• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Bye Bosh

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omg. did you read the quote? he shouldnt be anywhere NEAR a court if an INDEPENDENT arbiter thinks he is at risk. I have always and still do maintain that. The Heat, Bosh, any team pursuing him- are NOT independent parties.

I would hope that's your opinion.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all it takes is at least 1 eye and the ability to read....or the ability to read braile too i suppose- but that might be hard over the internet.

I can read just fine. Your tone seems to be one of seeking strange vindication against the Heat rather than concern over someone's life though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can read just fine. Your tone seems to be one of seeking strange vindication against the Heat rather than concern over someone's life though.
Oh i would absolutely love it if it turned out the Heat were acting in a biased way and the league office said that independent doctors have verified that whatever protocol Bosh wishes to play under lowers the risks to an acceptable level.

I would laugh my ass off and hope the Cavs signed him with LeBron lobbying Bosh not only to help the CAvs win another title but to totally fuck the Heat- whom he seems pissed off at. I would never deny that it would be an amazing ancillary benefit.

im not gonna act like i dont like the Heat and would thoroughly enjoy Bosh winning a title with the Cavs and sticking it to them if it at all possible to do in a safe manner.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson: Doesn't look like Chris Bosh will fight salary clearing

“Now at this point is does not look like Bosh will fight that. He might change his mind. It’s conceivable maybe in two or three weeks or two or three months, he might decide he wants to fight it and wants to play again but as of this moment Chris Bosh understands he is unable to play at this point. Now even if Bosh does fight this, though, I think the Heat is in very good position to have his salary cleared from the cap.”

Now this doesn’t mean Bosh won’t get paid the roughly $52 million he’s owed after this upcoming year, it merely means it won’t count against the Heat’s salary cap for the 2017-18 season and beyond.

If the Heat clears the contract, they would have around $43 million in cap space next summer, per Jackson, more than enough dough to throw at free agents like Steph Curry and Kevin Durant, both long shots to leave Golden State, in addition to players like Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, and Paul Millsap.

Now one interesting tidbit that Barry “Nuggets” Jackson also shared was that if they expunged his salary and Bosh was eventually cleared after the fact, his deal would go back on Miami’s books at that point.

But by then, even in that unlikely scenario, the Heat probably would have already used its cap space. It’d be a moot point from a player-acquisition standpoint and only affect the team from a tax standpoint.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh will be on the cavs very soon

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no legal expert, but I would expect Bosh to be retained as active, but not cleared for play. His full salary will be paid to him and 80% I believe is covered by insurance. The Heat will likely be able to get a player exemption from the League for him and will also likely be able to clear his cap space. I would imagine that would be the most likely scenario that benefits all party's, except the insurance company.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no legal expert, but I would expect Bosh to be retained as active, but not cleared for play. His full salary will be paid to him and 80% I believe is covered by insurance. The Heat will likely be able to get a player exemption from the League for him and will also likely be able to clear his cap space. I would imagine that would be the most likely scenario that benefits all party's, except the insurance company.

I read something awhile back, too lazy to look up but it said if he didn't play by a certain time of the season they could just get rid of him

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More cap space for Gilbert to waste. Sounds about right!

Gilbert had Irving, Love and TT signed prior to the contracts going up like crazy...It was really smart

Now you have players like Mozgov getting the same amount

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read something awhile back, too lazy to look up but it said if he didn't play by a certain time of the season they could just get rid of him

They can rid probably a roster spot and maybe even cap space, but not salary. All NBA contracts are guaranteed. The only way the Heat could get rid of any contract would be to void it, but there's no way in hell the Heat would ever do that, even if they could.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda sucks... but hard to say that getting a 76 million dollar paycheck to retire as an NBA future Hof'er is a bad thing. I can think of a LOT of people who's sicknesses I'd feel more sorry for.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad, but no surprise to me.

By Tim Reynolds, The Associated Press

MIAMI (AP) - A person with knowledge of the situation says Chris Bosh has failed his physical, meaning the Miami Heat will not clear him for training camp next week and casting serious doubt on his playing future.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because neither Bosh nor the team has announced the result. It's a major setback for the 11-time All-Star forward, who wants to resume playing even though each of his last two seasons was cut short by blood clots.

Bosh was examined by multiple doctors in recent days in an attempt to be cleared for camp, which beings next week.

Not a huge surprise here - from what I know about blood clots and how dangerous they are to a professional athlete. They still have to pay him though but if he is out long enough - the insurance picks up the tab.

On another note - Tyreke Evans has a blood clot in his calf