• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Bye Bosh

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad, but no surprise to me.

By Tim Reynolds, The Associated Press

MIAMI (AP) - A person with knowledge of the situation says Chris Bosh has failed his physical, meaning the Miami Heat will not clear him for training camp next week and casting serious doubt on his playing future.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because neither Bosh nor the team has announced the result. It's a major setback for the 11-time All-Star forward, who wants to resume playing even though each of his last two seasons was cut short by blood clots.

Bosh was examined by multiple doctors in recent days in an attempt to be cleared for camp, which beings next week.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad, but no surprise to me.

By Tim Reynolds, The Associated Press

MIAMI (AP) - A person with knowledge of the situation says Chris Bosh has failed his physical, meaning the Miami Heat will not clear him for training camp next week and casting serious doubt on his playing future.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because neither Bosh nor the team has announced the result. It's a major setback for the 11-time All-Star forward, who wants to resume playing even though each of his last two seasons was cut short by blood clots.

Bosh was examined by multiple doctors in recent days in an attempt to be cleared for camp, which beings next week.
oh geez....

Watch this go to (a) the league office or, (b) court...IF Bosh is dead-set (no pun intended) on playing. What a crappy, unlucky, awful situation.

tuth- do you think Bosh accepts the Heat's decision or do you think he fights it? And - its not clear from the article- was it the Heat's decision or was the league behind it?

it SOUNDS like it was the Heat's decision- but I dont want to assume that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat don't clear Bosh return after failed physical

answered my own question. It was the Heat.

"The Miami Heat and Chris Bosh, in consultation with team doctors and other physicians, have been working together for many months with the mutual goal of having Chris return to the court as soon as possible," the team's statement said. "Chris has now taken his pre-season physical. The Miami Heat regret that it remains unable to clear Chris to return to basketball activities."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The Miami Heat and Chris Bosh, in consultation with team doctors and other physicians, have been working together for many months with the mutual goal of having Chris return to the court as soon as possible," the team's statement said. "Chris has now taken his pre-season physical. The Miami Heat regret that it remains unable to clear Chris to return to basketball activities."

Of course it's Heat doctors.
He is there for Heat training camp.

The man admitted that he was at risk of death after the first episode.
Did you watch the video he posted?

Nothing since the last episode that he has done has involved any contact with his body.
THAT is the problem.
In the NBA, you will get hit.

It wouldn't even be fair to the opponents.
Would you want to be the one who fouled Bosh then watched him drop?

You act like it's some Heat conspiracy.

It's just a very unfortunate situation for both sides.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just unfortunate for all. Reminds me of how Brandon Roy's career was cut real short. Bosh would have had easily 3 more prime years because of his game. Hopefully that 200M he's already made in his career will help ease some of his concern.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh geez....

Watch this go to (a) the league office or, (b) court...IF Bosh is dead-set (no pun intended) on playing. What a crappy, unlucky, awful situation.

tuth- do you think Bosh accepts the Heat's decision or do you think he fights it? And - its not clear from the article- was it the Heat's decision or was the league behind it?

it SOUNDS like it was the Heat's decision- but I dont want to assume that.

I can see him getting a second opinion, but he's done...time to hang it up bro!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just unfortunate for all. Reminds me of how Brandon Roy's career was cut real short. Bosh would have had easily 3 more prime years because of his game. Hopefully that 200M he's already made in his career will help ease some of his concern.
That's a good analogy.

Glad Bosh made the move to go to Miami and got a handful of relevant years in his prime.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for Bosh but then again, at least he is still amazingly rich. :noidea:

I feel bad for him in that Basketball has probably been his whole life and focus up to this point. To tell him he'll never be able to play again and it's not his decision is always going to be tough. The money though will help him get into whatever venture he wants to do next. He seems like an intelligent and well spoken guy so I would think he'll have plenty of opportunities in lots of different directions.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for him in that Basketball has probably been his whole life and focus up to this point. To tell him he'll never be able to play again and it's not his decision is always going to be tough. The money though will help him get into whatever venture he wants to do next. He seems like an intelligent and well spoken guy so I would think he'll have plenty of opportunities in lots of different directions.
Couldn't agree more. He deserves to go out on his own terms and that would be rough no matter how much cash he has in the bank.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to retire. Sorry it had to end like this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's Heat doctors.
He is there for Heat training camp.

