree 100% on this. As shitty as this year was to watch (for the most part) it had to happen eventually. Great teams that start to lose it usually need something to happen in order to change course. Otherwise management just tries to tweak a little here and a little there to keep it going. Now at least we have a new direction to go in.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was almost alarming how close and fast we were becoming Toronto. Able to spend too much money to miss the playoffs, never bad enough to truly rebuild. That's a deadly limo to be in, but this will certainly be a decent start.

Besides, I still think Lou is in a "win now" mentality, and will be until Marty is gone.