The man admitted that he was at risk of death after the first episode.
Did you watch the video he posted?

Nothing since the last episode that he has done has involved any contact with his body.
THAT is the problem.
In the NBA, you will get hit.

It wouldn't even be fair to the opponents.
Would you want to be the one who fouled Bosh then watched him drop?

You act like it's some Heat conspiracy.

It's just a very unfortunate situation for both sides.
I would say the word "conspiracy" is harsh- but i do believe their is a conflict of interest on both sides which is why I had assumed the Heat would do this through and with the league office.

I would suspect this issue will drag out now- while of course keeping in mind the very real and personal tragedy that has taken place here- as an aspiring attorney- it will be incredibly interesting to see how this plays out and where it goes from here if Bosh is dead set (again- no pun intended)- on continuing.

From how Bosh has acted it certainly does not seem to me like he i s going to say- "Well - I tried" and fade off and never be heard from again. Maybe not. We shall see.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh wants to get paid, and the Heat are ready to rebuild and do not want to pay him. I guess rebuild, it is the East after all. I honestly dont think Bosh will risk his life for another check, i believe him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh wants to get paid, and the Heat are ready to rebuild and do not want to pay him. I guess rebuild, it is the East after all. I honestly dont think Bosh will risk his life for another check, i believe him.

He gets every nickle of his current contract, regardless.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the word "conspiracy" is harsh- but i do believe their is a conflict of interest on both sides which is why I had assumed the Heat would do this through and with the league office.

I would suspect this issue will drag out now- while of course keeping in mind the very real and personal tragedy that has taken place here- as an aspiring attorney- it will be incredibly interesting to see how this plays out and where it goes from here if Bosh is dead set (again- no pun intended)- on continuing.

From how Bosh has acted it certainly does not seem to me like he i s going to say- "Well - I tried" and fade off and never be heard from again. Maybe not. We shall see.

He almost died.
There is no known remedy.
It's just sad.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just like we said it would happen...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've read somewhere in the past that the Heat will pay Bosh the remainder of his contract though. They just want to move on and get him off the books though. Remember, contracts in the NBA are guaranteed. Bosh wants to continue playing as well as get one more contract in before his career's done.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read somewhere in the past that the Heat will pay Bosh the remainder of his contract though. They just want to move on and get him off the books though. Remember, contracts in the NBA are guaranteed. Bosh wants to continue playing as well as get one more contract in before his career's done.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the Miami Heat have injury insurance coverage on Chris Bosh if he never plays again. Chris will still get paid by the Heat, but a large portion, if not all, will be covered by insurance. So the Heat really don't lose out on this at all. The Heat basically just don't want Bosh dying on them because they let him play. That's the biggest concern. It's not money. It's about the life of Bosh and if something tragic happened to him, it would be a long time before the organization recovered, on the court or even emotionally. That would be crippling to the franchise in so many ways.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I read somewhere that the Miami Heat have injury insurance coverage on Chris Bosh if he never plays again. Chris will still get paid by the Heat, but a large portion, if not all, will be covered by insurance. So the Heat really don't lose out on this at all. The Heat basically just don't want Bosh dying on them because they let him play. That's the biggest concern. It's not money. It's about the life of Bosh and if something tragic happened to him, it would be a long time before the organization recovered, on the court or even emotionally. That would be crippling to the franchise in so many ways.

Tell that to Wiggy - the only person who's trying to convince everyone that this is being staged by the Heat.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to Wiggy - the only person who's trying to convince everyone that this is being staged by the Heat.

oh no doubt...

shame on the Heat for attempting to save themselves and Bosh from a bad situation. what were they thinking...?